TD 441 - Vermont (Final Standings)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

threearruda
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

TD 441 - Vermont (Final Standings)

Post by threearruda »

Hi everyone and welcome to my fourth TD game. There have been a few TDs with individual states as the names in recent memory - Ohio, Iowa, etc. but I do not believe that “Vermont” has been done before. Even if it has, however, I want to celebrate my former home state and one of the 50 best states in the union. Let’s play!

Traditional TD rules apply here:
1.) Answer one question in each set you think others will not. Your total for that question corresponds to the number of people who answer the same question you do. Like a round of golf, the lowest cumulative score including bonuses will be the winner.
2.) One drop and one sheep are available for you to use, if needed. There are no bonuses for answering all questions.
3.) Incorrect responses will add five (5) points on top of the sheep’s total.

*After some issues in my previous TDs, I’m modifying my stance on spelling. If a response is misspelled but I can still identify what you’re going for, I’ll count it.
* The bonus round is free of penalty for incorrect guesses so take a stab! (I enjoy sharing the best/funniest wrong answers, so just be wary of what you write).
* If you find something incorrect or malfunctioning, please feel free to shoot me a PM or reply in the thread and I will do all I can to make a fix in a timely manner.

* Submit responses via this form or by private message no later than (roughly) Tuesday, March 10 at 2:59 a.m. EST (Monday at midnight for you folks on the west coast). Reveal starts early Tuesday morning; there might be a three-hour window between the time I just listed and the reveal start.

Have fun and good luck! Let’s play!

1.) Green Mountains
Vermont is the Green Mountain State. Here’s a photo gallery of Green things. Identify one.

2.) Presidential Pride

Vermont has been the home state for two United States presidents, Chester Arthur and Calvin Coolidge. Coolidge is a local ... “hero” (I guess) where I’m from. I lived in his hometown of Plymouth for a few years, about five minutes away from the Coolidge homestead. Cal also attended what was the precursor to my high school in the next town over, then known as the BR Academy; the current iteration of the high school opened around 1940 in a new building and is closing for good in June 2020. The high school’s sports teams became known as the “Presidents,” in his honor. Beef up on these United States presidential trivia facts.
  • Truman lived in this building while the White House was under repair
  • This was Bill Clinton’s last name at birth
  • The only president born in New Hampshire, he was able to deliver long addresses without notes
  • The only bachelor president, Buchanan defeated this first Republican presidential candidate in 1856
  • This president was killed by anarchist Leon Czolgosz
  • The most recent president to be elected without having any prior political experience
  • During the War of 1812, this first lady famously saved Gilbert Stuart’s portrait of George Washington
  • Born in Shoreham, Vermont, Levi P. Morton was whose vice president?
  • He issued the Emancipation Proclamation
  • Longtime rivals, Adams and Jefferson both died on which holiday in 1826?

3.) Winter sports and Olympic Excellence

Winter sports are popular among "flatlanders" who travel to our various mountain resorts in the winter - I lived in a ski town for a few years but never was interested in those activities. Vermont has groomed several Olympic talents, including skiing and boarding medalists in Hannah Teter (from Belmont and attended Okemo Mountain School), Lindsey Jacobellis (Stratton Mountain), and Mikaela Shiffrin (Burke Mountain School).
Given the Olympian (summer and winter athletes are on the list), name their sport.
  • Picabo Street
  • Torah Bright
  • former football players Sam McGuffie & Herschel Walker (...almost)
  • Chad le Clos
  • Aly Raisman
  • Sidney Crosby
  • Bonnie Blair
  • Roy Oswalt
  • Serena Williams
  • Shelley Fraser-Pryce
  • Michael Jordan
4.) Maple Syrup Scramble

