2020 Jeopardy North American Audition Tour

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Tabby
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: 2020 Jeopardy North American Audition Tour

Post by Tabby »

morbeedo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:23 am
Tabby wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:06 am Just got notified that I am scheduled for a zoom audition, part 2, next week. I took the zoom audition test back in October, based on the January 2020 online test. I had pretty much given up after being told I would progress to the mock game portion and then not hearing anything for 6 months.
Well, hot damn!
Indeed!
Tabby
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Tabby »

Following up on yesterday's audition. The format on zoom has been explained before, and is similar to an in-person audition with the exception that typically 9 people are scheduled at one time slot to play the game in groups of 3. My group only had 4, so we all played at the same time which didn't seem to pose any particular problem. Unfortunately from my perspective, everybody in my "pod" did well - good game play and I believe all questions were answered correctly - so very competitive.

We were told that taping would begin again in August, and calls will begin to go out sometime later in July. So for anyone currently in the pool, you can relax for awhile.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Wish I knew if I was in the pool or not because of the situation it leaves me with no real way to know how long I was frozen, and when that will thaw, and when I would drown.

I took the anytime test again and passed again and if randomly selected, will notify them of the circumstances and see what happens from there.

I think it's about time to retire this thread and just start posting with when someone took the anytime test and go from there, deciding what to do if and when they would resume the traveling local auditions.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
MasterCone
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by MasterCone »

triviawayne wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:23 pm Wish I knew if I was in the pool or not because of the situation it leaves me with no real way to know how long I was frozen, and when that will thaw, and when I would drown.

I took the anytime test again and passed again and if randomly selected, will notify them of the circumstances and see what happens from there.
I did the exact same thing 2 weeks ago, also thinking I'd just divulge the situation if I get selected to audition again and it becomes relevant. I auditioned in May of 2019 so figured 2 years was probably enough time since they have been having out of town contestants for months now it seems.
DysonSphere
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by DysonSphere »

triviawayne wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:23 pm I think it's about time to retire this thread and just start posting with when someone took the anytime test and go from there, deciding what to do if and when they would resume the traveling local auditions.
A thread for posting audition and taping related updates would be welcome. I auditioned in December and I've been eager to hear if anybody from that time period has gotten the call yet.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

DysonSphere wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:22 pm
triviawayne wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:23 pm I think it's about time to retire this thread and just start posting with when someone took the anytime test and go from there, deciding what to do if and when they would resume the traveling local auditions.
A thread for posting audition and taping related updates would be welcome. I auditioned in December and I've been eager to hear if anybody from that time period has gotten the call yet.
Anyone remember when they started zoom auditions? We know a few players have mentioned their zoom during the interview.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

triviawayne wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:25 am
DysonSphere wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:22 pm
Anyone remember when they started zoom auditions? We know a few players have mentioned their zoom during the interview.
Looks like April 2020
idearat
Valued Contributor

Post by idearat »

My timeline is similar to others.
Took the test in January 2020, before it became an "anytime test".
Notified I passed and had a zoom "in-person" test in mid-July 2020.
This week I did the zoom audition with mock gameplay.
My 18 month pool time now goes till 25 Nov 22. That gives me all of this coming season and a bit of the next.
I got the bronze on Jeopardy!
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

idearat wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:44 am My timeline is similar to others.
My 18 month pool time now goes till 25 Nov 22. That gives me all of this coming season and a bit of the next.
Ten months between in person test and mock games is insane.

Was there any kind of communication to let you know you were going to have the mock games? I probably would’ve taken the test again if I heard nothing.
idearat
Valued Contributor

Post by idearat »

triviawayne wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:23 pm

Was there any kind of communication to let you know you were going to have the mock games? I probably would’ve taken the test again if I heard nothing.
I guess it's covid related. The loss of Alex might also have factored in.
After the mid-July results, I heard nothing and replied to the email on October 15th asking if there was anything I'd missed. I received a reply that I should be hearing in a few weeks.
I sent another query on April 21st and got the invite to the audition on May 21st. No telling if those were related at all.

So, while it took longer than I'd expected, they didn't forget about me. And if pushing out my eligibility means that if I make it on my Mom can be in the audience, then it's a good thing.
I got the bronze on Jeopardy!
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

idearat wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:27 pm
triviawayne wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:23 pm

I guess it's covid related. The loss of Alex might also have factored in.
After the mid-July results, I heard nothing and replied to the email on October 15th asking if there was anything I'd missed. I received a reply that I should be hearing in a few weeks.
I sent another query on April 21st and got the invite to the audition on May 21st. No telling if those were related at all.

So, while it took longer than I'd expected, they didn't forget about me. And if pushing out my eligibility means that if I make it on my Mom can be in the audience, then it's a good thing.
That story makes me wonder if they accidentally missed scheduling your mock games.

Congratulations on getting in the pool, and seems like you’re happy for the timeline, so happy for you.
MasterCone
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by MasterCone »

Well, I did indeed receive an email today inviting me to the zoom test audition. The wording in the invitation does not seem to preclude me from participating and reads: "If you have been to an audition where you played a mock version of Jeopardy! within the past 18 months you SHOULD NOT sign up for this audition." I did reply back just to make absolutely sure I am allowed to attend.
mas3cf
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mas3cf »

MasterCone wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:55 pm Well, I did indeed receive an email today inviting me to the zoom test audition. The wording in the invitation does not seem to preclude me from participating and reads: "If you have been to an audition where you played a mock version of Jeopardy! within the past 18 months you SHOULD NOT sign up for this audition." I did reply back just to make absolutely sure I am allowed to attend.
Interesting. Keep us posted if they reply to your reply!
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

mas3cf wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:43 pm
MasterCone wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:55 pm Well, I did indeed receive an email today inviting me to the zoom test audition. The wording in the invitation does not seem to preclude me from participating and reads: "If you have been to an audition where you played a mock version of Jeopardy! within the past 18 months you SHOULD NOT sign up for this audition." I did reply back just to make absolutely sure I am allowed to attend.
Interesting. Keep us posted if they reply to your reply!
In the before times, you pretty much knew what was what when the invites went out for your city. Now, with the anytime test, the invite could come any time, so it's more painful for us hopefuls
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

When did you take the test
MasterCone
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by MasterCone »

triviawayne wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:23 pm
May 4th
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

MasterCone wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:03 pm
triviawayne wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:23 pm
May 4th
My random draw luck continues...that’s about when I took it.
MasterCone
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by MasterCone »

triviawayne wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:50 pm
Possibly still feels better than my random draw extreme luck (have gotten an audition all 3 times I've taken the test now), but continued failure to be appealing at an audition I guess? :lol:
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

MasterCone wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:31 am
triviawayne wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:50 pm
Possibly still feels better than my random draw extreme luck (have gotten an audition all 3 times I've taken the test now), but continued failure to be appealing at an audition I guess? :lol:
If I had that, at least I could maybe do something to change my outcome, not winning a random drawing is nothing I can do.
MasterCone
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by MasterCone »

triviawayne wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:20 pm
If I had that, at least I could maybe do something to change my outcome, not winning a random drawing is nothing I can do.
Very true. I got to the final round of The Chase auditions too a few months back and hoping that I have perhaps learned something from there also to maybe change the outcome this time.

I cannot help but think that my gender may have something to do with the better odds of audition selection.