Anyone else seeing this error?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 8487
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by econgator » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:57 pm

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './agefen_phpBB/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

===========================================================================

Seems to happen only if I edit a post or try to delete a post.

If I edit the post and see this error, I can hit the BACK button on my browser and the edit goes through just fine.

If I try to delete a post, again I can hit the BACK button and the post is deleted, but the LAST POST column still shows that I was the last poster, even though the post is gone.

ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 pm

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by ParrotRob » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:06 pm

econgator wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:57 pm
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './agefen_phpBB/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

===========================================================================

Seems to happen only if I edit a post or try to delete a post.

If I edit the post and see this error, I can hit the BACK button on my browser and the edit goes through just fine.

If I try to delete a post, again I can hit the BACK button and the post is deleted, but the LAST POST column still shows that I was the last poster, even though the post is gone.
Been getting various SQL errors for a couple days now. I figured TPTB already knew about it.
--
Drowning in the pool

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 6912
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by alietr » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:19 pm

Yeah, there are problems with editing posts at the moment.

ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 pm

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by ParrotRob » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:37 pm

alietr wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:19 pm
Yeah, there are problems with editing posts at the moment.
For what it's worth, there's another squirrely issue I'm seeing too - no matter how many times I read it or mark it read, the January 28th online test thread (all six pages of it now) show unread. Nothing I can do will mark that thread read, even marking the entire forum read. Not sure if it's related or not, just throwing that out there. Yes, I've tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Edge, IE, FireFox and Android Chrome). Not really problematic, but an anomaly that may or may not help you troubleshoot.
--
Drowning in the pool

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns
Posts: 6624
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by seaborgium » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:39 pm

ParrotRob wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:37 pm
alietr wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:19 pm
Yeah, there are problems with editing posts at the moment.
For what it's worth, there's another squirrely issue I'm seeing too - no matter how many times I read it or mark it read, the January 28th online test thread (all six pages of it now) show unread. Nothing I can do will mark that thread read, even marking the entire forum read. Not sure if it's related or not, just throwing that out there. Yes, I've tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Edge, IE, FireFox and Android Chrome). Not really problematic, but an anomaly that may or may not help you troubleshoot.
This seems to be the issue econgator is alluding to in his last paragraph.

User avatar
OntarioQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews
Posts: 1357
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:01 am

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by OntarioQuizzer » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:18 pm

econgator wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:57 pm
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './agefen_phpBB/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

===========================================================================

Seems to happen only if I edit a post or try to delete a post.

If I edit the post and see this error, I can hit the BACK button on my browser and the edit goes through just fine.

If I try to delete a post, again I can hit the BACK button and the post is deleted, but the LAST POST column still shows that I was the last poster, even though the post is gone.
Yes, the server crashed as I was attempting to post the answers to last night's test. I think some PHPBB files may have been corrupted in the process.
Andy Saunders
Moderator, #JeopardyLivePanel
Host, Complete The List
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Site Admin - The Jeopardy! Fan

User avatar
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by Robert K S » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:22 pm

Maybe we should just delete that thread and re-post?

VaBanque
Contributor
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:26 pm

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by VaBanque » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:20 pm

Image
My thread "Interesting trivia..." stay in thread list after delete. Post from this delete thread I replace in another place.

True North
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:55 am

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by True North » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:08 pm

I see the error whenever I edit now. However, I find the edits have always gone through when I navigate back to the post.

User avatar
Category 13
Wagering Viking
Posts: 1627
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:43 pm
Location: This side of paradise

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by Category 13 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:49 pm

True North wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:08 pm
I see the error whenever I edit now. However, I find the edits have always gone through when I navigate back to the post.
Same here.
First occurrance was early A.M. this morning.

User avatar
MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by MinnesotaMyron » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:33 pm

When I try to search:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './agefen_phpBB/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

+++++

I'm not having any problem marking the board threads "read", though.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 10235
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by MarkBarrett » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:50 pm

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:33 pm
When I try to search:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './agefen_phpBB/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

+++++

I'm not having any problem marking the board threads "read", though.
That's what I got when trying a search for "poll request" to see if there are any requests for the weekly poll. Using Google with the site:jboard.tv is the extra annoying step to take.

User avatar
MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by MinnesotaMyron » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:09 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:50 pm
MinnesotaMyron wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:33 pm
When I try to search:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table './agefen_phpBB/phpbb_search_wordmatch' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed [144]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

+++++

I'm not having any problem marking the board threads "read", though.
That's what I got when trying a search for "poll request" to see if there are any requests for the weekly poll. Using Google with the site:jboard.tv is the extra annoying step to take.
That's what I had to do too. But no worries, since I finally just bookmarked the FJ resource, instead of searching for it every time I want to reference it for the last 4 or 5 years or whatever.

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 6912
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by alietr » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:23 pm

I am trying to get this resolved.

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns
Posts: 6624
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by seaborgium » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:12 am

Another symptom seems to be that the last post on a page with a deleted post also appears as the first post on the following thread.

User avatar
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by Robert K S » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:52 am

We might have... fixed it? Please post here with any lingering issues.

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 8487
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by econgator » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:30 am

So far, the only issue I see is that the mod "?" doesn't go away on old posts even though there is nothing left to moderate.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 10235
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by MarkBarrett » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:33 am

Today I could do a search and I was able to edit my "reserved" placeholder post to add in my comments. Thanks for the fix, gentlemen.

User avatar
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:26 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by Robert K S » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:14 pm

econgator wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:30 am
So far, the only issue I see is that the mod "?" doesn't go away on old posts even though there is nothing left to moderate.
We noticed that, and short of doing manual surgery on the database there is probably no way to address it, so we're going to leave that one go.

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 6912
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Anyone else seeing this error?

Post by alietr » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:52 pm

Robert K S wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:14 pm
econgator wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:30 am
So far, the only issue I see is that the mod "?" doesn't go away on old posts even though there is nothing left to moderate.
We noticed that, and short of doing manual surgery on the database there is probably no way to address it, so we're going to leave that one go.
Those resulted from me deleting spammers, and presumably those will start going away as those threads age.

Post Reply