In Vermont, we have four seasons: Mud, ski, hunting and sugaring. Maple syrup and its production are pastimes of many a hearty Vermonter each winter-spring. I have jumbled up the names of various types of trees. Unscramble one!
  • rbchi
  • lnawut
  • peurcs
  • yhercr
  • asrsfasas
  • ramycseo
  • qieasou
  • oridlasfgu
  • emhockl
  • toncodwoto
  • yabnna

5.) Montpelier

It’s a sort of well-known fact that Montpelier, our state’s capital, is the only one without a McDonald’s - the closest one is just outside city limits. Given a notable menu item, identify the major restaurant chain where you can (or could have, in some cases) purchase that item.
  • 10 pc. Chicken McNuggets
  • Frosty
  • Smoky Mountain Barbeque (Chicken)
  • Gordita Supreme
  • MeatZZa
  • Italian BMT
  • Blizzard
  • All-American Roastburger
  • Louisiana Rub Chicken
  • Double-Double
  • Beyond Avocado Taco

6.) Covered Bridges and Your Neighbors

The uniqueness of Vermont is espoused in detail in the SNL Neo-Confederate skit from a few years ago. They discuss at length the good things about Vermont, among them your neighbors waving hello from porches, farmer's markets, dogs with bandannas, and covered bridges, all of which are true statements. Vermont is also the only landlocked nation of the six New England states - you get to know your neighbors rather well. There are two sets of five questions; choose one landlocked nation from the following list and identify their neighbor with the largest land area, or answer a question about bridges.
  • Bolivia
  • Lesotho
  • San Marino
  • Liechtenstein
  • Moldova
  • The Tappan Zee bridge is officially named after which former New York governor, as of 2017?
  • Until the mid 2000s, the Cornish-Windsor Bridge was the longest covered bridge in the United States. Windsor is in Vermont. What state is Cornish in?
  • This type of bridge features support triangles
  • The Ponte Vecchio can be found in which nation?
  • This 801-foot bridge famously spans the Thames

7.) Springfield

Artists of various kinds live all throughout the state. Springfield, VT won a film contest explaining why they should host the American premiere of the Simpsons Movie in 2007, and this was a pretty big deal throughout the region at the time. If I think hard enough I can still see that large statue of Homer grabbing a donut in the theater's window - I do not know if it's still there. Identify one of these famous people who have appeared on The Simpsons.
  • Stone Poneys singer and “Plow King” spokeswoman
  • 74-time Jeopardy champion and robot teacher
  • MLB pitching legend and hypnotized chicken
  • “Walk this Way” singers and Flaming Moe’s performers
  • “You’ve Got A Friend” singer and Space Shuttle assistant
  • Luke Skywalker, sci-fi convention star and impromptu Sprint spokesperson
  • Recently deceased comic creator; “Broke, or made it better?”
  • Primatologist and Pennsylvania Ape Reserve worker
  • Recently deceased theoretical physicist and cosmologist, “280 IQ” guy and Donut Shaped Universe Believer
  • “Radical Chic” writer and Vermont poetry festival attendee

8.) Champ the Lake Monster

Champ is an urban legend associated with Lake Champlain, just don't tell my boss he's fake. Baseball's single-A short season Vermont Lake Monsters (affiliated with the Oakland Athletics) take their name from this myth. I had the good fortune of seeing a young Addison Russell play for the Lake Monsters shortly after he was drafted in 2012, and the Lake Monsters have a beautiful home in Centennial Field. Answer a question about other famous hoaxes, fakers, pranksters and tall tales.
  • A recent CNN article posited if this famous Loch’s monster was actually an eel
  • Manti Te’o, inspired by the death of fake girlfriend Lennay Kekua, keyed an undefeated 2012 regular season for this college’s football team
  • In 1912, Charles Dawson claimed he had discovered what he thought to be the missing link between man and ape, eventually leading to the hoax of this “man”
  • Sidd Finch was a french-horn playing flamethrower for this Big Apple baseball team.. until he wasn’t
  • This man of myth was accompanied by his blue ox, Babe
  • His “The War of the Worlds” broadcast in 1938 caused mass panic
  • Clifford Irving is well known for writing a fake autobiography on this reclusive tycoon
  • A 1998 April Fool’s Day prank by this fast food chain advertised a specially designed Left-Handed Whopper
  • A late-season episode of this sitcom finds D.J. Tanner and her senior class lifting their principal’s car on the school’s roof
  • Moltres, Zapdos and Darkrai are among the group of “legendary” characters in this card game and anime; they figure prominently into the universe’s origins and myths
  • The nationally syndicated Elvis Duran and the Morning Show has become famous for its daily prank call segments with this name

