Season 37 date?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

hdayejr
Contributor

Season 37 date?

Post by hdayejr »

Some people saying 14th or 28th

Really wish the people who are talking out their rears would can it
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Re: Season 37 date?

Post by triviawayne »

In case you haven’t noticed, things are a little different this year compared to past years when information was more accurate.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
talkingaway
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by talkingaway »

The guide on my FiOS has the two audience-free weeks at the end of S36 coming up - it only goes up to Saturday. So there's definitely no new J! until at least the 14th - barring something really weird happening. I imagine they like to promote "All new episodes of Jeopardy! are back!" in the week or so before it returns, and there's been none of that from what I've seen.

I'd say 14th or 28th are the best two guesses - they could start right up on the 14th or rerun an old tournament on the 14th if they want to start on the 28th.

I'm a bit surprised that there hasn't been a lot of talk about the episodes actually being taped. An "I'm so happy to be back taping J! for all of you - and stay safe!" video from Alex would make sense. But perhaps the hard date hasn't been set yet.

They also probably want to see how the tapings go with respect to COVID. Results of various restarts have varied in sports leagues. The NHL has had absolutely no cases of COVID-19 in their Toronto/Edmonton bubbles as of a week or so ago. On the other hand, MLB has had multiple teams that have had to reschedule games, since they're not bubbled when they're home (and not effectively bubbled when they're away, either). They might want to bank 30-40 episodes before they figure out their plan for S37.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Xfinity TV Remote says that Jeopardy! and Wheel premiere on September 14. Wheel sent out an email to Wheel Watchers Club members confirming said date as the season premiere of Wheel.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

talkingaway wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:19 pm The guide on my FiOS has the two audience-free weeks at the end of S36 coming up - it only goes up to Saturday. So there's definitely no new J! until at least the 14th - barring something really weird happening. I imagine they like to promote "All new episodes of Jeopardy! are back!" in the week or so before it returns, and there's been none of that from what I've seen.

I'd say 14th or 28th are the best two guesses - they could start right up on the 14th or rerun an old tournament on the 14th if they want to start on the 28th.

I'm a bit surprised that there hasn't been a lot of talk about the episodes actually being taped. An "I'm so happy to be back taping J! for all of you - and stay safe!" video from Alex would make sense. But perhaps the hard date hasn't been set yet.

They also probably want to see how the tapings go with respect to COVID. Results of various restarts have varied in sports leagues. The NHL has had absolutely no cases of COVID-19 in their Toronto/Edmonton bubbles as of a week or so ago. On the other hand, MLB has had multiple teams that have had to reschedule games, since they're not bubbled when they're home (and not effectively bubbled when they're away, either). They might want to bank 30-40 episodes before they figure out their plan for S37.
out of curiosity, why did you skip the 21st and go straight to the 28th? They could do another vault week if they wanted to. I agree a tournament would make a little more sense if it's a last minute decision, but I don't see where it would be required.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

Jeopardy just posted something on Facebook that said “Fresh, new episodes of Jeopardy! are coming soon!

In the meantime, we're serving up 2 weeks of episodes from last season.”

This suggests that the season premiere will be September 14.
gamawire
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by gamawire »

I just got an email saying September 14 and that the last two weeks of Season 36 are being rerun.
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca
gameshowfandanny

gamawire wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:10 am I just got an email saying September 14 and that the last two weeks of Season 36 are being rerun.
That means it's confirmed. I cannot wait for September 14 and it's just two weeks away!
mfc248

Post by mfc248 »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:32 am
gamawire wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:10 am I just got an email saying September 14 and that the last two weeks of Season 36 are being rerun.
That means it's confirmed. I cannot wait for September 14 and it's just two weeks away!
Having just done the check of television schedules in every Nielsen media market in the United States to update my master list (link in my signature), I can also state that listings under both TitanTV and Zap2it are showing a season premiere on September 14.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

mfc248 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:49 am Having just done the check of television schedules in every Nielsen media market in the United States to update my master list (link in my signature), I can also state that listings under both TitanTV and Zap2it are showing a season premiere on September 14.
---------------------------------------------
A full list of where and when Jeopardy! airs
Wow! I was about to correct your info for the Kansas City area which says Jeopardy! airs on WDAF FOX at 2:00 P.M. when in fact it airs on KSHB NBC at 3:30. But I just checked my scheduled recordings and they confirm that they're set to switch to WDAF FOX at 2:00 P.M. starting Monday September 14. I've still got a backup scheduled that will record the old time and place. We'll see what happens.

I'm also still scheduled to get a rerun on Sept 15 of the Sept 14 episode on KMCI NBC, sister station to KSHB. So first run on FOX, repeat next morning on NBC sister station if the schedule is to be believed. Really weird.
mfc248

Post by mfc248 »

opusthepenguin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:49 am
mfc248 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:49 am Having just done the check of television schedules in every Nielsen media market in the United States to update my master list (link in my signature), I can also state that listings under both TitanTV and Zap2it are showing a season premiere on September 14.
---------------------------------------------
A full list of where and when Jeopardy! airs
Wow! I was about to correct your info for the Kansas City area which says Jeopardy! airs on WDAF FOX at 2:00 P.M. when in fact it airs on KSHB NBC at 3:30. But I just checked my scheduled recordings and they confirm that they're set to switch to WDAF FOX at 2:00 P.M. starting Monday September 14. I've still got a backup scheduled that will record the old time and place. We'll see what happens.

