RIP HQ Trivia

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

teapot37
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: RIP HQ Trivia

Post by teapot37 »

Originally they had a lot of advertising and sponsored games. I think they were hoping that people paying for lives and coins would pay for the jackpots, but that proved to not be the case.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

Looks like Rus got on Twitter this morning and suddenly found a new home/buyer for HQ. Call me skeptical. He asked for suggestions going forward. I'm sure "find a new CEO" is on the top of the list.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

talkingaway wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:09 pm Looks like Rus got on Twitter this morning and suddenly found a new home/buyer for HQ. Call me skeptical. He asked for suggestions going forward. I'm sure "find a new CEO" is on the top of the list.
I'd say "Find a sustainable business model that doesn't require constant investor cash" as #1 (which could, and probably should, include new CxO leadership...)
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
BobF

Post by BobF »

Bamaman wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:59 am I never understood their business model. How did they pay for those prizes?
They got $15 million startup funding from investors who saw its potential. If they had followed KISS (keep it simple stupid) and kept the 12 question format they would probably have lasted longer. At least through the weekend.
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!