9.) Fall Fun

Vermont is well known for its foliage and various fall festivals. Pumpkins, leaves, corn mazes, scarecrows, hay rides, high school soccer and football. Exciting stuff! This is also an excuse for me to say that cold apple cider is awesome.

Name a variety of apple.

10. Vermont history

Vermont history and geography was a focal point of my 3rd and 4th grade social studies classes. Answer a question about the state’s history, culture and famous people.
  • Can you hear this politician “scream”ing in 2004?
  • This famous medical test patient survived a large iron rod being driven through his head in a freak railroad construction accident near the town of Cavendish
  • In 1609, this French explorer found a lake soon to be named after him and claimed Vermont as part of New France
  • High school teams in Divisions II, III, and IV play their basketball state championship games at the famous Auditorium in this city, the self-proclaimed Granite Center of the World
  • Ethan Allen is most closely associated with this group that he led around the time of the American Revolution
  • Cohen and Greenfield went into the ice cream business using these first names of theirs
  • The first check from this federal program was issued to Vermont resident Ida Fuller in 1940
  • T.J. Sorentine’s three-pointer (from the Parking Lot!) helped the UVM men's basketball team to the program’s first NCAA Tournament win in 2005, defeating this former Big East and current ACC team
  • After Jason Aldean made a ton of money in 2009 singing about a big green tractor, he better have thanked this 19th century Vermont man, whose green tractors are still popular today
  • Vermont’s state fair is held in this city

BONUS: Scrap Heap and Bonuses

Here’s a sampler of questions that did not make the cut and bonuses that I had originally scattered throughout the quiz. Answer as many of these extras as you can; -1 per correct response, -9 for sweeping the set. No penalties for incorrect guesses.
  • This author invented snow golf, painting his balls red so he could see them on the snow covered-courses of Vermont
  • A UVM alumnus wrote this 1997 short story that was later adapted into a 21st century Best Picture nominated film about Wyoming sheep herders
  • I’ve long thought that the first step toward learnding… er.. learning, is admitting that you know nothing. That said, who is my favorite Simpsons character?
  • What’s Vermont’s capital city?
  • Who is my favorite president? (Hint, review the question intros. Don’t overthink it LOL.)
  • Liechtenstein and what Asian nation are the only two that are double landlocked?
  • This Saturday Evening Post illustrator drew inspiration from his time in Arlington, Vermont
Last edited by threearruda on Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:33 am, edited 9 times in total.
J! S39 - 1/27-2/1. '24 ToC ???

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
threearruda

Re: TD 441 - Vermont

Post by threearruda »

Entrants:
Gamawire
clt013
Ironhorse
1stlvlthinker
Rackme32

ihavejeoprosy
Flealick
Saturnalia
shambolic
Shaquebanisa

MarkBarrett
gwallace2
morbeedo
RougeGod
twelvefootboy

ElendilPickle
xabe
ParrotRob
Vermonter
MattKnowles

merica
SenseiCAY
floridagator
True North
Peachbox

AFRET CMS
econgator
Woof
heppm01
Steppenwolf

squarekara
cthulhu
Last edited by threearruda on Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

Bump, this got pushed down page one very quickly.

