A Retro Jeopardy! Idea

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jlgarfield
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

A Retro Jeopardy! Idea

Post by jlgarfield »

Hey, guys. I'd love to see either a video game or post from Jeopardy's social networking sites that explore the show's past seasons, whether it be through moments or clues.

What should it be called? I have three ideas:
1) JEOPARDY! Rewind
2) Throwback JEOPARDY!
3) Retro JEOPARDY!

Any other ideas, Re: The name of the segment or other ideas it could include, I'm listening. :D
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Re: A Retro Jeopardy! Idea

Post by cinemaniax7 »

jlgarfield wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:23 pm Hey, guys. I'd love to see either a video game or post from Jeopardy's social networking sites that explore the show's past seasons, whether it be through moments or clues.

What should it be called? I have three ideas:
1) JEOPARDY! Rewind
2) Throwback JEOPARDY!
3) Retro JEOPARDY!

Any other ideas, Re: The name of the segment or other ideas it could include, I'm listening. :D
Personally, I've always been annoyed by the fact that so many of the J! home editions and video games offer such a limited number of answers and questions. I'm intrigued by the idea of using questions from past seasons to create a database for a game to randomly draw from. One potential speed bump is that the clues would have to be reviewed and edited in order to delete or update clues with out-of-date information such as nations' prime ministers, U.S. senators, world records, current spouses, etc.
talkingaway
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: A Retro Jeopardy! Idea

Post by talkingaway »

I've always thought a cool thing to do, particularly in rerun season or for Weekend Jeopardy!, would be to run some of the relatively older episodes. If anything, those episodes would be MORE interesting than, say, episodes from just a year ago. I'm likely to remember a clue from last September, but I'm unlikely to remember one from September 2002.

I guess the main problem would be that affiliates wouldn't like the SD look of the older episodes, and I'm not sure there's a good workaround for that...of course, my regional sports network is playing hockey games from 1991, so there's some precedent. The big add-on could be doing it in the style of VH1's old Pop-Up Videos, with information that highlights any correct responses that might be out-of-date now.