Learned League 84

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

RJRouge
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Learned League 84

Post by RJRouge »

Bamaman wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:19 pm I am a tightwad and only do the basic membership. But I think a “minor league” private rundle would draw interest from those avoiding it now.
I'm not a tightwad, but I AM still floundering in the job market.
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

LL84 Rundles are posted. Looks like BlishS has ronan'd his way over to A Horizon. Chalk up another 'L' for me...
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

jjwaymee wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:15 pm LL84 Rundles are posted. Looks like BlishS has ronan'd his way over to A Horizon. Chalk up another 'L' for me...
My referrer BurgerM has ronin'd his way into A Keystone, which means after more than 6 years we can finally break that head-to-head tie.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:20 pm
jjwaymee wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:15 pm LL84 Rundles are posted. Looks like BlishS has ronan'd his way over to A Horizon. Chalk up another 'L' for me...
My referrer BurgerM has ronin'd his way into A Keystone, which means after more than 6 years we can finally break that head-to-head tie.
Unless you tie again. :D
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

I'm on the sidelines unless/until I change my mind, but I'm still tickled that all of the letters of the alphabet are now represented as first letters of league names.
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

I'm in C Prairie.....a 38 person rundle. That one may come down to luck of the draw, considering each person will miss 13 players (including themselves). That's more than 1/3 of the rundle!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

ouachiouat wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:38 pm I'm in C Prairie.....a 38 person rundle. That one may come down to luck of the draw, considering each person will miss 13 players (including themselves). That's more than 1/3 of the rundle!
I'm in C Corridor, also a 38 person rundle.

I just checked the career % of all my opponents, and of course they are all higher than mine, but not as bad of a gap when compared to my last few seasons where I've had a good performance increase.

I figure I'm against only 3 or 4 heavy hitters that were probably relegated from B.

This is going to be a tough season for me, I got here with a little luck, but my only real goal now is to not get relegated to D. Losing more than winning will be a bit of a drag, so staying above the cut line will be my excitement for now.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

Yeah, I clicked on the standings and thought the same thing... then clicked on his flag and saw he's facing me on MD1! :shock:
I faced the equally formidable DhuwaliaR in the SF&F minileague and managed a 0(1)-0(1) tie, so you never know.
Hoping for a third lap
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Back in A Taiga somehow. Let's see if I can at least equal my 5 wins the last time I was there before I go back down to B where I belong.
Charis
Contributor

Post by Charis »

I got relegated to E Corridor Div 1. WhelchelC
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

RJRouge wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:28 am
Bamaman wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:19 pm I am a tightwad and only do the basic membership. But I think a “minor league” private rundle would draw interest from those avoiding it now.
I'm not a tightwad, but I AM still floundering in the job market.
I'd call myself a thinwad. I don't think my bills are pressed tighter together than the average.
I'm smart and I want respect.
Bartleby

Post by Bartleby »

I'm still in A Taiga.
boson wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:31 am I set up a private rundle:
rundle name: Jboardom
Thank you for setting this up. This will be my first season participating in a private rundle.
I would prefer not to.
RJRouge

Post by RJRouge »

Also A Taiga.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Friendly reminder that the season starts tomorrow. Or today if you want to do advanced access.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

Bamaman wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:31 pm Friendly reminder that the season starts tomorrow. Or today if you want to do advanced access.
Or if you live in a timezone that's GMT-7 (aka Mountain Time) or further west while still being east of the International Date Line, as the LL day begins at 11PM or earlier in those time zones.
LanceJ
Contributor

Post by LanceJ »

triviawayne wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:16 am
ouachiouat wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:38 pm I'm in C Prairie.....a 38 person rundle. That one may come down to luck of the draw, considering each person will miss 13 players (including themselves). That's more than 1/3 of the rundle!
I'm in C Corridor, also a 38 person rundle.
D Zeph 2 here, was 22 last season lol
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

Taiga D, Div 2, after promotion from E.

Does Cyndi update the roster every new season? I think I don't need to do anything to be current.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Questions are live!!

Good luck!
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by cmp146 »

twelvefootboy wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:47 pm Taiga D, Div 2, after promotion from E.

Does Cyndi update the roster every new season? I think I don't need to do anything to be current.
Yup, and I did post it a couple days ago on the first page of this discussion thread. :-) However, it is an excel spreadsheet and I do vlookups from my database to the LL .csv file and then a data pivot freshly each time. I can get it done in about 10 minutes since I have it mostly automated. You are in there, so you are good to go!

If you are reading this and I don't have you listed, it's because I don't have your LL name. PM me your details if you would like to be there. If you just give your rundle and division I will update you for this season.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

cmp146 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:53 am
twelvefootboy wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:47 pm Taiga D, Div 2, after promotion from E.

Yup, and I did post it a couple days ago on the first page of this discussion thread. :-) However, it is an excel spreadsheet and I do vlookups from my database to the LL .csv file and then a data pivot freshly each time. I can get it done in about 10 minutes since I have it mostly automated. You are in there, so you are good to go!

If you are reading this and I don't have you listed, it's because I don't have your LL name. PM me your details if you would like to be there. If you just give your rundle and division I will update you for this season.
:oops: . I promise I looked back up the thread before posting. If I was smart enough to know I was on page 2 I might be able to stay in D rundle. Thanks for your clerical savvy and do-goodness! I love vlookup, but having to alphabetize the index column has ruined many a spreadsheet for me, as well as having unintentional blank rows or columns :lol:.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.