Monday, March 1, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TenPoundHammer

Re: Monday, March 1, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by TenPoundHammer »

DBear wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:37 pm I've long thought that pangram should be replaced by the more elegant "Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz".
Back in the 1990s, I would sometimes muck around in the System Folder on my old Mac. I found that if you opened up any of the fonts, it would display the sentence "How razorback jumping frogs can level six piqued gymnasts" in that font.
Category 13
Wagering Viking

Post by Category 13 »

This Is Kirk! wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:
This Is Kirk! wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote: To the contestants who did not get the John Young & Robert Crippen visual clue: Did you see what they were holding? Are video clues that tough in the studio? So strange.
That one blew my mind. Someone should have gotten that one even without the photo.
After reading more comments around the web I'm seeing some justification about players perhaps being unsure about which Shuttle mission. Throw in nothing to read and perhaps it's enough to cause problems for some.
I'm a bit of a space nut, but Young and Crippen should be pavlovian for the first Shuttle mission, IMO.
Perhaps the players thought they were looking for the specific shuttle namesake. I momentarily thought that, but it wouldn't have been a problem for me to come up with Columbia.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Category 13 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:24 am Perhaps the players thought they were looking for the specific shuttle namesake. I momentarily thought that, but it wouldn't have been a problem for me to come up with Columbia.
Good point. I didn't really think about that.
rockyboy34
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by rockyboy34 »

I had “French Polynesia” for FJ! Would they have accepted my hat one? I’m not too sure. Good show overall.

7/10 (B)
It's the end of the journey that counts.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

56 R (Missed National Recording Registry $2000, 1984 TV Show Debuts $1200 and $2000, and Bartlett's Quotations $1200.)
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
LT: Lo & Behold, Space Shuttle, (CIA), Roughing It, Cargo Cults, Syrian Criterion
Douglas Squasoni