Tuesday, March 17, 2020 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Re: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by seaborgium »

"Reunification" made me think of two countries becoming one, which, in retrospect, I think the writers were trying to avoid evoking by phrasing it "a 1997 reunification" (instead of "its"). 1997 was too late for Germany, so I said Yemen (which, I suppose, was a unification, with no "re," and basically occurred while Germany was reunifying).
earendel
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by earendel »

For what it's worth, 1997 led me to China right away; the "one country, two systems" only confirmed my answer.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."
mas3cf

Post by mas3cf »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:56 am I can't be the only one who had Cyprus for FJ?
Me too. 1997 didn't sit right with me, but "one country, two systems" led me directly there and I couldn't get it out of my head to think of other options.
Philliesfan02
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Philliesfan02 »

An even more unusual game for me than normal.
Had only 8 R in the first round, though I did get the LT of the University of Virginia.

Despite this, I did very well in DJ!, with 15 R (though I matched Kris's response of Portugal).

Overall, went 3/5 in That's Old School and & Then What Happened? and 4/5 in Medicine Men and Characters In Moby-Dick, despite me never have read the book before. 3/4 in Animal Phrases as well. Total Value of my 23 R was $18,600.

Was feeling good about the category for FJ!, but I proceeded too confidently instamiss with Bosnia & Herzegovina. :oops:
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

55 R (Missed the Bottom Two in Alliterative Actresses.)
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
LT: University of Virginia, David Lee Roth, Bowling, Singapore Sling, (Christiaan Barnard), *Portuguese*

I will admit that the only reason I knew Jared Kushner was because on an episode of Project Runway, a contestant make a rude remark on the week he was eliminated by saying "Not even at dinner with the Kushner's?" after having his outfit rejected. My Mom then explained to me who the Kushner's are.
Douglas Squasoni
cthulhu

Post by cthulhu »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:48 pm 55 R (Missed the Bottom Two in Alliterative Actresses.)
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
LT: University of Virginia, David Lee Roth, Bowling, Singapore Sling, (Christiaan Barnard), *Portuguese*

I will admit that the only reason I knew Jared Kushner was because on an episode of Project Runway, a contestant make a rude remark on the week he was eliminated by saying "Not even at dinner with the Kushner's?" after having his outfit rejected. My Mom then explained to me who the Kushner's are.
And the reason the remark was so rude is that the host of Project Runway, supermodel Karlie Kloss, is married to Jared Kushner’s brother. Regardless of one’s political leanings, it was a low blow.
DBear
Denier of Pop Culture

Post by DBear »

One Country, Two Systems was Pavlov for China to me. :mrgreen: