Roger Craig's trivia triumph app

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

boson
Trivial

Roger Craig's trivia triumph app

Post by boson »

Roger Craig is about to release an app to help you prepare for Jeopardy. As many of you know, Roger had a very detailed and quantitative way to get better at Jeopardy, which resulted in some top performances.

Check it out at triviatriumph.com
Here's the tweet announcing it

https://twitter.com/rogcraig/status/121 ... 93760?s=19

(I'm not affiliated, and haven't seen the app - just sharing to this dedicated crowd)
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: Roger Craig's trivia triumph app

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

it's also obviously not affiliated with Jeopardy! and uses none of their content.
https://mobile.twitter.com/rogcraig/sta ... 5473123328

This is good. I was worried about the C&D. Other apps haven't been so considerate. I shouldn't have worried that Roger is obviously smarter than that.

(Did I never search the sample clue in the pic? Not an actual J! clue, though it does feel like one.)
MitchO
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MitchO »

I signed up, with my additional info being "May all your missed guesses be Talking Heads references" :lol:
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:02 pm
it's also obviously not affiliated with Jeopardy! and uses none of their content.
https://mobile.twitter.com/rogcraig/sta ... 5473123328

This is good. I was worried about the C&D. Other apps haven't been so considerate. I shouldn't have worried that Roger is obviously smarter than that.

(Did I never search the sample clue in the pic? Not an actual J! clue, though it does feel like one.)
Roger stopped by Reddit awhile back and briefly mentioned his work on the app, and how he was working to find a way to avoid using J!'s IP, so I wasn't worried.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something...

is it available for use yet, or is this still just a signup? I signed up a while ago, but haven't heard of available for use yet.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
BrigadierSolo13
Double Double Machine

Post by BrigadierSolo13 »

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has heard about this coming out yet?

I'm assuming the unforseen circumstances that have happened since his announcement have affected progress, but I was wondering if Roger has shared any news on Twitter or any other social media platform I avoid like the plague.
talkingaway
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by talkingaway »

BrigadierSolo13 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:25 pm Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has heard about this coming out yet?

I'm assuming the unforseen circumstances that have happened since his announcement have affected progress, but I was wondering if Roger has shared any news on Twitter or any other social media platform I avoid like the plague.
Great question. I just realized/remembered I followed him on Twitter right around the time he announced (and/or I heard about) the app. Flipping back on his timeline, he seems to post and/or retweet in bursts - there's a GOAT burst, and an immediate post-COVID burst. Nothing over the past 2 months or so, which doesn't mean anything per se, but I do assume that COVID may have affected the rollout of the app.

But honestly, I've got nothing better to do right now than to beta test the app, so BRING IT!!! :D :D
BrigadierSolo13
Double Double Machine

Post by BrigadierSolo13 »

talkingaway wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:06 pm But honestly, I've got nothing better to do right now than to beta test the app, so BRING IT!!! :D :D
Yeah, my revival of this topic might have something to do with the fact that the J! Season is over :roll: