Game Show Network to Air Jeopardy! Marathon Saturday

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Game Show Network to Air Jeopardy! Marathon Saturday

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Game Show Network announced that to celebrate Alex Trebek, they will be showing a Jeopardy! marathon on Saturday from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM Eastern. It is unknown what episodes they will show, as the TV listings do not show this, as of Tuesday, November 10, 2020 (as a result, I had to set recordings for all twelve of those time slots).
Source: https://twitter.com/GameShowNetwork/sta ... 9616911361
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Re: Game Show Network to Air Jeopardy! Marathon Saturday

Post by triviawayne »

Couldn’t you set one long recording? On my dvr i can set a manual recording to start and end at specific times
Total game show career losings = $171,522
gameshowfandanny

triviawayne wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:31 pm Couldn’t you set one long recording? On my dvr i can set a manual recording to start and end at specific times
As far as I know, my DVR doesn't do that. Also, while it's airing, I'll keep track in this thread what episodes are airing if the listings aren't updated before then. If they are updated before then, then I'll do it whenever I find out what the episodes are.
mujason

Post by mujason »

Also, on Friday night, MeTV is airing the "Mama's Family" and "Cheers" episodes that guest-starred Alex.
-Jason
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

triviawayne wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:31 pm Couldn’t you set one long recording? On my dvr i can set a manual recording to start and end at specific times
That could end up being a disadvantage if there's only one or two games you want to keep. Unless DVRs have lots more space these days. My memories from 10 years ago involve constantly trying to figure out what to get rid of. These days my DVR is my PC. I have a 6 TB hard drive and the ability to edit a long video to save the excerpts I care about. And the only TV I record is Jeopardy! and Bob's Burgers.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

opusthepenguin wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:21 am
That could end up being a disadvantage if there's only one or two games you want to keep. Unless DVRs have lots more space these days. My memories from 10 years ago involve constantly trying to figure out what to get rid of. These days my DVR is my PC. I have a 6 TB hard drive and the ability to edit a long video to save the excerpts I care about. And the only TV I record is Jeopardy! and Bob's Burgers.
I get that, but if you really want to keep anything from a DVR, you need to pull it off the DVR and save it in two or three places, just like any other electronic file; and if you have the equipment to pull something off the DVR you have the equipment to edit. Although some DVRs are now cloud based, so that might come in to play for some people.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
gameshowfandanny

I just checked and GSN's website lists Jeopardy! tomorrow from 9:00 AM-3:00 PM Eastern, just like they announced on social media. They do not list the original air dates of any of the 12 episodes they are showing, or the contestants. As of November 13, the TV listings haven't been updated yet, so if they are not updated by 9:00 AM Eastern tomorrow, then I will have to post the original air dates in this thread, while they are airing.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

The channel guide is still showing their regular programming on the schedule for tomorrow.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Watch or record. Guides updated or not. It's all Beatrice & Benedick although I'd love to be wrong and for games to air that would have danny stumped for airdates.
gameshowfandanny

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:33 pm Watch or record. Guides updated or not. It's all Beatrice & Benedick although I'd love to be wrong and for games to air that would have danny stumped for airdates.
Yeah, I was worried about them airing games that are not on the J! Archive because that would stump me with the original air dates, but if such an event occurs, then I'll list the contestants from that episode.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Anyway if you can't find it in the J! Archive it's already a must-record
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

With thanks to Chad Mosher, this post claims to know 11 of the 12 shows, none of them new to the J! Archive:
http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php/ ... 84134.html
gameshowfandanny

These are the 11 known episodes that the thread Robert K S linked to said they are airing. Two of them reran in their vault event and another reran to begin the GOAT encore event, and two others that used to be on Netflix and Hulu:
Greg/Lois/Frank (September 10, 1984, syndicated premiere, reran on July 20, 2020)
Greg [DAY 2]/Lynne/Paul (September 11, 1984, triple zero finish, reran on July 21, 2020)
Nancy [DAY 2]/Darryl/Kate (January 19, 1993, win with $1)
Doug/Bob/Brad (October 25, 2001, Brad Rutter's Tournament of Champions quarterfinal game)
Jerry [DAY 3]/Ken/Julia (June 2, 2004, Ken Jennings' first show, reran on May 4, 2020)
Ken [DAY 29]/Rich/Jennifer (July 12, 2004, Ken Jennings ties the then-one-day record of $52,000 for the second time)
Ken [DAY 30]/Irene/Max (July 13, 2004, Ken Jennings reaches $1 million)
Ken [DAY 31]/Greg/Darcy (July 14, 2004, Ken Jennings wins his 31st game)
Ken [DAY 57]/Graham/K.C. (October 14, 2004, Ken Jennings wins his 57th game, was on Netflix and Hulu)
Jennifer [DAY 2]/Jeff/Susannah (June 30, 2006)
Scott [DAY 3]/Jamey/Anders (March 16, 2007, three-way tie, was on Netflix and Hulu)
Last edited by gameshowfandanny on Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

We just saw the first two games. Five Ken games is a bit much. The 2006 game is rather random. One game of Brad is fine, but I don’t see why they picked that.

The $1 win and the three way tie were good choices for oddball games.

Overall, not a great lineup. I know they have no obligation to the archive but they could have chosen better. Odd no James games, but maybe there are rights issues with ones that recent.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:37 pm The 2006 game is rather random.
Susannah was one of the Best Ever Trivia Show experts.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Someone figured out that the last game is probably the second Watson game (third Watson show).
Fleeboy

Post by Fleeboy »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:37 pm One game of Brad is fine, but I don’t see why they picked that.

Nor do I.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

seaborgium wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:53 pm
Also, I think that episode might hold the record (for the 2005-06 season) for highest combined score between all three contestants before Final Jeopardy! (that's my best guess for why that episode was included).

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=1082
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Jeff-thecdboy wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:59 am
Also, I think that episode might hold the record (for the 2005-06 season) for highest combined score between all three contestants before Final Jeopardy! (that's my best guess for why that episode was included).

Jeff cost himself $27,200 that day by betting $4,000 too much on that last DD.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Jeff-thecdboy wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:59 am

The spectacular nature of the game certainly has to be a factor in why that episode was selected, but I have to think that it was considered in the first place because one of their BETS/Masterminds employees was involved in it. (I suspect that's the best pre-FJ score of GSN's in-house trivia experts not named Ken.)