Fun with NBC's "The Weakest Link"

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Fun with NBC's "The Weakest Link"

Post by MarkBarrett »

Who wants to know when they pick a briefcase? :lol: I laughed after the slight pause it took me to get it. That will be a big whoosh over some viewers' heads.

Great episode.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

I didn't recognize Kaya right away, but when she said Chula Vista, California, I took a closer look and then realized it was her.

There was a fallacy in one of the questions in this episode.

The question said that UNIVAC was the first computer though ENIAC pre-dated UNIVAC by 6 years.

As always on these shows, I only had a few misses.

No idea on the Captain Philips actor. I know a whole lot of Adam Sandler movies but that title is unfamiliar to me.

Bad Misses From Contestants: Albert Einstein, Stonehenge, The Chrysler Building, 18 Hours

Unsurprising Misses From Contestants: Beaufort scale, UNIVAC, Eugene Cernan
Douglas Squasoni
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

The Best of the New Episodes So Far. Yeah It makes Sense Kaya was on jeopardy lol
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

I’ve been saying all season if a good trivia player got on here they would look head and shoulders above the rest and that is indeed what happened. Hats off to Kaya as that was a beatdown of truly epic proportions!

Amazed that she made it through 5 votes with no one attempting to target her and then in the 6th vote when one of the other two did, his cohort didn’t come along for the ride, so it was too little, too late.

I’ve forgotten the runner up’s name but he did bring his A game for the final round, sure did not expect him to get six in a row after some of his misses throughout but maybe the lack of a ticking clock helped him focus.
Last edited by jeff6286 on Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:30 am There was a fallacy in one of the questions in this episode.

The question said that UNIVAC was the first computer though ENIAC pre-dated UNIVAC by 6 years.
Didn't the question specify it was the first commercial computer? One ENIAC was made, for the U.S. Army.
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:30 am No idea on the Captain Philips actor. I know a whole lot of Adam Sandler movies but that title is unfamiliar to me.
I don't quite understand why you're referencing Adam Sandler here. I got it on my second guess. I just guessed Slumdog Millionaire based on the foreign name before I had some flash of recognition and realized it was the name of the Somali immigrant actor who said "I'm the captain now" to Tom Hanks.

The first player to be eliminated felt he was done wrong because Andrew (who ended up lasting through the penultimate round) missed both of his questions, while he got one right. But on the one question he missed, he blanked on Albert Einstein and threw out "Sandra Bullock" instead, and that was an egregious enough move to draw the votes that took him out.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

The Adam Sandler movie was Uncut Gems, referring to a different question, I believe.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

jeff6286 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:25 am The Adam Sandler movie was Uncut Gems, referring to a different question, I believe.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks for remembering, and clarifying LSV's post to me.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:30 amI know a whole lot of Adam Sandler movies but that title is unfamiliar to me.
"Uncut Gems" is a very good, suspenseful movie -- I highly recommend it. It's one of the few films I managed to see in a theater in 2020.
LucarioSnooperVixey

This week's episode:

Surprised myself by getting every single question that was completed.

I didn't know that Dave Allen "Fastest Man in the World" TV show.

Don't know for sure but is "The Flight Crew" the New York Jets?

Funny Moments: Honey Boo Boo on Huckleberry Hound, and Edamame leader of Uganda.

Unsurprising Misses From Contestants: Lady Godiva, Lyndon B. Johnson, Fort Knox

Bad Misses From Contestants: Samsung, Eminem, Mount Fuji, Oscars, Jimmy Carter, Denver, America the Beautiful, Atlas
Douglas Squasoni
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

The First time that The Contestants did Better Than Me.

I didnt Know Lady Godiva was an Actual Person Either.
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

I wonder when the show will start doing celebrity or themed episodes like in the original version. Another thing I'd like to see added to this version are Champions League or Bad Losers episodes. UK Weakest Link had those in the early days. Bad Losers being people brought back for a second chance that felt they were unfairly voted off, and Champions League, as the title also suggests, being all-winners. Would especially be nice to see Kaya on the latter, see how much further she can take her perfect record.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:54 am I didn't know that Dave Allen "Fastest Man in the World" TV show.
Barry Allen -- The Flash. Dave Allen (at Large) was a comedian.
Don't know for sure but is "The Flight Crew" the New York Jets?
Correct
Golf

Post by Golf »

JayK33 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:32 am I wonder when the show will start doing celebrity or themed episodes like in the original version. Another thing I'd like to see added to this version are Champions League or Bad Losers episodes. UK Weakest Link had those in the early days. Bad Losers being people brought back for a second chance that felt they were unfairly voted off, and Champions League, as the title also suggests, being all-winners. Would especially be nice to see Kaya on the latter, see how much further she can take her perfect record.
So you want fewer hopefuls to be given the chance to play? Pass.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Golf wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:29 am
JayK33 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:32 am I wonder when the show will start doing celebrity or themed episodes like in the original version. Another thing I'd like to see added to this version are Champions League or Bad Losers episodes. UK Weakest Link had those in the early days. Bad Losers being people brought back for a second chance that felt they were unfairly voted off, and Champions League, as the title also suggests, being all-winners. Would especially be nice to see Kaya on the latter, see how much further she can take her perfect record.
So you want fewer hopefuls to be given the chance to play? Pass.
No more than Simba wanted Mufasa to die when he sang "I Just Can't Wait to Be King."
LucarioSnooperVixey

econgator wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:22 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:54 am I didn't know that Dave Allen "Fastest Man in the World" TV show.
Barry Allen -- The Flash. Dave Allen (at Large) was a comedian.
I thought it was "The Flash", but I wasn't sure.
Douglas Squasoni
JayK33
Just a Fan

Post by JayK33 »

Apparently this is now on hiatus until January. Right?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

JayK33 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:18 pm Apparently this is now on hiatus until January. Right?
A new episode this Monday the 23rd is what I see using four different sources.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:11 am
JayK33 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:18 pm Apparently this is now on hiatus until January. Right?
A new episode this Monday the 23rd is what I see using four different sources.
I show new episodes this Monday and the following one (I only get 14 days in advance).
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

I doubt I could ever be on this show. I know that I'd be yelling, "STOP BANKING AFTER EVERY SINGLE QUESTION!" several times each round.
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

That Final Round was Hilarious. I dont know who that Person won after Being Weakest Link most for the game. He shouldn't have gotten that Gatsby Question Right.