When can we expect the next round of testing?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BrigadierSolo13
Double Double Machine

When can we expect the next round of testing?

Post by BrigadierSolo13 »

It will have been exactly a year since the Anytime Test was available on February 18th, which is about a week from now. (I know this because I took it on the very first day available and it was 02/18/2020) Since that date is fast approaching, I have a couple of questions:

Are we to assume that Scheduled Tests are a thing of the past? The jeopardy.com FAQs do not explicitly rule that out, but it has been over a year now since the scheduled test dates of Jan 28 - 30. They also mention the nugget if a Scheduled Test occurs in the same yearly period as an Anytime Test, that we may take both.

Should those of us who took the Anytime Test early on in the release take it again if a year has passed? Again, the FAQs state that you may take another test if 365 days have elapsed, but it does also mention "another Anytime Test period". Am I to assume now that there will be a separate block of testing/questions this year?

I'm sure you are all as in the dark as I am, but any thoughts on the subject are welcome.
talkingaway
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: When can we expect the next round of testing?

Post by talkingaway »

I took the anytime test right at the start of when it was offered (three times IIRC, but I could be off by one in either direction), and "bailed" each time because I didn't project that my score would beat the "regular" test that I took on 1/28-1/30.

Since the last time I was allowed to take the anytime test, whenever I click on the anytime test, I've gotten a message saying:

You may be ineligible, have already taken this test within the past year, or have attempted to take the test too many times.

I don't know which of the last two applies to me, but it's probably the latter. I don't know when exactly the "too many times" gets lifted - I assume they refresh or augment the clue bank at some point.

I imagine that scheduled tests may not happen anymore, if they feel that the anytime test isn't crackable. Frankly, I sort of think it is crackable. I'm absolutely certain that in the 100-200 clues I saw, there were at least 5 to 10 repeats (on different tests). But, having taken it at the start, I took it when the clue bank would have been at its shallowest. I think I guessed that you might be getting a random sample of 50 clues out of a bank of 500.

On the other hand, I think there's instructions that you can't share the clues, like you can for the regular tests. If someone put their Anytime Test up on YouTube, I imagine J! would smack them with a copyright violation (or whatever it's called - DMR? I'm blanking on the term).

My outlook has always been - if the system lets me play, I'll play. If I get a (zoom or in-person) audition, and they say stop for 18 months, I'll do exactly that.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

talkingaway wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:55 pm (or whatever it's called - DMR? I'm blanking on the term).
DRM -- digital rights management
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

econgator wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:19 pm
talkingaway wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:55 pm (or whatever it's called - DMR? I'm blanking on the term).
DMCA - Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:06 pm
econgator wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:19 pm
DMCA - Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Oh yeah, that. I just saw DMR and made a bad assumption.
BrigadierSolo13
Double Double Machine

Post by BrigadierSolo13 »

Just wanted everyone to know that I am indeed able to take the Anytime Test again as it has been 365 days since my first test. I'm going to study up a bit more and then have at it soon.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

So has there been an official announcement to the effect that the Anytime Test has replaced annual testing?
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Woof wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:54 am So has there been an official announcement to the effect that the Anytime Test has replaced annual testing?
I think so! Anytime test is here to stay.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

morbeedo wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:21 pm
Woof wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:54 am So has there been an official announcement to the effect that the Anytime Test has replaced annual testing?
I think so! Anytime test is here to stay.
agreed, there is no reason to go back to once a year.

Now what I'm wondering about is are Zoom auditions here to stay. There is good reason for meeting potential contestants in person (when we get to our new normal lives), but there are good budgetary reasons to stick with what they're doing right now.
Total game show career losings = $171,522