Jeopardy! Interim Host Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: Jeopardy! Interim Host Thread

Post by alietr »

Robert K S wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:59 pm Somebody on the J! staff doesn't like that Mayim picks her own outfits.

My 97-year-old great aunt likewise expressed to me her dissatisfaction with Bialik's sartorial choices and wanted to know what the J! mailing address was so that she could make said dissatisfaction more directly known.
OK, maybe their choices got a little too edgy ... (unhide if you dare)
Spoiler
Mayim.png
Mayim.png (253.09 KiB) Viewed 5009 times
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Robert K S wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:59 pm Somebody on the J! staff doesn't like that Mayim picks her own outfits.

My 97-year-old great aunt likewise expressed to me her dissatisfaction with Bialik's sartorial choices and wanted to know what the J! mailing address was so that she could make said dissatisfaction more directly known.
My wife has likewise been less than impressed with many of Mayim's choices, though to be fair she has also expressed great satisfaction with a few.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Woof wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:20 pm

My wife has likewise been less than impressed with many of Mayim's choices, though to be fair she has also expressed great satisfaction with a few.
On the other hand: suit, shirt, tie. GEE, THAT'S ORIGINAL.

And...what, did the staff also pick out Alex's ties? As long as it doesn't break the chromakey or go funky moire (which she probably also knows about) ... :roll:
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Volante wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:14 pm did the staff also pick out Alex's ties?
I appreciate the point you're trying to make, but yeah, Alex did have a costumer, and his ties were provided as part of wardrobe, for many years as part of a sponsorship deal with Mr. Guy or Perry Ellis. I have one of his Perry Ellis ties that the Jeopardy! Store gave away as part of a promotion some years ago.

I would venture it's pretty unusual for national-TV game show hosts to costume themselves.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

alietr wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:05 pm

OK, maybe their choices got a little too edgy ... (unhide if you dare)
Spoiler
Mayim.png
Robert might not want to let his aunt see that if he wants her to make 98.
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi

Post by cinemaniax7 »

TheTabbyWhisperer
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by TheTabbyWhisperer »

Volante wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:14 pm

On the other hand: suit, shirt, tie. GEE, THAT'S ORIGINAL.

And...what, did the staff also pick out Alex's ties? As long as it doesn't break the chromakey or go funky moire (which she probably also knows about) ... :roll:
I think Buzzy showed that a suit, shirt and tie don't have to be boring and unoriginal.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Same in my house. In addition to her clothing choices in general my wife is offended that she chooses to wear flat shoes.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:41 pm

Same in my house. In addition to her clothing choices in general my wife is offended that she chooses to wear flat shoes.
I would think the shoes are a comfort choice due to standing for five shows per tape day.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

triviawayne wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:38 pm
This Is Kirk! wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:41 pm

I would think the shoes are a comfort choice due to standing for five shows per tape day.
Of course, but in her opinion it's an inexcusable choice. It would be like Alex or Ken hosting without a tie or jacket.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

When is an announcement expected?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Trying to imagine your reaction if he tossed his hat in the ring right before his episodes aired and they got bumped in your area.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Looks like Ken and Mayim will be with us through the end of S38.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

econgator wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:34 pm Looks like Ken and Mayim will be with us through the end of S38.
Here is the announcement:
12/8/21 – We are delighted to let you know that Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings will continue to share hosting duties through the end of Jeopardy! Season 38, and Michael Davies will remain as executive producer. We’re so pleased to have such an excellent and experienced team in front of and behind the camera as we head into 2022!
Ditto Twitter:

floridagator
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by floridagator »

I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.
Perv Griffin
Contributor

Post by Perv Griffin »

I'm truly trying to keep an open mind and give her ample time to grow into the role, but Mayim just isn't a very good fit in my opinion.
Anachronism
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Anachronism »

Since that's our area, I'll point out that Jeopardy! airs on the local CBS station. The Fox station is VHF, so most people can't even get it over the air, but cable companies still carry it. Glad he didn't get the gig, though. Somehow, I think his Senate bid will similarly underwhelm.

I'm finding Ken has grown on me as a host. Mayim was my favorite of the guests, so I'm happy with her, too. One of the few times these days that life seems to have worked out. Though I'm not a fan of the decreased competition, which leads to these long champion runs. They're going to need two-day champs in the TOC if they don't go back to the old methods. The professor tournament was just embarrassing.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Anachronism wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:49 pm
Since that's our area, I'll point out that Jeopardy! airs on the local CBS station. The Fox station is VHF, so most people can't even get it over the air, but cable companies still carry it. Glad he didn't get the gig, though. Somehow, I think his Senate bid will similarly underwhelm.

I'm finding Ken has grown on me as a host. Mayim was my favorite of the guests, so I'm happy with her, too. One of the few times these days that life seems to have worked out. Though I'm not a fan of the decreased competition, which leads to these long champion runs. They're going to need two-day champs in the TOC if they don't go back to the old methods. The professor tournament was just embarrassing.
Well, fine... (language warning at link)

https://www.salon.com/2021/12/29/dr-oz- ... -reporter/
Dr. Mehmet Oz and his wife Lisa were overheard by a journalist describing her as a "******* girl reporter" after they failed to hang up successfully while trying to duck her phone calls.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)