Friday, March 26, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

cheezguyty
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Friday, March 26, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by cheezguyty »

Volante wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:33 pm
Woppy T wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:45 pm
Volante wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:26 am
nserven wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:35 am During the interviews, when Oz said Susan's hometown of Portland, Maine was "a stone's throw" from Paul's hometown of Portsmouth, Rhode Island, I wondered if he was confusing it with the much-closer Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

I got FJ but am a little surprised nobody guessed John C. Fremont.
I mean, depends who's throwing the stone? Hafthor Bjornsson could probably cover that distance.

Wonder which two different hometowns in the same game were the closest? Added difficulty: which three?
Probably a recent show with 3 contestants all from L.A. area towns?
Ahh, but lately they've been using originally from, not currently in.
This game from Season 3 featured contestants from Studio City, Sunland, and Van Nuys.

Outside of L.A., there are a handful of games where a contestant from D.C. went against someone from Silver Spring, MD, including this 1996 episode where the third player was from northern Maryland.

As for the most spread-out trio of contestants (and ignoring anywhere outside of North America), the best that I can find is Show #4554, with contestants from East Rockaway, NY; Waipahu, HI; and Los Angeles. Within the lower 48, Show #8179 had players from San Francisco, Boston, and Austin.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: Friday, March 26, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Volante »

cheezguyty wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:15 am ...snip
This game from Season 3 featured contestants from Studio City, Sunland, and Van Nuys.

Outside of L.A., there are a handful of games where a contestant from D.C. went against someone from Silver Spring, MD, including this 1996 episode where the third player was from northern Maryland.

As for the most spread-out trio of contestants (and ignoring anywhere outside of North America), the best that I can find is Show #4554, with contestants from East Rockaway, NY; Waipahu, HI; and Los Angeles. Within the lower 48, Show #8179 had players from San Francisco, Boston, and Austin.
Ooh, nice cluster on that MD find.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)