TD 445 - Prime Time [Final results]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

floridagator
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: TD 445 - Prime Time [Q1-Q10 revealed]

Post by floridagator »

I seem to have fallen into a sheep hole from which I can't get out. Now how could I not say Guy Lombardo after I made a whole TD aural question about him?
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.
twelvefootboy

Re: TD 445 - Prime Time [Q1-Q7 revealed]

Post by twelvefootboy »

twelvefootboy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:02 pm
Word up, you need to be looking in the rear view mirror. Floridagator and merica both are dope at playing this game. I'll be back to the all sheep line soon enough, thank you. :roll:

eta - I've possibly got a wrong answer coming up on the numbered TV show and maybe even question 11, which will probably have the ability to flip the whole game upside down with it's limit of 3 answers.
Apologies to FG and merica for jinxing you. :roll: . No more shout-outs during the reveal.

Six points after six questions. Seventeen points on two questions. My Tim Tebow impersonation is complete. :lol: . The 23 point sheep potential on the last question will be fun. Mathematically, if the first 22 players sheep exactly, and AFRET picks the singleton, he .......... still loses :lol: . But, mathematically, if everybody picks a wrong answer (like the Nile), then AFRET........ still loses. Damn, welcome to the life of a Kansas City Royals fan. Hold my spot for me!
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

I thought I had a singleton with Zoey 101 LOL. I never cease to be amazed at the knowledge of you folks.
floridagator wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:56 pm Now how could I not say Guy Lombardo after I made a whole TD aural question about him?
This is the reason I also went with Lombardo. I should have realized that I would not be the only person who remembered that aural question!
J! S39 - 1/27-2/1. '24 ToC ???

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
merica
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: TD 445 - Prime Time [Q1-Q7 revealed]

Post by merica »

twelvefootboy wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:14 pm
twelvefootboy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:02 pm
Word up, you need to be looking in the rear view mirror. Floridagator and merica both are dope at playing this game. I'll be back to the all sheep line soon enough, thank you. :roll:

eta - I've possibly got a wrong answer coming up on the numbered TV show and maybe even question 11, which will probably have the ability to flip the whole game upside down with it's limit of 3 answers.
Apologies to FG and merica for jinxing you. :roll: . No more shout-outs during the reveal.

Six points after six questions. Seventeen points on two questions. My Tim Tebow impersonation is complete. :lol: . The 23 point sheep potential on the last question will be fun. Mathematically, if the first 22 players sheep exactly, and AFRET picks the singleton, he .......... still loses :lol: . But, mathematically, if everybody picks a wrong answer (like the Nile), then AFRET........ still loses. Damn, welcome to the life of a Kansas City Royals fan. Hold my spot for me!
No jinx worries here; that's my own doing. FTR, I don't believe I've had a single podium finish so it was only a matter of time. I'm feeling good about the bonus questions, but given only three options for Q11, I'm sure I've picked the sheep. Debated between Ray Guy and Guy Lombardo, but would have been only a one-point swing for me anyway, so no biggie.
BrigadierSolo13
Double Double Machine

Post by BrigadierSolo13 »

It's certainly gonna be a photo finish at the end, you guys are making my back-to-back victory a challenge, and I love it. :D

I took a calculated gamble on question 11, I can't wait to see if it pays off or blows up in my face.
clt013
J! and SJ! Pool Participant

Re: TD 445 - Prime Time [Final results]

Post by clt013 »

11. 3 - Many MLB and NFL games took place at Three Rivers Stadium - named for a trio of waterways that met nearby. Name one of those three rivers.

A tie between the two tributaries…

Allegheny [Co-SHEEP] - 8
merica
MarkBarrett
casketromance
BrigadierSolo13
Shaquebanisa
Ironhorse
AFRET CMS
clprez

Monongahela [Co-SHEEP] - 8
Rackme32
ParrotRob
Peachbox
MattKnowles
jfmk
threearruda
econgator
True North

Ohio - 5
RougeGod
twelvefootboy
heppm01
Floridagator
classicroadster

SHEEP = 8
NYCScribbler
Gamawire

12. Bonus #1: 2 - Name up to 3 states with schools in 2 of the "Power 5" (ACC, Big Ten, Big XII, Pac-12, SEC) NCAA FBS conferences [Correct answers = -1, SHEEP = 0]

CORRECT RESPONSES = -1 each [Except "SHEEP" response = 0] Answers listed from least to most used…

Iowa [Iowa (Big Ten), Iowa State (Big XII)]
Ironhorse
threearruda
Floridagator

Kentucky [Kentucky (SEC), Louisville (ACC)]
casketromance
NYCScribbler
BrigadierSolo13
Ironhorse
classicroadster

Pennsylvania [Penn State (Big Ten), Pittsburgh (ACC)]
merica
NYCScribbler
MattKnowles
Floridagator
classicroadster

Florida [Florida (SEC), Florida State, Miami (ACC)]
merica
Rackme32
MarkBarrett
ParrotRob
Peachbox
jfmk
True North

South Carolina [Clemson (ACC), South Carolina (SEC)]
ParrotRob
casketromance
BrigadierSolo13
jfmk
threearruda
AFRET CMS
True North

Texas [Baylor, Texas, TCU, Texas Tech (Big XII), Texas A&M (SEC)]
MarkBarrett
NYCScribbler
Gamawire
Ironhorse
Peachbox
MattKnowles
jfmk
threearruda

