Season 37 Preemptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by opusthepenguin »

FOX4 ran the game without changing the listings in the slot where they normally air Wheel of Fortune. Well, almost. They started it at 6:28 rather than 6:30. WTF? I happened to tune in at 6:29 just to see if I could figure out if and when they were planning on airing the episode and caught the game just as Johnny was introducing Manisha. So I hit record. That worked for 1 minute until the program I was supposedly watching--FOX4 News--ended. The recording stopped as the show labeled "Wheel of Fortune" (which was actually the continuation of the Jeopardy! game that had just begun) started up. So I had to hit record again and missed several seconds.

I assume the other penguin had similar difficulties but is working to cobble together what he has and upload it.

Update: Looks like he uploaded some protest video to YouTube but then provided a link to a video on Google Drive. Remember that Google Drive chooses the thumbnails for videos and sometimes it chooses a spoiler. So right-click on the link to download it or just don't look directly at your screen until you click Play. (Google Drive is still processing the vid so we don't know what the thumbnail will be yet.)
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Robert K S wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:33 pm Anybody know what the pre-emption status is in Cleveland?
Nevermind, looks like the show aired in its entirety as scheduled here!
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

*sigh* ABC 7 is covering junk out of Congress.

And then I checked Twitter:
ABC7 Eyewitness News
@ABC7
·
1m
PROGRAMMING NOTE: @Jeopardy
will air at 8:00pm and
@WheelofFortune
will air at 8:30pm due to ABC News coverage of the chaos at the U.S. Capitol
https://twitter.com/ABC7/status/1347015100205576192

They're learning!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:00 pm *sigh* ABC 7 is covering junk out of Congress.

ABC7 Eyewitness News
@ABC7
·
1m
@WheelofFortune

They're learning!
Same up here with J! & WOF 8-9 and KGO ran a crawl to announce it. I read elsewhere that ABC is not showing any of the Millionaire eps and will instead rerun some Shark Tanks.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:06 pm
Volante wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:00 pm *sigh* ABC 7 is covering junk out of Congress.

ABC7 Eyewitness News
@ABC7
·
1m
@WheelofFortune

They're learning!
Same up here with J! & WOF 8-9 and KGO ran a crawl to announce it. I read elsewhere that ABC is not showing any of the Millionaire eps and will instead rerun some Shark Tanks.
Lindsey Graham was talking...I gave it about 2 minutes waiting for a crawl then shut it off... :lol:

More awesome is ABC updated the scheduling AND my DVR picked up the new J! time thanks to the name match. They ARE learning!!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Volante wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:22 pm Lindsey Graham was talking...
Dang it! On first read I parsed this as "Lindsey Graham was TAKEN" and I thought, well now, things just got interesting! :lol:
clprez

Post by clprez »

The news person on NBC-2 in SW Florida just stated that tonight(1/7/21) they will be showing yesterday's show at 7:30. Tomorrow they will be showing the penultimate and last episodes back-to-back tomorrow at 7PM.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Anyone found 1/6's Wheel? I've looked all over and can't find it anywhere.
lstone19
Valued Contributor

Post by lstone19 »

WLS (7) in Chicago had a crawl that they would re-air Tuesday and Wednesday’s shows tomorrow (Friday) at 1pm and 1:30pm CT respectively. This after moving Tuesday’s to a sub-channel as well as airing it at 3:07am. Wednesday’s was not moved to the sub-channel but was shown at 3:07am. I’ll grudgingly give them credit.

What time they move it to in the overnight hours when something happens during the day is inconsistent so I now have TiVo programmed to record a four hour block starting at 1:05am. Kind of a pain doing that as that blocks TiVo rebooting when the software is updated.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Week of January 11, 2021:
NOTE: I forgot to do this yesterday, but I'll list Monday's preemption.
WBNS: Due to Buckeye Blitz: Road to the Championship, Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:07 AM.
WIVB: Due to Buffalo Kickoff Live, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be moved to WNLO.
KTXA: Due to Dallas Mavericks Pregame Show, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:30 PM.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

Warning to viewers of WBZ, Boston: because of the State of the City address by Mayor Walsh on Tuesday January 12, J! has been moved to WSBK, channel 38. At least, that's what last night's crawl said - I think this has happened before, but I could be wrong.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Today's episode of Jeopardy! was preempted on KTRK Houston because ABC is currently showing impeachment coverage.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

A parade of people on both sides giving basically the same speech over and over and changing nobody’s mind will probably cause a number of pre-emotions this afternoon.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

CBS passed on it and stuck with LMaD, TPIR, and Y&R as far as I know and most importantly J! aired in MS. I got a laugh out of DD1 since I was watching on that station.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:34 pm CBS passed on it and stuck with LMaD, TPIR, and Y&R as far as I know and most importantly J! aired in MS.
Smart move. Sequels are rarely as good.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

It’s been preempted here because of this dumb impeachment
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:22 pm Today's episode of Jeopardy! was preempted on KTRK Houston because ABC is currently showing impeachment coverage.
Thanks for Letting Me Know. Ugh. now i gotta find it elsewhere or hope they air it at 1:06 am central. Biden's Inauguration Next week could also result in Preemption.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:22 pm Today's episode of Jeopardy! was preempted on KTRK Houston because ABC is currently showing impeachment coverage.
kingskip wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:35 pm It’s been preempted here because of this dumb impeachment
AntmanB wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:49 pm Thanks for Letting Me Know. Ugh. now i gotta find it elsewhere or hope they air it at 1:06 am central. Biden's Inauguration Next week could also result in Preemption.
The Secret Bunker has your back.
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

opusthepenguin wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:20 pm
The Secret Bunker has your back.
i see that. :)
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Biden's COVID-19 relief proposal is taking up airtime (on CBS, at least) and killing Jeopardy! for the 7:30 airings in the Eastern time zone.