Fun with ABC's "The Chase" [Spoilers]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Re: Fun with ABC's "The Chase" [Spoilers]

Post by seaborgium »

Today's double feature only gave us one former J! player: Gonzalo Rufatt.

The last time we had two episodes in one night it was two extremes, with all three getting eliminated before the final chase, then the next three winning big. Tonight
Spoiler
it was a milder version of that, with one player making it to the final chase and losing, and then two players, including Gonzalo, splitting $100,000.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

seaborgium wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:56 am Today's double feature only gave us one former J! player: Gonzalo Rufatt.

The last time we had two episodes in one night it was two extremes, with all three getting eliminated before the final chase, then the next three winning big. Tonight
Spoiler
it was a milder version of that, with one player making it to the final chase and losing, and then two players, including Gonzalo, splitting $100,000.
Christi Beard is a J! alum as well.
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Post by Rackme32 »

There was a question at some point during last night's Chaseathon regarding college basketball's Final Four. It asked what city held it every year.

Um, er.... It moves every year.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Rackme32 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:27 pm There was a question at some point during last night's Chaseathon regarding college basketball's Final Four. It asked what city held it every year.

Yeah, I was wondering what they were asking with that question (and it hasn't been in St. Louis since 2005).
cf1140
Not Jeopardy! Material

Post by cf1140 »

econgator wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:31 pm
Rackme32 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:27 pm There was a question at some point during last night's Chaseathon regarding college basketball's Final Four. It asked what city held it every year.

Yeah, I was wondering what they were asking with that question (and it hasn't been in St. Louis since 2005).
The question was about "Arch Madness," not "March Madness"
davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by davey »

cf1140 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:06 pm

That's pretty funny...thanks for clearing that up...
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

barandall800 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:55 pm
seaborgium wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:56 am Today's double feature only gave us one former J! player: Gonzalo Rufatt.

Spoiler
Christi Beard is a J! alum as well.
Serves me right for searching her full name as given on the DGE Press site. Thanks!
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

cf1140 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:06 pm

Ahhh. Never heard of Arch Madness, so my brain must've just made it "March".
clt013
J! and SJ! Pool Participant

Post by clt013 »

Arch Madness is the Missouri Valley Conference men's basketball tournament - it's been held in St. Louis since 1991 (my freshman year at one of the league member schools).
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

First player on tonight's second episode is, I think, Terri Pous. She earned $70,000 in the cash builder. Up against Ken Jennings, she played a perfect run down the board to keep her cash builder money, and missed out on his higher offer of $175,000. Her two teammates also beat Ken handily and likewise missed out on bigger offers. The trio ended up taking home $200,000.
cf1140
Not Jeopardy! Material

Post by cf1140 »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:02 pm
DirtyKash wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:10 pm Is it normal that Brad Rutter hasn't been the Chaser in a very long time? 13 episodes into season 2 and I can only remember him being Chaser twice. What's going on?
Think of it like a split season the way ABC has been doing it. The first half was 10 episodes. With four guys that is two for each and a third game for two of the guys? Brad was a 2 instead of a 3.

The second half of the season begins. No casual viewer of the show remembers or cares the spread and split from Eps. 1-10 airing prior to the holidays.

Fresh start and James is up since it's a good episode. Next up is the Beast since ABC wants to remind viewers he is a chaser now. Next up is Ken since the show does not seem to like contestants losing three in a row.

1/26 is a Ken rerun.

Is the season 18 episodes? If so, I would expect to see Brad in 2 of the last 5. He lost the GOAT and in no way does he exceed the reputation of Mark even though he is new this season. Brad plays 4 overall, but is paid for all of the episodes. It's all good by the end.
Brad likely met Jon before, that might be a reason we didn't see him as Chaser for that episode.
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

Robert K S wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:03 pm First player on tonight's second episode is, I think, Terri Pous.
Definitely her.
In and out of the pool four times
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

bkellysky
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bkellysky »

First question for James on Wed Feb 16, first show. Said the last time all humans were on Earth (none in space) was November 2000. After that, the International Space Station has been continuously occupied.
From Wikipedia:
The first ISS component was launched in 1998, and the first long-term residents arrived on 2 November 2000 after being launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome on 31 October 2000. The station has since been continuously occupied for 21 years and 109 days,
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Ironhorse wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:49 pm This is James: https://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7008
He was on Terri's winning team?
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

Robert K S wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:26 pm
Ironhorse wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:49 pm This is James: https://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7008
He was on Terri's winning team?
This is based on a posting he made on the LL message board mentioning he was on the show in 2010.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Wednesday's teams as named on dgepress.com were Cheryl Stokes, Erik Kazana, and Lauren Slakter; and Terri Pous, James D. Brown, and Jon Laubinger.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

bkellysky wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:27 pm First question for James on Wed Feb 16, first show. Said the last time all humans were on Earth (none in space) was November 2000. After that, the International Space Station has been continuously occupied.
From Wikipedia:
The first ISS component was launched in 1998, and the first long-term residents arrived on 2 November 2000 after being launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome on 31 October 2000. The station has since been continuously occupied for 21 years and 109 days,
The question referred to all humans living on Earth. Presumably, they were counting the in-transit astronauts as still being Earth residents on November 1.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

An article in my news feed says Ken Jennings and Mark Labbett are out on The Chase. Three new chasers being added, including Buzzy Cohen. Other new chasers are Brandon Blackwell and Victoria Groce. James and Brad are still there.

I’m not familiar with this source but assuming it’s legit then congrats to Buzzy.

https://tvline.com/2022/03/15/the-chase ... bbett-out/
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

MattKnowles wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:40 pm An article in my news feed says Ken Jennings and Mark Labbett are out on The Chase. Three new chasers being added, including Buzzy Cohen. Other new chasers are Brandon Blackwell and Victoria Groce. James and Brad are still there.

I’m not familiar with this source but assuming it’s legit then congrats to Buzzy.

https://tvline.com/2022/03/15/the-chase ... bbett-out/
More J! alums, nice.