Georgia [Georgia (SEC), Georgia Tech (ACC)] {SHEEP = 0}
merica
Rackme32
MarkBarrett
ParrotRob
casketromance
BrigadierSolo13
AFRET CMS
True North
classicroadster

WRONG ANSWERS = 0
Illinois [Illinois, Northwestern = Big Ten]: Gamawire
Kansas [Kansas, Kansas State = Big XII]: Gamawire
Maryland [Maryland = Big Ten]: heppm01
Michigan [Michigan, Michigan State = Big Ten]: clprez
Missouri [Missouri = SEC]: Peachbox, heppm01
Nebraska [Nebraska = Big Ten]: heppm01
North Carolina [Duke, North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest = ACC]: Rackme32, AFRET CMS
Ohio [Ohio State = Big Ten]: MattKnowles, RougeGod

And then there's...
Indiana [Indiana, Purdue = Big Ten; Notre Dame = FBS Independent (ACC for sports other than football and hockey)]: Floridagator

Close, but the Fighting Irish are not in a FBS conference

13. Bonus #2: Give the total number (All 5 leagues together) of MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL and NHL teams that were scheduled to play in 2020. [Correct answer = -2]

MLB (30) + MLS (26) + NBA (30) + NFL (32) + NHL (31) = 149

CORRECT ANSWERS = -2
merica
MarkBarrett
ParrotRob
casketromance
RougeGod
clprez
Floridagator
True North

WRONG ANSWERS = 0
Rackme32 (137)
BrigadierSolo13 (139)
Gamawire (150)
Ironhorse (147)
Peachbox (138)
MattKnowles (151)
threearruda (151)
AFRET CMS (140)
heppm01 (126)
classicroadster (153)

FINAL STANDINGS
23. AFRET CMS - 54
20. Rackme32 - 41
20. jfmk - 41
20. clprez - 41
19. RougeGod - 38
17. econgator - 37
17. twelvefootboy - 37
15. Shaquebanisa - 36
15. Ironhorse - 36
12. casketromance - 35
12. NYCScribbler - 35
12. heppm01 - 35
10. ParrotRob - 34
10. threearruda - 34
9. classicroadster - 33

Packing one step of the podium…
3. MarkBarrett - 32
3. BrigadierSolo13 - 32
3. Peachbox - 32
3. MattKnowles - 32
3. Floridagator - 32
3. True North - 32

And the co-champions…
1. merica - 31
1. Gamawire - 31

Thanks to everyone for playing!
floridagator

Post by floridagator »

Winners list updated:
Http://jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5380

I don't understand the technicality that means I don't get a point for Indiana and am therefore kept out of first place. I will state that Notre Dame is a member of the ACC, but not for football.
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.
True North
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by True North »

Thanks for the game and the reveal.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

floridagator wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:41 am I don't understand the technicality that means I don't get a point for Indiana and am therefore kept out of first place. I will state that Notre Dame is a member of the ACC, but not for football.
What's not to understand? The question required a state with 2 "Power 5" FBS schools. As you yourself stated, Notre Dame is not one of those schools.
BrigadierSolo13
Double Double Machine

Post by BrigadierSolo13 »

So close!

I'm sure like many of you, I have many "what if's" and "what could have been's", but I'll just settle for stating that I SEVERELY underestimated the number of teams in Major League Soccer.

Oh well, I will enjoy my crowded spot on the 2nd place platform and hope that everyone is tested. :mrgreen:

Thank you clt013 for hosting and great game everyone!
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

Thank you for a great game. and THANK YOU for not including the all-sheep line in the final reveal. I found that to be very courteous. Or very merciful.

I also appreciate TFB going to the trouble of calculating various scenarios wherein I have a miracle finish.... and still lose. I think there's still a little twist left in the knife if he's still interested ....
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
gamawire
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by gamawire »

clt013 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:07 am 13. Bonus #2: Give the total number (All 5 leagues together) of MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL and NHL teams that were scheduled to play in 2020. [Correct answer = -2]

MLB (30) + MLS (26) + NBA (30) + NFL (32) + NHL (31) = 149

WRONG ANSWERS = 0
Gamawire (150)

And the co-champions…
1. merica - 31
1. Gamawire - 31

Thanks to everyone for playing!
If I had just remembered the quiz's theme before submitting my answer on the bonus instead of immediately after submitting, I probably would be the solo champion - I just went with a round number. Duh!

But I'll take co-champs all day long. Thanks for the fun game, clt, and congrats to the others on the podium with me. :mrgreen:
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

So the final reveal on number 11 went 8-8-5 so not a complete script flipper. I was hoping for an epic 13-4-6 or something to shuffle the leaderboard into the loserboard. Or at least to trade places with AFRET after my poke :).

Appropriately,

And the co-champions…
1. merica - 31
1. Gamawire - 31

The final score is not just a prime, but a twin prime (with 29), ergo two champions.

Thank you clt, it was a nice distraction from the real world.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
merica
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by merica »

I'm humbled and excited for my first TD victory; glad to share it with Gamawire!

I'd like to thank MLS for selecting St. Louis as its 28th member earlier this year (I believe Miami will be joining as well, so that's how I gathered there were 26 MLS franchises scheduled to play this year, otherwise I would have had no clue).

Of all the TDs I've entered over the years, I never would have guessed this would be the one I would win. As others have noted, that three rivers question was a virtual tie for everyone, fortunately for me. That question, plus my answer of Ray Guy on the previous question, provide more than half of my total points for the quiz.

Congrats to everyone on the podium and hope all enjoyed the TD!