I'm also still scheduled to get a rerun on Sept 15 of the Sept 14 episode on KMCI NBC, sister station to KSHB. So first run on FOX, repeat next morning on NBC sister station if the schedule is to be believed. Really weird.
Thanks for that — it's a point of confirmation to me that a move is going to happen. As of right now, neither Fox 4 nor 41 Action News has made any statement with respect to the show moving. I spent a fair amount of time on this yesterday…

I use Zap2it to check the markets because I can swap between ZIP Codes quickly. Any time they show me something different from my list, as they did for KC here, it goes to TitanTV for a "second opinion." That site said it's staying put, and KSHB's own listings also say no move, so I almost left it at that.

But then I thought "just out of curiosity, what's airing on Fox at 2 pm now?" That would be The Mel Robbins Show. Sure enough, that was the only one of the three new talk shows from last season to get canceled (The Kelly Clarkson Show and Tamron Hall both getting renewed). But the full grid for 9/14 in KC on TitanTV still shows Mel Robbins at 2!

That made me think it likely that Jeopardy! would in fact move. But I needed to figure out what's going into that 3 pm hour on NBC. OK, who's getting new syndicated talk shows this season? That would be Drew Barrymore and Nick Cannon. Search for the Barrymore premiere… KSHB at 3 pm, and the show's own site said the same thing. At that point, I had enough evidence to say "call it — Jeopardy! is moving in KC when the new season starts." (This move also removes KC from the small club of markets where J! and Wheel air on different stations.)

I did also clean up a few times; perhaps most notably, fixed Sioux Falls, which was notable because Myron reported that move here when it happened nearly eight months ago, but I never caught wind of it. I need to start coming back here more often…
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

mfc248 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:05 pm Thanks for that — it's a point of confirmation to me that a move is going to happen. As of right now, neither Fox 4 nor 41 Action News has made any statement with respect to the show moving. I spent a fair amount of time on this yesterday…

I use Zap2it to check the markets because I can swap between ZIP Codes quickly. Any time they show me something different from my list, as they did for KC here, it goes to TitanTV for a "second opinion." That site said it's staying put, and KSHB's own listings also say no move, so I almost left it at that.

But then I thought "just out of curiosity, what's airing on Fox at 2 pm now?" That would be The Mel Robbins Show. Sure enough, that was the only one of the three new talk shows from last season to get canceled (The Kelly Clarkson Show and Tamron Hall both getting renewed). But the full grid for 9/14 in KC on TitanTV still shows Mel Robbins at 2!
That's some good detective work there. My confirmation, by the way, comes from Schedules Direct: https://schedulesdirect.org/. I think that counts as a separate source to Zap2it and TitanTV but I can't be sure.

A contrary source would be KSHB's site which claims that the new Jeopardy! will air on Sept 14 at 3:30 on channel 41.1, just like always.

https://www.kshb.com/entertainment/tele ... tion-sched

However, WDAF FOX channel 4 also claims the new Jeopardy! will air on THEIR channel that day at 2:00 p.m.

https://fox4kc.com/on-air/fox-4-program-schedule/

So my money's on KSHB needing to update their schedule and they just haven't done it yet.
thenextofken

Post by thenextofken »

Is it possible they might follow the lead of the major sports leagues and tape new episodes without a studio audience?
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

thenextofken wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:32 pm Is it possible they might follow the lead of the major sports leagues and tape new episodes without a studio audience?
Someone posted this on Facebook (which had been received from a friend of theirs):

"It was a great, but whirlwind experience (not to mention getting evacuated from our house the day after we got back, for two weeks). No green room, we hung out on the Wheel of Fortune set; they took COVID protocols to the Nth degree (I put on my own makeup and mic, both of those staffers had to wear gowns, gloves, and face shields. No audience, so Corina was clapping as hard as she could when found the daily double to make up for it :).) I was surprised and amused at how many times they had Alex re-read clues during the commercial breaks. Though they haven't told us officially, it looks like my episode is going to air October 14th."
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
gameshowfandanny

New promo out for the new season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75B3FO7fVjI
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Ken is joining the show?!?
gameshowfandanny

alietr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:12 pm Ken is joining the show?!?
The video description says he's a consulting producer and Ken's first video category airs on September 15, the second episode of the season.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

alietr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:12 pm Ken is joining the show?!?
My take is like a guest clue reader that pops up more frequently than a local news anchor and less frequently than Sarah and Jimmy.

One screen grab off the promo:

It look like the players are not apart much more than previous years. I can't tell if the dividers are up. Alex seems to be closer to the players than his clue reading post, so perhaps he still travels a bit for the chat portion? I was expecting Alex to stay put for that segment.
NoWhammies10
Relaxing In The Hot Tub

Post by NoWhammies10 »

Here's a first look at the new set.

opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

I'm looking forward to the credit rolls with people in hazmat suits hosing everything down in the background.