LL82: LearnedLeague

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bigdogstalfos
Valued Contributor
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Re: LL82: LearnedLeague

Post by Bigdogstalfos » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:20 am

Volante wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:49 am
morbeedo wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:56 am
alietr wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:04 am
Are mini-leagues scored by Thorsten, or by the smith(s)?
I thought Thorsten did all the scoring
I think he does too, but it's based solely on rules provided by the smiths so it's not always as forgiving/generous as an LL match.
On the 1DSes I’ve written, I’ve had to put it as many acceptable answers as possible, but never have had to think of potential misspellings that are still right. So I think TAI still has that not-fun task. He posted all the spellings of Khachaturian he got for one question on a 1DS.

User avatar
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool
Posts: 1520
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: LL82: LearnedLeague

Post by triviawayne » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:09 pm

Volante wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:49 am
morbeedo wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:56 am
alietr wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:04 am
Are mini-leagues scored by Thorsten, or by the smith(s)?
I thought Thorsten did all the scoring
I think he does too, but it's based solely on rules provided by the smiths so it's not always as forgiving/generous as an LL match.
I would think Thorsten as the scoring is automatic, then the wrong answers checked (he explained the system in a thread somewhere on LL). He would be the one to have access to that system.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

User avatar
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 4049
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: LL82: LearnedLeague

Post by Woof » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:30 pm

Et
triviawayne wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:09 pm
Volante wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:49 am
morbeedo wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:56 am
alietr wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:04 am
Are mini-leagues scored by Thorsten, or by the smith(s)?
I thought Thorsten did all the scoring
I think he does too, but it's based solely on rules provided by the smiths so it's not always as forgiving/generous as an LL match.
I would think Thorsten as the scoring is automatic, then the wrong answers checked (he explained the system in a thread somewhere on LL). He would be the one to have access to that system.
I’m pretty sure that TA uses regex pattern matching to catch a lot of common misspellings and variant spellings, but as he explained he still has to examine the wrong answers to see if there’s something he missed.

User avatar
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire
Posts: 1101
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: LL82: LearnedLeague

Post by trainman » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:52 pm

Only finished second in the Steam Era Railroading 1DS! Well, I'm actually more of a fan of diesel-era railroading anyway.

User avatar
twelvefootboy
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!
Posts: 1463
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:18 pm
Location: Tornado Alley / Southwest Missouri

Re: LL82: LearnedLeague

Post by twelvefootboy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:54 pm

I've already bemoaned my decision to sign up for 3 MiniLeagues with the idea I might learn something. I don't mind finishing last but there is a baseball rule about making a farce of the game that ought to come in play.

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, but after 7 days in the 21sr Century Movies ML, I have ONE correct answer (I got lucky with a WAG for "UP"). The rest of the group averages 16 TCA, from 5 TCA to 33 TCA.

My status? SIXTH PLACE :o .

Now I know how Trump won :lol: .
Image
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.

User avatar
morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 2397
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: LL82: LearnedLeague

Post by morbeedo » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:51 pm

twelvefootboy wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:54 pm
I've already bemoaned my decision to sign up for 3 MiniLeagues with the idea I might learn something. I don't mind finishing last but there is a baseball rule about making a farce of the game that ought to come in play.

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, but after 7 days in the 21sr Century Movies ML, I have ONE correct answer (I got lucky with a WAG for "UP"). The rest of the group averages 16 TCA, from 5 TCA to 33 TCA.

My status? SIXTH PLACE :o .

Now I know how Trump won :lol: .
What the what?? Haha!

User avatar
MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1806
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: LL82: LearnedLeague

Post by MinnesotaMyron » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:22 pm

The last thing I thought before clicking on the Andrew Lloyd Webber 1-Day was, I should probably look up the name of that horrible sequel to Phantom of the Opera. Lol, yup, I sure shoulda!

Congrats to Morbeedo on our tie yesterday in the Movies ML. Nearly a mirror match too! My brain gave me Wexu and Welcome to MooseWOOD, neither of which were close enough.

User avatar
morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 2397
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: LL82: LearnedLeague

Post by morbeedo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:35 pm

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:22 pm
The last thing I thought before clicking on the Andrew Lloyd Webber 1-Day was, I should probably look up the name of that horrible sequel to Phantom of the Opera. Lol, yup, I sure shoulda!

Congrats to Morbeedo on our tie yesterday in the Movies ML. Nearly a mirror match too! My brain gave me Wexu and Welcome to MooseWOOD, neither of which were close enough.
I had The Birdcage (1996!) as Hackman’s last film. Never even heard of Moosewood

Post Reply