Jeopardy! Interim Host Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

tddeveryday
DIY Problem Solver

Re: Jeopardy! Interim Host Thread

Post by tddeveryday »

I want to see Dana Delany guest host. She's clearly a fan of the show.
My lucky numbers are 6, 66, and 666.
tddeveryday
DIY Problem Solver

Post by tddeveryday »

More guest host ideas: Dave Chappelle and Harry. Bring him out of retirement for this.
My lucky numbers are 6, 66, and 666.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

ksuc wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:19 am Also don't forget Shepard Smith.
I think Shep would be good. He seems like a pretty sharp cookie.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

ksuc wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:19 am This is a late response, I believe someone before me must have stated it earlier: I need more diverse roster of guest hosts. We've seen journalists/anchors of major news networks: CBS, NBC, and CNN – I need more of ABC, MSNBC, and FOX News. I completely understand this will bring political controversies, and I am far from being independent/non-partisan at all, but I believe many many talented anchors on those three networks should be explored as well.

My personal nominations:
ABC is for David Muir or Martha Raddatz.
MSNBC is for Brian Williams or Joy Reid.
FOX News is for Bret Baier or Martha McCallum. (personally think Maria Bartiromo is also an excellent host too, if you ignore all the controversies)
Also don't forget Shepard Smith.
I don't have a favorite for ABC. I think Lester Holt might do a credible job representing NBC. I could live with Baier or McCallum. For MSNBC, though, I'd have to suggest Nicole Wallace. Steve Kornacki might be interesting -- and exhausting.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
bomtr
Just a Man Like Any Other

Post by bomtr »

Christopher Walken, John Malkovich (you may have seen him read to children on SNL), Jemaine Clement, and the ghost of Alan Rickman. Make me happy.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and GLaDOS.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
Leander
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Leander »

ksuc wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:19 am This is a late response, I believe someone before me must have stated it earlier: I need more diverse roster of guest hosts. We've seen journalists/anchors of major news networks: CBS, NBC, and CNN – I need more of ABC, MSNBC, and FOX News. I completely understand this will bring political controversies, and I am far from being independent/non-partisan at all, but I believe many many talented anchors on those three networks should be explored as well.

My personal nominations:
ABC is for David Muir or Martha Raddatz.
MSNBC is for Brian Williams or Joy Reid.
FOX News is for Bret Baier or Martha McCallum. (personally think Maria Bartiromo is also an excellent host too, if you ignore all the controversies)
Also don't forget Shepard Smith.
I don’t disagree, and it’s fun to create a list, but

We don’t know who they approached, or who expressed interest
If approached, maybe they weren’t interested
Even if interested, they’d have to take time off from their day job and fly to LA which might not have been possible. Nor sure what Couric is doing now, but I didn’t think she or Whitaker has a 5 day a week job.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Not saying invite Sean Hannity, but a media personality perceived as right leaning might have deflected some of the griping about Couric.

So far I am meh on her. She is getting the job done but I don’t want her to be the permanent host. I do think she did better as the week went on.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

How it started:

How it's going:
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

I know some don't like her, but I think Katie Couric is doing just fine. I like the job she is doing much better than Ken or Mike, and I think if she had the permanent spot, she would just keep getting better.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
booboo9921
Valued Contributor

Post by booboo9921 »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:57 pm
Bamaman wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:28 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:00 pm In the background of the tweet picture with Katie standing up, is that a down-type insulated jacket? Even in January is that needed in the Los Angeles area?

These upcoming two weeks of games should go along fine without too many extremes of reactions and comments of Katie needing to be the permanent host or being terrible.

The weeks starting March 22nd though...
I guess you haven’t seen the Jeopardy Facebook page if you think there aren’t many reactions about her hosting.

I think she will be fine as host. She was speaking a little slowly in her interview but people were worried about Ken being slow based on a handful of clues he read right before Alex died but he picked up the pace once he was behind the big lecturn.

I agree with RKS it was nice she made her charity personal with her sister and husband.

And even if she (or any of the others) are horrible, it is only ten shows.
When I made the post I was thinking more JBoard and Reddit and not J!'s Facebook which I don't look at. On Facebook I do look at the J! players group and I don't expect Katie Couric to make much of a stir either way.

In the wild west of social media sites negativity will run amok the rest of the season no matter who is hosting and that includes for the online anointed one LeVar Burton if he even gets a sniff of the studio.

After my post I did check Reddit to see the range of anti-Katie posts that were allowed to stay.

Yes, it's only 10 games and as we learned with Mike's weeks it does go by quickly. Fingers crossed for me that there is no contestant Katie on tap for host Katie's games. what is the name of said fb group?
goongas

Post by goongas »

triviawayne wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:11 am I know some don't like her, but I think Katie Couric is doing just fine. I like the job she is doing much better than Ken or Mike, and I think if she had the permanent spot, she would just keep getting better.
I would rank them so far: Katie, Mike, Ken
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

booboo9921 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:40 am
MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:00 pm In the background of the tweet picture with Katie standing up, is that a down-type insulated jacket? Even in January is that needed in the Los Angeles area?

These upcoming two weeks of games should go along fine without too many extremes of reactions and comments of Katie needing to be the permanent host or being terrible.

I guess you haven’t seen the Jeopardy Facebook page if you think there aren’t many reactions about her hosting.

I think she will be fine as host. She was speaking a little slowly in her interview but people were worried about Ken being slow based on a handful of clues he read right before Alex died but he picked up the pace once he was behind the big lecturn.

I agree with RKS it was nice she made her charity personal with her sister and husband.

When I made the post I was thinking more JBoard and Reddit and not J!'s Facebook which I don't look at. On Facebook I do look at the J! players group and I don't expect Katie Couric to make much of a stir either way.

In the wild west of social media sites negativity will run amok the rest of the season no matter who is hosting and that includes for the online anointed one LeVar Burton if he even gets a sniff of the studio.

After my post I did check Reddit to see the range of anti-Katie posts that were allowed to stay.

Yes, it's only 10 games and as we learned with Mike's weeks it does go by quickly. Fingers crossed for me that there is no contestant Katie on tap for host Katie's games. what is the name of said fb group?
Not a group. Just the official Jeopardy Facebook page. Probably won’t get much better with Dr. Oz.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I looked through the Jeopardy FB page a couple of nights ago and I was amused by the fact that of the people complaining about Katie Couric who weren't decrying her politics, half said she had no personality, and the other half said they were tired of her making the show about her by injecting her personality into it at every opportunity.
booboo9921
Valued Contributor

Post by booboo9921 »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:46 pm
booboo9921 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:40 am

Not a group. Just the official Jeopardy Facebook page. Probably won’t get much better with Dr. Oz.
oops, i think i posted in the wrong thread, (I know Mark has mentioned a jeopardy players facebook group in other threads.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

So many quotes I'm not even sure what's being discussed. I will clarify that there is a group on Facebook limited to those who have appeared on the show. Posts have to be approved (or at least mine do) and the mods run a tight ship for admittance. There will be no disrespecting contestants there.
booboo9921
Valued Contributor

Post by booboo9921 »

is rachael schwartz a member by any chance I'm trying to find her on fb.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Just to make it clear, I was referring to the Jeopardy Facebook page. It doesn’t appear to be moderated at all. Glad to hear the players-only page runs a tight ship. Hope to be able to check it out one day.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

https://www.clickondetroit.com/entertai ... -jeopardy/

A quick Q&A with Dr. Oz before he hosts the show. He talks a lot about his friendship with Alex and what he thought about him.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Weird that video would go to a local outlet and not to one of the show's social media pages