Tuesday, November 5, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by twelvefootboy »

seaborgium wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:27 am
twelvefootboy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:18 amThis is a wheelhouse for me, but no way I connect the dots to Ra and Po as the same year. Did anyone get this wicked clue? I wonder where it would have left James if he got this clue and missed it with his normal all-in play?
(quoting and de-spoilerizing in appropriate thread)

I got them and didn't find it hard. The Curies famously discovered radium, and prior to that (albeit less famously) named polonium for Marie's home country. I doubt James would have missed it.
Thanks, for the insight and change of venue. I read as many threads as I could but saved Tuesdays for last to see how Rob narrated it afterward and because it was already 70 posts. I misplaced this element question even while plainly remembering Rob's opening foot in mouth with Potassium.

I knew both were Curie's discoveries, but somehow kept them in separate file drawers.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Bamaman »

floridagator wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:21 pm I said poles also and was amused that that was a BMS. I have no idea what 90 degrees latitude could refer to other than the poles. So they BMS that and let Adams and Roosevelt slip?
I was wondering if there is an East and West Pole I never learned about.

I was surprised Dhruv did poorly in PAC 12 after crushing the sports category in the first round.

Tough day, Rob. But you did much better than I ever will on the show.

Another Teen Tournament FJ. They had to narrow it down to just six states before even getting to the meat of the clue?