Season 37 Preemptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Season 37 Preemptions

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Making this thread to keep track of preemptions since the show's website keeps track of them on their "Watch" page:
Week of September 14, 2020:
WBZ-TV Boston - Due to Patriots All Access, Friday's Jeopardy! will air at 2:35 AM.
KARE-DT Minneapolis - Due to the 2020 U.S. Open Golf Championship, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KSDK-TV St. Louis - Due to the 2020 U.S. Open Golf Championship, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KXAN-DT Austin - Due to the 2020 U.S. Open Golf Championship, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KFOR-TV Oklahoma City - Due to the 2020 U.S. Open Golf Championship, Thursday and Friday's Jeopardy! episodes will air at 2:00 AM.*
* If you watch on KFOR and plan on recording the shows on DVR, then I would recommend that for Thursday's show, you also record the 2:30 AM and 3:00 AM blocks of Early Today and for Friday's show, 1st Look "Austin or Bust" and 1st Look "Destination Charleston", just in case the 2020 U.S. Open Golf Championship ends late on either or both days, since stations sometimes delay their programming if sports coverage ends late.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by Linear Gnome »

I watch on KSDK. They're apparently showing some very recent repeats in the 12PM time slot (sometimes, it's even the current day's episode) So it turns out that I will be able to catch the 9/18 episode on 9/21.
gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:26 pm Making this thread to keep track of preemptions since the show's website keeps track of them on their "Watch" page:
Week of September 14, 2020:
WBZ-TV Boston - Due to Patriots All Access, Friday's Jeopardy! will air at 2:35 AM.
KARE-DT Minneapolis - Due to the 2020 U.S. Open Golf Championship, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KSDK-TV St. Louis - Due to the 2020 U.S. Open Golf Championship, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KXAN-DT Austin - Due to the 2020 U.S. Open Golf Championship, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KFOR-TV Oklahoma City - Due to the 2020 U.S. Open Golf Championship, Thursday and Friday's Jeopardy! episodes will air at 2:00 AM.*
* If you watch on KFOR and plan on recording the shows on DVR, then I would recommend that for Thursday's show, you also record the 2:30 AM and 3:00 AM blocks of Early Today and for Friday's show, 1st Look "Austin or Bust" and 1st Look "Destination Charleston", just in case the 2020 U.S. Open Golf Championship ends late on either or both days, since stations sometimes delay their programming if sports coverage ends late.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Jumping gun to the week of Sept. 28th:

Debate on Tuesday the 29th across the networks affecting many in the West
NBA Finals Game 1 on ABC on Wednesday, Sept. 30th affecting many in the West
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:25 am Jumping gun to the week of Sept. 28th:

Jeopardy! airs at 2 p.m. now in my neck of the woods, presumably well before the hooplah. For known boardies suffering the preemption blues, a discreet PM to me may let the sun shine in.
gameshowfandanny

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:25 am Jumping gun to the week of Sept. 28th:

I will post more info on how stations will handle Jeopardy! when that week comes, but yes, I was aware about those two dates.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

On Monday, September 21st, "Monday Night Football" is back on ABC for one broadcast only, to celebrate its 50th anniversary. The broadcast starts an hour earlier than it did when "MNF" was regularly on ABC -- 8:00 Eastern/5:00 Pacific.

Therefore, KABC has J! scheduled to air after the game, at 9:00, which was not their usual practice back in the day.

(If any station needs to do their utmost to get all episodes of J! on the air right now, it's KABC, given that it's how all the current contestants will be watching themselves on TV.)
gameshowfandanny

Week of September 21, 2020:
KABC-TV Los Angeles: Due to ABC's Monday Night Football game, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:00 PM, as trainman noted.
KGO-TV San Francisco: Due to ABC's Monday Night Football game, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 10:00 PM.
WBZ-TV Boston: Due to Patriots All Access, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:35 AM.
KOMO-TV Seattle: Due to ABC's Monday Night Football game, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 10:00 PM.
WPLG-DT Miami: Due to a pregame show for Thursday Night Football's Dolphins at Jaguars game called Countdown to Kickoff, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 5:30 PM on Sunday, September 27.
KXTV Sacramento: Due to ABC's Monday Night Football game, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 10:00 PM.
KATU Portland: Due to ABC's Monday Night Football game, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 10:00 PM.
WVUE-DT: Due to FOX 8 Live Tailgate, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 11:30 PM.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:23 pm Week of September 21, 2020:
KABC-TV Los Angeles: Due to ABC's Monday Night Football game, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:00 PM, as trainman noted.
KGO-TV San Francisco: Due to ABC's Monday Night Football game, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 10:00 PM.
WBZ-TV Boston: Due to Patriots All Access, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:35 AM.
KOMO-TV Seattle: Due to ABC's Monday Night Football game, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 10:00 PM.
WPLG-DT Miami: Due to a pregame show for Thursday Night Football's Dolphins at Jaguars game called Countdown to Kickoff, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 5:30 PM on Sunday, September 27.
KXTV Sacramento: Due to ABC's Monday Night Football game, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 10:00 PM.
KATU Portland: Due to ABC's Monday Night Football game, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 10:00 PM.
WVUE-DT: Due to FOX 8 Live Tailgate, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 11:30 PM.
That's the easy part. How about RBC viewing, service(s)? Supreme Court nominee announcement?
gameshowfandanny

