Tuesday, April 6, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by opusthepenguin »

jeff6286 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:30 pm
You're getting a bit near TPH level with this. You missed a Final, it's not the end of the world, you don't have to make a federal case out of it in attempting to justify why you missed it and how anyone could possibly get it right with this horrifying "a" vs "the" word choice. One post about it felt quite sufficient, now we're at 11 and counting.
It's always hardest to tell when you're the one who's being unreasonable, isn't it?
Golf
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Golf »

I was preparing to board a flight today when the following announcement was made, “The first class cabin has checked in full.” I was not flying first class, I sat in the main cabin.
davey

Post by davey »

floridagator wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:17 pm
davey wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:06 pm
This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:48 pm
floridagator wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:24 pm It couldn't have been sweltering from the climate. They had a roaring fire going in the fireplace. When FDR stroked out, he was thrust forward into the fireplace and his head was roasted like a peanut.
That's a mental image I could live without.
I don't believe it's true, either. FDR wasn't alone when he was stricken. His portrait was being painted at the time.
He wasn't alone at The Retreat. He was alone in the room at the time.
If you're going to claim something obscure maybe you could give a source? What I read says he was not alone in the room.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

opusthepenguin wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:12 pm
AFRET CMS wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 pm
This Is Kirk! wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:23 pm I'm embarrassed to admit I never made the connection between "cabin" and Air Force One.
I made it as far as thinking, "Hmm, what if they don't mean a dwelling kind of cabin? Did any anyone take the oath while on a ship?"

Didn't get to an aircraft,
Remind me what your avatar means? :lol:
The biplanes didn't have cabins........
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

davey wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:20 pm
floridagator wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:17 pm
davey wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:06 pm
This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:48 pm
floridagator wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:24 pm It couldn't have been sweltering from the climate. They had a roaring fire going in the fireplace. When FDR stroked out, he was thrust forward into the fireplace and his head was roasted like a peanut.
That's a mental image I could live without.
I don't believe it's true, either. FDR wasn't alone when he was stricken. His portrait was being painted at the time.
He wasn't alone at The Retreat. He was alone in the room at the time.
If you're going to claim something obscure maybe you could give a source? What I read says he was not alone in the room.
If he was alone in the room then who heard him say "Rosebud"?
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

Anachronism wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:02 pm
I'm pleasantly encouraged by Rodgers, especially since I watched only FJ from Monday. As noted, he's a bit of a sleep-aide. The big question is how much he improved on the second day of taping, because, since he's an NFL quarterback, he would have studied the film from day one like his life depended on it.
Um, that day 1 game film will have 5 Jeopardy games on it. After his first game he had about 20 minutes to change clothes, maybe brush up on the next game's clues, and some encouragement/advice from the staff before the music starts and Johnny announces the next guests (if he's there, otherwise a stand-in will do it in real time). Three games in the morning, then lunch, and two more in the afternoon session. Rinse and repeat on the next day (usually Wednesday), and it is the end of the Aaron Rodgers era. I hope he is satisfied and doesn't replay his mistakes and what-ifs for long.

To your point, I'm sure he will work hard on the overnight if they give him any resources to work with. I doubt if they will offer raw footage, especially since there will be a "Friday" champion playing the next day.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

seaborgium wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:52 pm
Woof wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:49 pm
CyrusChan wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:36 pm hot and dim was supposed to lead to the interior of a plane? i was thinking of some cabin with no electricity.
Fell for Daniel Boone.

Was confused about Texas being in the Midwest/Abilene clue.
20th C American History pretty much precludes Daniel Boone as the answer.
I think CyrusChan's Boone response was in response to the Washington DD.
D’Oh! My bad.
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

twelvefootboy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:51 pm
I'm pleasantly encouraged by Rodgers, especially since I watched only FJ from Monday. As noted, he's a bit of a sleep-aide. The big question is how much he improved on the second day of taping, because, since he's an NFL quarterback, he would have studied the film from day one like his life depended on it.
Um, that day 1 game film will have 5 Jeopardy games on it. After his first game he had about 20 minutes to change clothes, maybe brush up on the next game's clues, and some encouragement/advice from the staff before the music starts and Johnny announces the next guests (if he's there, otherwise a stand-in will do it in real time). Three games in the morning, then lunch, and two more in the afternoon session. Rinse and repeat on the next day (usually Wednesday), and it is the end of the Aaron Rodgers era. I hope he is satisfied and doesn't replay his mistakes and what-ifs for long.

To your point, I'm sure he will work hard on the overnight if they give him any resources to work with. I doubt if they will offer raw footage, especially since there will be a "Friday" champion playing the next day.
I know the schedule. I also know the approach of an NFL quarterback, who often has far more film to review in a far shorter window of time. Legitimate question whether it would be made available after day one, but he'd certainly ask.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

Anachronism wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:16 pm
twelvefootboy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:51 pm

I know the schedule. I also know the approach of an NFL quarterback, who often has far more film to review in a far shorter window of time. Legitimate question whether it would be made available after day one, but he'd certainly ask.
Sorry I didn't notice your tenure here and of course you know the schedule situation as common knowledge here (and maybe have played ;). I do expect TPTB probably don't let anything out of the studio for fear of S&P as well as their IP concerns. Not for a guest host at least. I'm sure Aaron would like the questions at 4 AM so he can anticipate pronunciation issues and delivery, etc.. IIRC, they were not made available to Alex until 7? AM due to S&P. He also offered wording changes but I doubt if any guest hosts would be so bold.

I'm curious if there will be a step change on the second Monday after he's had his film study equivalent.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

59 R (Said Billings instead of Boseman for Montana city.)
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
Douglas Squasoni
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:07 am 59 R (Said Billings instead of Boseman for Montana city.)
Bozeman
floridagator

Post by floridagator »

econgator wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:29 pm
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:07 am 59 R (Said Billings instead of Boseman for Montana city.)
Bozeman
In Boseman, every house has excellent speakers.
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

floridagator wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:25 pm
econgator wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:29 pm
Bozeman
In Boseman, every house has excellent speakers.
Boos, man.