Rest of Season 37, Changes & Predictions for Season 38

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Rest of Season 37, Changes & Predictions for Season 38

Post by morbeedo »

Johnny Gilbert is 97 years young. I can only assume he'll keep doing the job he loves until he can't. So - when that time comes - who should replace him?
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

morbeedo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:12 pm Johnny Gilbert is 97 years young. I can only assume he'll keep doing the job he loves until he can't. So - when that time comes - who should replace him?
Some sources have Johnny as "only" age 93, so perhaps we're not at replacement talk yet? Vin Scully probably still has sufficient pipes to pinch hit. :)
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

morbeedo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:12 pm Johnny Gilbert is 97 years young. I can only assume he'll keep doing the job he loves until he can't. So - when that time comes - who should replace him?
LeVar Burton! :lol:
Total game show career losings = $171,522
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

triviawayne wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:57 pm
LeVar Burton! :lol:
Too soon!
jlgarfield

Post by jlgarfield »

A few years back, I had a dream that Wally Wingert would succeed Johnny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Wingert - More on his body of work here. He announced for Jay Leno's late night show during its second run, and he's an esteemed voiceover artist, so why not?
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

One week "guest announcer" stints like they did for the hosts. Hank Azeria, Gilbert Gottfried. Too bad Marvin Kaplan and Arnold Stang aren't with us any more. But Fran Drescher might be available.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

AFRET CMS wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:59 pm
One week "guest announcer" stints like they did for the hosts. Hank Azeria, Gilbert Gottfried. Too bad Marvin Kaplan and Arnold Stang aren't with us any more. But Fran Drescher might be available.
H Jon Benjamin. And get him say "Phrasing"
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MDCSWildcats86

Post by MDCSWildcats86 »

Rackme32 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:06 am I enjoy the interviews myself... Of course they aren't always great, but at least they help one think the contestants aren't robotic trivia machines... And you get reminded where each player is from, which I like to hear. And I'm sure their friends and families do, too.

Power Players? Please do NOT ever bring that back... Celebrity weeks can get ashcanned, too. Teens, college, teachers, yup, bring those back.

And as I've said in other places, Mayim IS the proper choice. Hire her NOW.

Maybe to you, but knowing the producers, Katie Couric has MUCH shorter odds at becoming the new host.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

It would be great to be wrong, but I would not be surprised if another early station moves J! to a later time slot in S38 the way the 9:30CT on WAKA ended this season.
jeopardyfan939

Post by jeopardyfan939 »

One known change for next season is that Mike Richards will be the permanent host. And Mayim Bialik is hosting primetime spinoffs (e.g. the National College Championship).