Monday, March 8, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: Monday, March 8, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by AFRET CMS »

slam wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:43 am Did I miss it or did nobody post anything about the meaning of "The Cake is a Lie"? Anyway, the source is the video game Portal. I've never played it, but it was popular with my then-teen age sons about a decade or so ago. Portal also possibly had the best end song of any video game, "Still Alive" by Jonathon Coulton.

I think I noticed a little smile on Justin's face when he seemed to rush to the category. I suspect he was aware of the reference.
I alluded to it in my post on page two of this thread.

As a side note, if you've not played Portal or Portal 2, they are terrific games. No "shoot-em-up," no combat, lots of puzzle solving. And in Portal 2, Steven Merchant and J.K. Simmons provide outstanding voice-over performances as game characters. The games are very clever and the dialog can be quite funny.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
slam
Auditioning Since 1985

Re: Monday, March 8, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by slam »

AFRET CMS wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:48 pm
slam wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:43 am Did I miss it or did nobody post anything about the meaning of "The Cake is a Lie"? Anyway, the source is the video game Portal. I've never played it, but it was popular with my then-teen age sons about a decade or so ago. Portal also possibly had the best end song of any video game, "Still Alive" by Jonathon Coulton.

I think I noticed a little smile on Justin's face when he seemed to rush to the category. I suspect he was aware of the reference.
I alluded to it in my post on page two of this thread.

As a side note, if you've not played Portal or Portal 2, they are terrific games. No "shoot-em-up," no combat, lots of puzzle solving. And in Portal 2, Steven Merchant and J.K. Simmons provide outstanding voice-over performances as game characters. The games are very clever and the dialog can be quite funny.
So you did. That's what happens when I show up late to the party. :(