Last Call - LL87 deadline is October 28 - JboardLite rundle is open

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

This thread is just here as a PSA until the official LL87 thread shows up.

The deadline for registration and to join private rundles is just 7 days away. If you want to join a private rundle you will need the premier membership level ($50) or higher. If you need to upgrade, it theoretically could take a day or two to get processed, so the recruiting window is narrowed a bit.

The JboardLite rundle is entering it's 3rd season with LL87. We have 8 members so far, 5 boardies (including me) and 3 "others" (actually my arm-twisted sibs) registered so far. We had six of us last season and it was a pretty good ride with 3 different leaders and 13 lead changes, and was not settled until MD25.

JboardLite is nominally intended as a safe space from the brainiacs in the main Jboard rundle, and is nominally for C, D, and E level Llamas. If you are interested in participating, you may join the wait list immediately, or hopefully, you can persuade another boardie to join or bring on a non-boardie if you know one?

Any question, please feel free to PM me. I haven't been very attentive to screen time lately but will check regularly this next week.

The rundle name is : JboardLite
Password: AlexTrebek
Capitalization is important for both
Last edited by twelvefootboy on Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
twelvefootboy

Re: LL87 deadline is October 28 - JboardLite rundle is open

Post by twelvefootboy »

It is LL87 minus 5 days now :) .

The JboardLite roster has gained another player who is the odd man out if we don't get one more.

If we don't have another recruit, and IF the big room rundle winds up odd as well, I can volunteer some cannon fodder (payback to my older bro :)) to populate it and make a win-win-lose-but-don't-mind scenario. I'd actually be glad to take the beatings myself but I have to join the rundle I created. Rules, rules..

fyi - I have PM'd bosun with a reminder about deadlines, but his twelvefootboy filter is working as planned. Is that hard coded into the message board now??
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

Just to confirm, as there are a lot of rules to try to digest for a n00b, but the paid membership levels (and thus, participation in things like this private side game) are not available to rookies, correct?
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

mahatma wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:48 pm Just to confirm, as there are a lot of rules to try to digest for a n00b, but the paid membership levels (and thus, participation in things like this private side game) are not available to rookies, correct?
Correct
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by cmp146 »

twelvefootboy wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:32 pm It is LL87 minus 5 days now :) .

fyi - I have PM'd bosun with a reminder about deadlines, but his twelvefootboy filter is working as planned. Is that hard coded into the message board now??
I have also reminded him at the breakfast table. :-) Hopefully that filter was not operating at the time.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

The JboardLite rundle has nine players and we need another one! (or three?). LL Drop dead deadline is tomorrow midnight PDT, but anyone who needs a membership upgrade (to Premier, the $50 level) will need to get that done as well.

end of announcement

cmp146 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:01 pm
twelvefootboy wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:32 pm It is LL87 minus 5 days now :) .

I have also reminded him at the breakfast table. :-) Hopefully that filter was not operating at the time.
thanks ;)
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Last Call - LL87 deadline is October 28 - JboardLite rundle is open

Post by morbeedo »

I just joined the Jboard lite rundle - FWIW I bounce around between A and B rundles and sometimes C.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:33 pm I just joined the Jboard lite rundle - FWIW I bounce around between A and B rundles and sometimes C.
We have an even number! Don't worry about your superior intellect - we will dumb you down soon enough:).
classicroadster

Post by classicroadster »

twelvefootboy wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:35 pm
morbeedo wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:33 pm I just joined the Jboard lite rundle - FWIW I bounce around between A and B rundles and sometimes C.
We have an even number! Don't worry about your superior intellect - we will dumb you down soon enough:).
Oh goodie??
classicroadster

Post by classicroadster »

I get Morbeedo right out of the gate it appears....(praying for sports questions and no theater....)
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

classicroadster wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:40 am I get Morbeedo right out of the gate it appears....(praying for sports questions and no theater....)
Lol. Probably safe to assume my sports score won’t improve, unless he asks who just won the baseball thing
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

morbeedo wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:47 pm
classicroadster wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:40 am I get Morbeedo right out of the gate it appears....(praying for sports questions and no theater....)
Lol. Probably safe to assume my sports score won’t improve, unless he asks who just won the baseball thing
Wow, that happened quick :!: . I get morbeedo (no upper case !) the next day, so don't burn the science questions :).