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Thanks for hosting! Did you mean to include letters in your bulleted lists, and are the missing letters required on the answer form?
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:43 pm Thanks for hosting! Did you mean to include letters in your bulleted lists, and are the missing letters required on the answer form?
Thank you for playing! The bullets are just to keep the list organized, no letters are required this time.

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

threearruda wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:55 pm
morbeedo wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:43 pm Thanks for hosting! Did you mean to include letters in your bulleted lists, and are the missing letters required on the answer form?
Thank you for playing! The bullets are just to keep the list organized, no letters are required this time.
It's not exactly clear from the icons, but to create a bulleted list you need to surround your *'ed list with [list tags.

For example, look at the underlying code that generates this:
  • The only president born in New Hampshire, he was able to deliver long addresses without notes
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

RandyG wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:51 pm
threearruda wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:55 pm
It's not exactly clear from the icons, but to create a bulleted list you need to surround your *'ed list with [list tags.

For example, look at the underlying code that generates this:
Updated the formatting and thanks for the refresher. For some reason I neglected to review my previous games/threads where I actually had the markup code correct. :lol:

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

Friday bump. Entry list updated, there's still a few more days to join in!

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

One final bump. You have a little over a day to join in before the reveal begins on Tuesday!

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
threearruda

Re: TD 441 - Vermont (Q1-2)

Post by threearruda »

1.) Green Mountains
Vermont is the Green Mountain State. Here’s a photo gallery of Green things. Identify one.

Answers (from left):

Top Row: Cee Lo Green, The Incredible Hulk, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Oscar the Grouch
Middle Row: Watercress, Yoshi, Draymond Green, Chicago River (on St. Patrick’s Day)
Bottom Row: Emerald, Mint Choc. Chip Ice Cream (Pistachio/Matcha acceptable, see note)*, Mike Wazowski, Jolly Green Giant

* I had initially wanted mint chocolate chip for the ice cream, but I decided after seeing responses that I used a poor photo. As a result, I decided to accept alternate responses (in this case, Pistachio and/or Matcha).

Upcoming St. Patrick’s Day festivities must have weighed heavily on some of your minds in choosing the Co-Sheep...

Chicago River - 5 - (Co-Sheep!)
1stlvlthinker
Saturnalia
shambolic
ParrotRob
merica

Jolly Green Giant - 5 (Co-Sheep!)
Gamawire
floridagator
AFRET CMS
heppm01
Steppenwolf

