Fun with NBC's "The Weakest Link"

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Fun with NBC's "The Weakest Link"

Post by MarkBarrett »

Killing Eve has Villanelle. This ep. had a villainess. At the end it showed a preview for tomorrow that indicated a new ep.
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

For the Record, my Uverse Guide also had This as a Repeat of The Premiere.

This Ep was better entertaining wise but god, all of them were so Stupid. The end Result Between the last 2 left was so Obvious.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:00 pm Craig, the first voted off, was on (the last season of?) syndicated Millionaire. He got out on a question about the object associated with the phrase "pulling out the stops." I believe he said locomotive instead of organ and left with $5K. Now he must wait at least a year before he can appear on another game show. Them's the brakes!
Craig Handy: https://millionaire.fandom.com/wiki/Craig_Handy
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:52 am
morbeedo wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:00 pm Craig, the first voted off, was on (the last season of?) syndicated Millionaire. He got out on a question about the object associated with the phrase "pulling out the stops." I believe he said locomotive instead of organ and left with $5K. Now he must wait at least a year before he can appear on another game show. Them's the brakes!
Craig Handy: https://millionaire.fandom.com/wiki/Craig_Handy
That's the guy! There are so many facts I can't retain, but I have a good memory for game show contestants ;)

I would try out for The Weakest Link, but first I must check the Jeopardy! box
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

econgator wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:49 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:20 pm
jeff6286 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:30 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:59 am Ep. 2 is tonight, Tuesday, at 8 and another new ep. airs tomorrow at 8. Ep. 4 is Tuesday the 13th at 8. Then just to confuse folks ep. 5 is Monday the 19th at 10.
My listings have tomorrow as a repeat of the premiere.
My source for this morning's post was Comcast's Xfinity guide which still shows a new episode. Titantv.com shows the repeat of the premiere to agree with your listings. For a third opinion I tried nbc.com/schedule and that has new episode. Fox has a new ep. of The Masked Singer and CBS has Big Brother for new reality. ABC has a rerun of Shark Tank.

They all agree the debate will take up two hours of programming.
Here in CFL, there is no mention of an episode at all. WESH-2 is showing a local interest show from 8-9.
I saw the bug for a new episode tonight, but due to the above, we will not see it until Saturday, 10/17 (and yes, I mean 17, not 10).
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

My guide finallly updated this morning, listing tonight's episode as new, but now also lists the same apisode "Who's the Fly in this Potato Salad" airing again next Tuesday so I'll have to re-visit this then.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I thought Jane did better hosting tonight.

I agree they should have the questions on the screen. Having to repeat the questions slows things down. But it saves NBC money.

This seemed like a weaker crew than last week.
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

They amde the mOst Money out teh 3 groups so far, but they seemed like the Dumbest. omg Burger KIng? U? Bullseye?

My 2 Major Complaints are the winner dosent yet interviewed at the end and Jane holds your hand too much through the final round. but those are things i liked in the Robinson Version.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Tuesday Episode: This was almost Studio 7 episode 4 where the minority female contestants vote off all the majority male contestants. Arielle was not a dumb contestant, though she said three for the number of syllables in Mississippi, said Neptune when given a picture of Jupiter, and also said that KFC was founded by Colonel Harland McMustard. She still got a number of questions correct. Unsurprising misses from contestants include European Union, Baccarat, and Concorde.

My Performance Tuesday: Selma director not gonna happen. NHO Hush Puppies as brand of cornmeal. Didn't recognize the celebrity. I'm assuming Ryan Reynolds?

Wednesday Episode: This episode, we learned that Lee Harvey Oswald time traveled to the past to write "Leaves of Grass" with Walt Whitman and that Judy Garland time traveled to the future to substitute for Tom Hanks voicing Woody. At the start, I thought Evan was an excellent contestant, but later on, things collapsed. I am not a sports fan nor a superhero fan, but Pepper Potts still made me chuckle. Didn't recognize Giselle Bundchen from the picture, but assumed it was her. I was born in 1998 and I am not a TV person, but debuting in 1975 was a gimme for SNL.

On the promo for the episode next week, I immediately recognized John from "Best Ever Trivia Show". John beat both Ken Jennings and Susannah Brooks, winning a total of $20,000 in two shows. The only person to do so on "Best Ever Trivia Show".
Douglas Squasoni
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:12 pm Didn't recognize the celebrity. I'm assuming Ryan Reynolds?
Correct
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:12 pm My Performance Tuesday: Selma director not gonna happen. NHO Hush Puppies as brand of cornmeal. Didn't recognize the celebrity. I'm assuming Ryan Reynolds?
Hush puppies are a food made from cornmeal (basically delicious Southern fried dough balls), not a brand of cornmeal.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

New episode tonight. Looking forward to seeing how BETS John will fair against the others.
Douglas Squasoni
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

Josh from tonight's show is a dead ringer for Paul Pabst when he won the Danette edition of Sports Jeopardy :lol:
J! S39 - 1/27-2/1. '24 ToC ???

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Katie flew under the radar until the final vote! Queen lasted longer than expected. Didn’t see John being eliminated in the first round coming!
jev15
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jev15 »

Does anyone know if the contestants are prohibited from just saying "Pass" on questions they don't know the answer to? I find it maddening how much time contestants take up on questions they have no hope of getting right.
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

First J! veteran (that I know of) on the show! http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=3931
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

JayK33 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:06 am First J! veteran (that I know of) on the show! http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=3931
Thanks. I gave Josh a line on his bio.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

jev15 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:45 pm Does anyone know if the contestants are prohibited from just saying "Pass" on questions they don't know the answer to? I find it maddening how much time contestants take up on questions they have no hope of getting right.
I think I’ve seen them say it, but I can’t guarantee it.

Even if they are banned from using the p word, nothing stops them from saying Johnson or any other nonsense answer to effectively pass and move things along.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

If that is a thing, then I don't see the point. I noticed in episode 2 or so that a contestant got penalized because they answered before Jane finished reading the question, though I don't remember if they got it right or not. That's another thing they should let go.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

This question from Tuesday's show is incorrect -- it's "National Railroad Passenger Corporation." (In fact, before a marketing firm came up with the name "Amtrak," the organization was being referred to as "Railpax," an abbreviation of that phrase.)