The Jeopardy! Anytime Test

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Re: The Jeopardy! Anytime Test

Post by triviawayne »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:28 pm
John Boy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:06 pm Is this test now no longer being administered? Meaning they will now proceed to another Anytime Test with different clues?

If so does that mean we are free to discuss these clues and the correct responses? And if so I hope someone has the information logged and ready to post, with my deep thanks in advance. It would still be lovely to check my responses to see if I scored what I think I scored.
It was a different test for everyone, pulled from a database of questions. I still think discussing them publicly is a bad idea, even once the thing is done.
Why would that be different from posting the entire tests of the regular online auditions once they were done and over with?
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

triviawayne wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:14 pm
John Boy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:06 pm Is this test now no longer being administered? Meaning they will now proceed to another Anytime Test with different clues?

If so does that mean we are free to discuss these clues and the correct responses? And if so I hope someone has the information logged and ready to post, with my deep thanks in advance. It would still be lovely to check my responses to see if I scored what I think I scored.
It was a different test for everyone, pulled from a database of questions. I still think discussing them publicly is a bad idea, even once the thing is done.
Why would that be different from posting the entire tests of the regular online auditions once they were done and over with?
Finding the clues to Tuesday's test on Wednesday does not help you except showing what you won't get (which, statistically, is negligible).

Finding the clues to an anytime test on Tuesday CAN help you if you take it Wednesday because you could get the same clues. And with enough people releasing anytime clues, you could compile the whole database.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
DysonSphere
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by DysonSphere »

The fact that there are no videos of the Anytime Test anywhere online suggests Jeopardy doesn't allow it. My personal opinion is we should respect that unless someone from the show explicitly says it's okay. I do have my test saved, in case we get the OK.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

DysonSphere wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:57 am The fact that there are no videos of the Anytime Test anywhere online suggests Jeopardy doesn't allow it. My personal opinion is we should respect that unless someone from the show explicitly says it's okay. I do have my test saved, in case we get the OK.
I think it only suggests that nobody has actually done it. With everyone getting "different" tests, that would be a good reason why nobody has done it.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Volante wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:10 pm
triviawayne wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:14 pm

Finding the clues to Tuesday's test on Wednesday does not help you except showing what you won't get (which, statistically, is negligible).

Finding the clues to an anytime test on Tuesday CAN help you if you take it Wednesday because you could get the same clues. And with enough people releasing anytime clues, you could compile the whole database.
Doesn't matter once the test is closed.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

DysonSphere wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:28 pm UPDATE: Test says "unavailable" on the homepage for some reason, but it still allows you to register and take it at this time. I took it today (4/26) successfully.
triviawayne wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:26 am Doesn't matter once the test is closed.
Doesn't sound like the test is closed
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
ParrotRob
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by ParrotRob »

Volante wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:27 am
DysonSphere wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:28 pm UPDATE: Test says "unavailable" on the homepage for some reason, but it still allows you to register and take it at this time. I took it today (4/26) successfully.
triviawayne wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:26 am Doesn't matter once the test is closed.
Just took it, literally 5 minutes ago.
--
Drowning in the pool
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

ParrotRob wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:38 am
Volante wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:27 am
Just took it, literally 5 minutes ago.

I didn't say it was, my original comment was regarding a comment that stated about when it is closed.