Yoshi - 5 (Co-Sheep!)
clt013
RougeGod
MattKnowles
squarekara
cthulhu

Oscar The Grouch - 3
Flealick
xabe
econgator

Cee Lo Green - 3
Ironhorse
gwallace2
ElendilPickle

Draymond Green - 3
Rackme32
SenseiCAY
Peachbox

The Very Hungry Caterpillar - 2
Vermonter
Woof

Mike Wazowski - 2
Shaquebanisa
True North

Emerald - SINGLETON!
twelvefootboy

Incredible Hulk - SINGLETON!
MarkBarrett

Watercress - SINGLETON!
morbeedo

Mint Choc. Chip Ice Cream (Pistachio/Matcha) - SINGLETON!
ihavejeoprosy

No Incorrect, Drop or Unused

2.) Presidential Pride

Vermont has been the home state for two United States presidents, Chester Arthur and Calvin Coolidge. Coolidge is a local ... “hero” (I guess) where I’m from. I lived in his hometown of Plymouth for a few years, about five minutes away from the Coolidge homestead. Cal also attended what was the precursor to my high school in the next town over, then known as the BR Academy; the current iteration of the high school opened around 1940 in a new building and is closing for good in June 2020. The high school’s sports teams became known as the “Presidents,” in his honor. Beef up on these United States presidential trivia facts.
  • Truman lived in this building while the White House was under repair (Blair House)
  • This was Bill Clinton’s last name at birth (Blythe)
  • The only president born in New Hampshire, he was able to deliver long addresses without notes (Franklin Pierce)
  • The only bachelor president, Buchanan defeated this first Republican presidential candidate in 1856 (John C. Fremont)
  • This president was killed by anarchist Leon Czolgosz (William McKinley)
  • The most recent president to be elected without having any prior political experience (Donald Trump)
  • During the War of 1812, this first lady famously saved Gilbert Stuart’s portrait of George Washington (Dolley Madison)
  • Born in Shoreham, Vermont, Levi P. Morton was whose vice president? (Benjamin Harrison)
  • He issued the Emancipation Proclamation (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Longtime rivals, Adams and Jefferson both died on which holiday in 1826? (July 4/Independence Day)
Hey, I’d pick someone who heroically saved artwork too… meanwhile, a presidential candidate I wrote a paper on last year gets a singleton.

Dolley Madison - 6 (Sheep!)
MarkBarrett
shambolic
clt013
RougeGod
MattKnowles
Woof

Donald Trump - 5
Ironhorse
gwallace2
SenseiCAY
heppm01
squarekara

Abraham Lincoln - 4
twelvefootboy
Gamawire
Flealick
morbeedo

Independence Day/July 4th - 4
merica
Vermonter
1stlvlthinker
Steppenwolf

William McKinley - 3
ElendilPickle
Rackme32
cthulhu

Benjamin Harrison - 3
ParrotRob
floridagator
xabe

Blair House - 2
Saturnalia
AFRET CMS

Blythe - 2
True North
econgator

Franklin Pierce - 2
Shaquebanisa
ihavejeoprosy

John C. Fremont - SINGLETON!
Peachbox

No Incorrect, Drop or Unused

Standings After Question 2

1. ihavejeoprosy - 3
T-2. Shaquebanisa - 4
True North - 4
Peachbox - 4
T-5. econgator - 5
morbeedo - 5
twelvefootboy - 5
T-8. ElendilPickle - 6
Rackme32 - 6
xabe - 6
Vermonter - 6

T-12. Saturnalia - 7
AFRET CMS - 7
MarkBarrett - 7
Flealick - 7
T-16. ParrotRob - 8
floridagator - 8
gwallace2 - 8
SenseiCAY - 8
Ironhorse - 8
Woof - 8
cthulhu -8

T-23. 1stlvlthinker - 9
Gamawire - 9
merica - 9
Steppenwolf - 9
T-27. heppm01 - 10
squarekara - 10
T-29. shambolic - 11
MattKnowles - 11
RougeGod - 11
clt013 - 11

We’re off to a clean start here with no drops or incorrect responses from anyone thus far. Out to an early lead is ihavejeoprosy, followed closely by a trio tied for second. See you tomorrow for Olympic athletes and mangled trees!

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: TD 441 - Vermont (Q1-Q2 Revealed)

Post by Bamaman »

I wonder if anyone got the Truman question right in LL yesterday from reading Q2.
SenseiCAY
Jeopardy Participant

Post by SenseiCAY »

Bamaman wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:27 am I wonder if anyone got the Truman question right in LL yesterday from reading Q2.
Sort of? I was more sure because of having read Q2 when this was put up last week. That said, it's likely I would've guessed Truman regardless because...who else?
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

SenseiCAY wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 am
Bamaman wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:27 am I wonder if anyone got the Truman question right in LL yesterday from reading Q2.
Sort of? I was more sure because of having read Q2 when this was put up last week. That said, it's likely I would've guessed Truman regardless because...who else?
This fact also came up on Jeopardy! recently
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:46 am
SenseiCAY wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 am
This fact also came up on Jeopardy! recently
I used this newfound knowledge about Truman to 1) get it right myself in my MD14, 2) defend it at zero with classicroadster in the private rundle (as did he), and 3) gave it a 1 for my LL opponent. The perfect plan except that my LL opponent with his 17-65 track record in Art got that ridiculously hard Art question (16% leaguewide) and 3 points.

