How Did Ken Do as Host?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Rate Ken Jennings on a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is best

1%
No votes
1%
1%
3%
No votes
13%
42%
31%
8%

Total votes: 77

alietr
Site Admin

How Did Ken Do as Host?

Post by alietr »

How do you think Ken did as host?

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: How Did Ken Do as Host?

Post by MarkBarrett »

After Katie's weeks are over run a poll with all the permutations of the three guest hosts in ranking order.

As of today I'm thinking I would go Ke-Ka-M.

finishemzoe
Valued Contributor

Post by finishemzoe »

8/10 for me, he stumbled on some words a few times and was a little shaky and visibly nervous but he started feeling a lot more like the natural host by the end of it. not perfect but very strong for only six weeks on the job. i feel pretty sold on him.
Call me Zoe. Or Zebra.

"I was just a lonely girl in the eyes of my inner child." - SOPHIE (R.I.P), trans rights.

JEOPARDY! LEADERBOARD HERE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... mYjSS0weM/

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:16 am
After Katie's weeks are over run a poll with all the permutations of the three guest hosts in ranking order.

As of today I'm thinking I would go Ke-Ka-M.
I’m thinking of putting together a megapoll at the end of the season to rank all of them.

I gave Ken an eight. He started slowly but was great once he got going. Playing over a hundred games certainly helped him as a host. I did think thanking Alex at the end of the show got old after a while.

TenPoundHammer
Otters are meant to swim

Post by TenPoundHammer »

9. He just seems like such a natural progression, and he has the reverence for the job. He clearly warmed up fast to overcome his lack of frontman experience.
Ten Pound Hammer

This space for rent

QuizGeek75
Valued Contributor

Post by QuizGeek75 »

I can't blame him for being nervous during his first week since we couldn't get over the fact that Alex Trebek is no longer with us, but as time went on, he definitely started to feel more comfortable with the role and I would fully support him as the new host since he's had 15 years of experience as a contestant, so he knows how nerve racking it is to play the game.
Just a person who loves game shows.

DBear
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by DBear »

What makes KJ an effective host is that he knows the material and can seamlessly figure what the contestant was going for and rule accordingly. MR can do that to a lesser extent, but I don't see the celeb guest hosts able to do that at all.

ksuc

Post by ksuc »

I enjoy Ken's as a host, but I strongly oppose former contestants as future hosts.