FJ! for the 5/4/20 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

How did the 5/4/20 week go?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:50 pm

THE 2000 OLYMPICS: She's the first female track & field athlete to win medals in 5 different events at a single Olympics 
43%
I was correct on the Olympics clue the first time (whenever that was) I played it.
22%
I missed the Olympics clue the first time I played it, but got it right this week.
12%
I was correct on the Olympics clue the first time I played it while I managed to miss it this week.
2%
I watched all five rerun shows this week.
18%
I watched only the Ken Jennings original appearance episode.
43%
I watched none of the five rerun shows this week.
20%
I watched bits and pieces, here and there, of the five rerun shows this week.
14%
I am aware there is a new Teachers Tournament that has been taped but yet to air this season.
88%
I am aware there are two weeks of regular play recorded without an audience and yet to air this season.
90%
I did not realize there are still four weeks of new shows that have not aired yet.
12%

Total votes: 49

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

FJ! for the 5/4/20 week

Post by MarkBarrett »

THE 2000 OLYMPICS: She's the first female track & field athlete to win medals in 5 different events at a single Olympics

Correct response in spoiler box:
Spoiler
(Marion) Jones
MarkBarrett

Re: FJ! for the 5/4/20 week

Post by MarkBarrett »

:mrgreen: then and now

Watched bit and pieces
Aware of 20 eps. not seen yet

Poll from January about GOAT FJ! clues if you need to vote: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5524&p=324536
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Certainly got Ken's FJ correct now. No clue if I got it then.

Ken's first was the only one I watched (and I'll watch his last, too).

Am aware of the 20 new episodes.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Didn't get the Final Jeopardy! clue the first time. Remembered the answer, but I am not counting it since I originally didn't get it and still wouldn't have gotten it if I saw it for the first time today.
Douglas Squasoni
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Spoiled on FJ; I think I was spoiled on the response before I ever knew the clue, so left it blank.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I didn’t see KJ1 when it first ran. I think I probably would have gotten it then.

I did watch Monday just to see Ken in his first game. I have watched it on YouTube before. I had the TV on Tuesday but didn’t pay close attention. I didn’t even turn on the channel the other days.

I am aware we still have the TT and no audience games.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Watched the KJ rerun. Don't recall if I saw it the first time around or ever. Don't know if I'd have gotten this FJ back then. Don't know if I'd have gotten it now or at any point in between if KJ hadn't turned out to be KJ. But as it is, I've read Brainiac and discussed Ken's first game here and elsewhere and know this FJ from that. So when I checked the box above next to that clue, I was really checking a box that said I got the following clue correct: "This was the correct response to the Final Jeopardy clue in Ken Jennings' first game".

I'll be watching the GOAT tourney starting Monday since I haven't seen those games yet. I do know the outcome. Was spoiled here as well as elsewhere.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

I said Florence Griffith-Joyner this time, but have no clue what I answered in 2004. I would have certainly been much more likely to have gotten it then (especially considering Flo-Jo died in 1998!).
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

:mrgreen:

Hooray! Box of Glory!! But my avatar and screen name suggest a passing familiarity with the sport :).

I sure didn't see the original airing and already commented on how FAST everybody played. I don't even know what has aired on the other days, but am not interested in any Jeopardy James reruns.

I do know the general details of the remaining inventory of shows.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
Leander

Post by Leander »

Only watched Monday's show, although I did happen to see FJ on Wednesday.

Answered Florence Griffith Joyner to put something down, do not remember seeing the show the first time it aired.

I am aware of the upcoming new shows (from reading the board).
DBear
Denier of Pop Culture

Post by DBear »

Hit & miss on the shows this week. :|
Thanks to y'all I know about the TT & the two weeks w/no studio audience still to air. :D
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Post by Rackme32 »

I saw all five shows this week.

Am aware of the episodes "in the can".

Couldn't answer the first one about Marion Jones because I just don't remember how I did the first time it was on. I am a sports fan and was even more so back then, and her name would be fresher in the mind of a sports fan when this J! first aired... But I can't say with certainty whether I was successful on this clue back then or not.

All I can say is that I missed it this time...