But I digress - thanks for the knowledge oh TD Master! As our only Missouri President, I should have known this. It seems weird that Jackie Kennedy had to have yet another remodel/do-over just ten years later? I live in an old restored house and know the money pit syndrome :lol:
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
floridagator

Post by floridagator »

The White House was completely renovated under Truman. It was basically they gutted the whole building and then built a new White House inside it. They were very faithful to the original design. Under John Kennedy, some minor remodeling was done, the way most presidents do. He added a library and hired some PR man to stock it.

I believe under Nixon the basement bowling alley was taken out and replaced by a Press Room. Or was that the indoor basement swimming pool? Reagan added an exercise room. Clinton made it possible for more people to spend the night in the Lincoln bedroom.
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

floridagator wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:16 pm The White House was completely renovated under Truman. It was basically they gutted the whole building and then built a new White House inside it. They were very faithful to the original design. Under John Kennedy, some minor remodeling was done, the way most presidents do. He added a library and hired some PR man to stock it.

I believe under Nixon the basement bowling alley was taken out and replaced by a Press Room. Or was that the indoor basement swimming pool? Reagan added an exercise room. Clinton made it possible for more people to spend the night in the Lincoln bedroom.
Bowling alley is apparently still there; despite saying he'd replace it with a basketball court, seems Obama couldn't follow through.
And the press room is on top of the swimming pool (it's still possible to go into the (obviously, drained) pool proper, but it's not part of the tour).

And the interior photos of the White House renovation are probably some of my favorite in existence...
https://www.whitehousehistory.org/galle ... demolition

They didn't "basically" gut it, they inverse skinned it: taking the guts, bones AND muscles out...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
threearruda

Re: TD 441 - Vermont (Q3-Q4 Revealed)

Post by threearruda »

3.) Winter sports and Olympic Excellence

Winter sports are popular among "flatlanders" who travel to our various mountain resorts in the winter - I lived in a ski town for a few years but never was interested in those activities. Vermont has groomed several Olympic talents, including skiing and boarding medalists in Hannah Teter (from Belmont and attended Okemo Mountain School), Lindsey Jacobellis (Stratton Mountain), and Mikaela Shiffrin (Burke Mountain School).
Given the Olympian (summer and winter athletes are on the list), name their sport.
  • Picabo Street (Skiing)
  • Torah Bright (snowboarding) - defeated Teter for Gold in 2010 Halfpipe Finals
  • former football players Sam McGuffie & Herschel Walker (...almost) (bobsled)
  • Chad le Clos (swimming) - infamously shadowboxed as unamused Michael Phelps looked on
  • Aly Raisman (gymnastics)
  • Sidney Crosby (ice hockey)
  • Bonnie Blair (speed skating)
  • Roy Oswalt (baseball)
  • Serena Williams (tennis)
  • Shelley Fraser-Pryce (track and field)
  • Michael Jordan (basketball)
I count a slight majority for the winter athletes in total responses, but the speed skater draws the sheep...

Incorrect Responses - 15
ihavejeoprosy - (Rugby)

Speed Skating - 10 (SHEEP!)
Saturnalia
MattKnowles
1stlvlthinker
Gamawire
morbeedo
ElendilPickle
gwallace2
heppm01
squarekara
cthulhu

Baseball - 5
ParrotRob
Ironhorse
AFRET CMS
econgator
Woof

Tennis - 3
MarkBarrett
Flealick
twelvefootboy

Basketball - 2
True North
Steppenwolf

Bobsled - 2
SenseiCAY
Rackme32

Gymnastics - 2
shambolic
Vermonter

Ice Hockey - 2
RougeGod
xabe

Swimming - SINGLETON!
Peachbox

Track and Field - SINGLETON!
merica

(Alpine) Skiing - SINGLETON!
clt013

Drop - 0
floridagator
Shaquebanisa

Unused
Snowboarding

4.) Maple Syrup Scramble

In Vermont, we have four seasons: Mud, ski, hunting and sugaring. Maple syrup and its production are pastimes of many a hearty Vermonter each winter-spring. I have jumbled up the names of various types of trees. Unscramble one!
  • rbchi (Birch)
  • lnawut (Walnut)
  • peurcs (Spruce)
  • yhercr (Cherry)
  • asrsfasas (Sassafras)
  • ramycseo (Sycamore)
  • qieasou (Sequoia)
  • oridlasfgu (Douglas Fir)
  • emhockl (Hemlock)
  • toncodwoto (Cottonwood)
  • yabnna (Banyan)

Sycamore - 8 - (SHEEP!)
clt013
Ironhorse
True North
floridagator
Vermonter
AFRET CMS
Woof
squarekara

Hemlock - 5
ihavejeoprosy
RougeGod
shambolic
gwallace2
Flealick

Cottonwood - 5
ParrotRob
xabe
Gamawire
morbeedo
ElendilPickle

Spruce - 4
merica
Rackme32
Shaquebanisa
twelvefootboy

Banyan - 3
SenseiCAY
econgator
Steppenwolf

Sequoia - 2
MarkBarrett
heppm01

Birch - 2
MattKnowles
1stlvlthinker

Sassafras - 2
Saturnalia
cthulhu

Walnut - SINGLETON!
Peachbox

No Incorrect or Drops

UNUSED
Douglas Fir
Cherry

Standings After Question 4

1. Peachbox - 6 (+1)
2. Shaquebanisa - 8 (--)
T-3. twelvefootboy - 12 (+2)
T-3. Rackme32 - 12 (+5)
T-3. MarkBarrett - 12 (+9)
T-6. econgator - 13 (-1)
T-6. xabe - 13 (+2)
T-6. SenseiCAY - 13 (+13)
T-9. True North - 14 (-7)
T-9. merica - 14 (+14)
T-9. Steppenwolf - 14 (+14)

12. Flealick - 15 (--)
T-13. Vermonter - 16 (-5)
T-13. floridagator - 16 (+6)
T-15. ParrotRob - 18 (+4)
T-15. shambolic - 18 (+14)
T-15. RougeGod - 18 (+14)
18. Saturnalia - 19 (-6)
T-19. AFRET CMS - 20 (-7)
T-19. clt013 - 20 (+10)
T-19. morbeedo - 20 (-14)
T-19. cthulhu - 20 (--)

T-23. Ironhorse - 21 (-4)
T-23. Woof - 21 (-4)
T-23. 1stlvlthinker - 21 (--)
T-23. ElendilPickle - 21 (-15)
27. heppm01 - 22 (--)
T-28. ihavejeoprosy - 23 (-27)
T-28. MattKnowles - 23 (+1)
T-28. gwallace2 - 23 (-9)
31. Gamawire - 24 (-8)
32. squarekara - 28 (-5)

*everyone still has a drop except for floridagator and Shaquebanisa.

Yesterday's leader ihavejeoprosy submits an incorrect response and falls from the top to the bottom, while Peachbox uses two singletons to leap into the lead. Shaquebanisa sits in second close behind, and the race heats up behind them. See you tomorrow for fast food, land borders and bridges!

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

I qualified to compete in the new Speed Sheeping event in the next Olympics! See you in Tokyo!
gamawire
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by gamawire »

squarekara wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:29 am I qualified to compete in the new Speed Sheeping event in the next Olympics! See you in Tokyo!
I am ready for the competition - bring it on!
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

gamawire wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:47 am
squarekara wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:29 am I qualified to compete in the new Speed Sheeping event in the next Olympics! See you in Tokyo!
I am ready for the competition - bring it on!
Oooooooh we absolutely need to have a TD consisting solely of recycled sheep questions. (clt013, do you hear me? I will gladly do it if you do not LOL).

5x TD champ - 7x TD host