GOAT Tournament Day 1 (1/7/20) Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: GOAT Tournament Day 1 (1/7/20) Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by ParrotRob »

alietr wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:24 am
ParrotRob wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:52 amThis is also the same group that largely insists that James "threw" the GOAT tournament ... insist that he threw his 33rd game to Emma Boetcher because ... his "little girl wanted Daddy home".
I hadn't seen that one (but then again, I pay no attention to those types). Yeah, being gone two days every two weeks must've been terrible for his daughter. Yeesh.
Especially when those two days grossed him roughly $700,000
--
Drowning in the pool
ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: GOAT Tournament Day 1 (1/7/20) Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by ParrotRob »

Bamaman wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:06 am
alietr wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:24 am
ParrotRob wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:52 amThis is also the same group that largely insists that James "threw" the GOAT tournament ... insist that he threw his 33rd game to Emma Boetcher because ... his "little girl wanted Daddy home".
I hadn't seen that one (but then again, I pay no attention to those types). Yeah, being gone two days every two weeks must've been terrible for his daughter. Yeesh.
Wasn’t she with him for some of the shows? She made Alex a card after his cancer announcement.
I can't recall whether she was ever actually THERE or not, but I do remember the card thing. That really tugged st the heartstrings of the Facebook crowd, though. All the more evidence of how the 6-8 days away from home devastated the family and made walking away from $2M+ a no-brainer. ;)
--
Drowning in the pool