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:25 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:23 pm Week of September 21, 2020:
That's the easy part. How about RBC viewing, service(s)? Supreme Court nominee announcement?
Sorry, I don't have any info on that.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Any known boardie who normally has access to the show can PM me to talk about their preemption woes. I can't offer a shoulder to cry on because penguins don't have shoulders, but I could let you into a secret bunker where you can try to forget your troubles.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

Linear Gnome wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:38 pm I watch on KSDK. They're apparently showing some very recent repeats in the 12PM time slot (sometimes, it's even the current day's episode) So it turns out that I will be able to catch the 9/18 episode on 9/21.
This worked better in theory than in practice. Noon today I got one of Jason. Z's games, though the DVR thought it was the 9/18/20 game. Got caught up off the archive (thanks, Mark!).
gameshowfandanny

Linear Gnome wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:14 pm
Linear Gnome wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:38 pm I watch on KSDK. They're apparently showing some very recent repeats in the 12PM time slot (sometimes, it's even the current day's episode) So it turns out that I will be able to catch the 9/18 episode on 9/21.
This worked better in theory than in practice. Noon today I got one of Jason. Z's games, though the DVR thought it was the 9/18/20 game. Got caught up off the archive (thanks, Mark!).
Was it Jason's twelfth game? That's what today's Daytime Jeopardy rerun is.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:23 pm WPLG-DT Miami: Due to a pregame show for Thursday Night Football's Dolphins at Jaguars game called Countdown to Kickoff, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 5:30 PM on Sunday, September 27.
My guess is that they're actually going to show Thursday's episode in the regular time slot on Friday, and then the Friday episode will air on Sunday.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

What the smeg?...

Jeopardy! Mon, Sep 28, 7:00 PM / KABC-DT 7.1 / ABC / HDTV / New
Jeopardy! Tue, Sep 29, 10:00 PM / KABC-DT 7.1 / ABC / HDTV / New (This one's delayed due to the first Pres. debate)
Jeopardy! Wed, Sep 30, 7:00 PM / KABC-DT 7.1 / ABC
Jeopardy! Wed, Sep 30, 10:00 PM / KABC-DT 7.1 / ABC / HDTV / New (There's an unannounced two hour block between 8 and 10 here)
Jeopardy! Thu, Oct 01, 7:00 PM / KABC-DT 7.1 / ABC / HDTV / New
Jeopardy! Fri, Oct 02, 7:00 PM / KABC-DT 7.1 / ABC
Jeopardy! Fri, Oct 02, 10:00 PM / KABC-DT 7.1 / ABC / HDTV / New (Another unannounced two hour block between 8 and 10 here)
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:33 pm What the smeg?...

Jeopardy! Tue, Sep 29, 10:00 PM / KABC-DT 7.1 / ABC / HDTV / New (This one's delayed due to the first Pres. debate)
Jeopardy! Wed, Sep 30, 10:00 PM / KABC-DT 7.1 / ABC / HDTV / New (There's an unannounced two hour block between 8 and 10 here)
Jeopardy! Fri, Oct 02, 10:00 PM / KABC-DT 7.1 / ABC / HDTV / New (Another unannounced two hour block between 8 and 10 here)
Hoops! There it is! NBA Finals on Wed. & Fri.

KGO (as of this post) does not have J!/WOF listed at all for the NBA nights. Game 6-8:30. Local After the Game 8:30-10. Kimmel gets special prime time slots for these games. He's on 10-10:30. KGO News 10:30-11 and then of course at 11 for the normal half-hour slot. Kimmel's regular live show for the next hour. Nightline and more news and then replays of Kelly/Ryan then T. Hall. My expectation is for the schedule to update next week that the game shows will air in the a.m.

Game 3 is Sunday and Game 4 is Tuesday the 6th. Lakers could sweep the Heat while I would expect Boston to win at least one game to drag things on.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:54 pm
Volante wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:33 pm What the smeg?...

Hoops! There it is! NBA Finals on Wed. & Fri.

KGO (as of this post) does not have J!/WOF listed at all for the NBA nights. Game 6-8:30. Local After the Game 8:30-10. Kimmel gets special prime time slots for these games. He's on 10-10:30. KGO News 10:30-11 and then of course at 11 for the normal half-hour slot. Kimmel's regular live show for the next hour. Nightline and more news and then replays of Kelly/Ryan then T. Hall. My expectation is for the schedule to update next week that the game shows will air in the a.m.

Game 3 is Sunday and Game 4 is Tuesday the 6th. Lakers could sweep the Heat while I would expect Boston to win at least one game to drag things on.
Yeah, looks like ABC is having it both ways with the scheduling right now. If the semis go long, 7:00 J!. When the finals start, 10:00.
Lovely. Also because my DVR isn't updating the schedule correctly so I have to verify all these manually...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

With baseball on Fox, Stanley Cup Finals on NBC, NBA Finals on ABC and debate across the board the J! site will need multiple pages to list everything whenever they update to the week of 9/28 today.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Thankfully, here in the Orlando area, there are no preemptions for the next two weeks.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:55 pm With baseball on Fox, Stanley Cup Finals on NBC, NBA Finals on ABC and debate across the board the J! site will need multiple pages to list everything whenever they update to the week of 9/28 today.
Stanley Cup won't be an issue anymore....
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

The site is updated: https://www.jeopardy.com/watch

It's a long list for this week and I would think there are more stations affected.