Fun with ABC's "The Chase" [Spoilers]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: Fun with ABC's "The Chase" [Spoilers]

Post by alietr »

AntmanB wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:23 pm No Episode in the US this week in favor of a ABC Special new Report regarding the events in Afghanistan this past week. Interestingly enough Its still airing in canada.
Raynell Cooper next week!
lstone19
Valued Contributor

Post by lstone19 »

AntmanB wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:23 pm No Episode in the US this week in favor of a ABC Special new Report regarding the events in Afghanistan this past week. Interestingly enough Its still airing in canada.
And then 30 minutes later, they’re showing a rerun rather than the scheduled new episode.
Last edited by lstone19 on Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AntmanB
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by AntmanB »

lstone19 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:46 pm
And then 30 minutes later, they’ll showing a rerun rather than the scheduled new episode.
ok good, i saw it started airing after i deleted the recording so i was pissed but i see its the one with the big win. so i guess it will air next week. so like Millionares 3 hours, it will delay the season end by a week. at least it wasnt 3 weeks like millionaire was.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

alietr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:41 pm
Glad they got back to one of the two people who ended up being alternates at the taping day that produced the January 14 game and the first of the March 4 games...

Speaking of that latter game, I just noticed James Brown hasn't had his J! bio updated with his Chase appearance.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

seaborgium wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:15 am
alietr wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:41 pm
Glad they got back to one of the two people who ended up being alternates at the taping day that produced the January 14 game and the first of the March 4 games...

Speaking of that latter game, I just noticed James Brown hasn't had his J! bio updated with his Chase appearance.
Doesn't look like I did Elliot Yates either.

Was James the one where his team flamed out and he was selected to play?

I did not do Elliot Yates for his appearance either. I remember he won and I'l think all three played? What did they split?
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

What the @*#%!?!?

Are you @*#%ing kidding me? Why ABC, why?
Douglas Squasoni
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:36 am Was James the one where his team flamed out and he was selected to play?

I did not do Elliot Yates for his appearance either. I remember he won and I'l think all three played? What did they split?
Yes on James; Elliot's team split $290,000 three ways.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

seaborgium wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:43 am
MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:36 am Was James the one where his team flamed out and he was selected to play?

Yes on James; Elliot's team split $290,000 three ways.
Done and done, thanks.
The Talking Mime

Post by The Talking Mime »

Strange, the episode was available on CityTv's website this morning, where I was able to watch it, but looking up the episode now, they've taken it down. I was going to post a link on the odd chance some of you in America could access it, but I guess that's a no go.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."
-Bertrand Russell
bluejaylink
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bluejaylink »

The Talking Mime wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:06 pm
Strange, the episode was available on CityTv's website this morning, where I was able to watch it, but looking up the episode now, they've taken it down. I was going to post a link on the odd chance some of you in America could access it, but I guess that's a no go.
I have satellite tv and actually watched the episode last night on ABC (I'm in Canada). So weird.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Ken was off in this game, and the contestants really only took advantage in the most passive sense of the phrase—they were advantaged more than they took advantage. $95,000 (which included a player who had earned $50,000 opting for $5,000) is a disappointing amount for a team of three to win in the Final Chase, but kudos to them for doing it. Nilla Sivakumar, who lost to Jason Zuffranieri*, and 2016 College Championship wildcard semifinalist Ziad Ali were the J! alumni on the team tonight.

*I thought it would be funny if Nilla's portion of tonight's winnings happened to be less than what Jason won against her, but his victory was worth $18,800 in that game.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

seaborgium wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:19 am Ken was off in this game, and the contestants really only took advantage in the most passive sense of the phrase—they were advantaged more than they took advantage. $95,000 (which included a player who had earned $50,000 opting for $5,000) is a disappointing amount for a team of three to win in the Final Chase, but kudos to them for doing it. Nilla Sivakumar, who lost to Jason Zuffranieri, and 2016 College Championship wildcard semifinalist Ziad Ali were the J! alumni on the team tonight.
Ken can't be host of J! as he assaulted a bidet-loving contestant with the threat of "beating the crap out of him". :lol:

Ken off in this game is being nice. He was closer to awful. Can he not handle Sara's Q reading? The verbal jabs at the players were not proper zingers and closer to mean. It was like Ken had just heard he was not going to be J! host or had lost out on the chance to guest host two more weeks. This episode did not work.

For the J! player pages I gave them the benefit of a penny with $31,667. Do we know if I should switch it to $31,666?

On The Brady Bunch the kids split a $20 reward for finding a lost wallet and Mike claimed the extra two cents before Carol put in a claim for one of the pennies.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Come on Ken! Culinary Institute of America.

What the heck was Ziad talking about? What the heck is a boday?

Honestly thought Tom Brady won 5 Super Bowls. I guess it was 5 with the Patriots and 2 with another team? Or is my head still in 2016.
Douglas Squasoni
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:58 am
bidet

Zero hits in the J-Archive for that word, I guess the show has never felt like referencing that particular fixture. Toilet has 72 hits, however.
Leander

Post by Leander »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:58 am Come on Ken! Culinary Institute of America.

Honestly thought Tom Brady won 5 Super Bowls. I guess it was 5 with the Patriots and 2 with another team? Or is my head still in 2016.
6 wins with New England, 1 (this year) with Tampa Bay.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

What was the Bob Harris mention?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

alietr wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:54 am What was the Bob Harris mention?
Prisoner of Trebekistan is a book written by former contestant

Nilla - Ken Jennings!

The Q if finished was only going for Jeopardy!.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

On his podcast, Ken does regular ads for bidet attachments you can put on your toilet.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

When looking up the Trebekistan wording I was reminded of Ken not knowing what the line over Roman numerals meant. That was the one that really shocked me as I thought that was a grade school nugget and Ken of course has shown amazing Roman numerals work on J! over the years.

And on the potential pushback Nilla seemed very dismissive of Stephanie who knew the right answer.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:12 am When looking up the Trebekistan wording I was reminded of Ken not knowing what the line over Roman numerals meant. That was the one that really shocked me as I thought that was a grade school nugget and Ken of course has shown amazing Roman numerals work on J! over the years.

And on the potential pushback Nilla seemed very dismissive of Stephanie who knew the right answer.
Other than pinball machine and Roman numerals, I missed all the same ones as Ken.