RIP Carl Reiner at 98

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

RIP Carl Reiner at 98

Post by Robert K S »

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/carl- ... 234694208/

Goodbye to one-half of the greatest Jeopardy!-watching duo of all time.
pinkfreud
Jeopardy! Contestant

Re: RIP Carl Reiner at 98

Post by pinkfreud »

I first encountered Carl Reiner in the 1950s, when he was part of Sid Caesar's comedy team on Your Show of Shows. I announced to my parents that when I grew up, I was going to marry Carl Reiner. I was a fickle little girl, though, since I later made the same announcement regarding Don Herbert (Mr. Wizard), Danny Kaye, Tony Randall, and Laurence Olivier. I did not actually marry any of these men, but I think any one of them would have been a fine choice as a husband. Carl Reiner was, in a way, my first crush, and I will miss him.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I'm not sure how easy it is to confirm this, but Carl Reiner might have been the last surviving cast member of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

alietr wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:36 pm I'm not sure how easy it is to confirm this, but Carl Reiner might have been the last surviving cast member of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
If you believe iMDB, they already did the work...
With the death of Mickey Rooney on April 6, 2014, no surviving members of the main cast are left. Since the passing of Carl Reiner on June 29, 2020, Nicholas Georgiade, and Barrie Chase are the only surviving members of the complete cast.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057193/tr ... =tr3058500
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

alietr wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:36 pm I'm not sure how easy it is to confirm this, but Carl Reiner might have been the last surviving cast member of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
From the Wikipedia article on the movie, I found two.

Nicholas Georgiade had an uncredited role as a detective. He was born March 25, 1933.

Barrie Chase was cut from the original version but was in restored scenes added back in for a DVD release. She played a bikini-clad dancer. She was born October 20, 1933.

I have never seen the movie but it seems to have an older cast. So not surprising a 57 year old movie wouldn’t have many surviving cast members.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Reiner.PNG
Reiner.PNG (14.54 KiB) Viewed 1378 times