Tuesday, April 20, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by AFRET CMS »

Robert K S wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:01 pm Said Neuschwanstein Castle. Spelled it right. Knew it was wrong.
Ditto on both counts.

Knew Little Mermaid was incorrect, since the story inspired the statue and not vice-versa. Had a fleeting thought about the Matterhorn, but couldn't figure out how to "open" it. Did Hillary and Norgay "open" Everest? Never would have made it to Tivoli; knew nothing about the connection between it and Disney.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

twelvefootboy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:36 pm Twelvefootgirl wrenched her knee badly in Ludwig's Castle (Neuschwanstein) two years ago, so this seemed like a little payback to give us a solve for the inconvenience.
Did it make her mad?
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
billiej
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by billiej »

Robert K S wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:01 pm Said Neuschwanstein Castle. Spelled it right. Knew it was wrong.
Same, except I'm sure I would've butchered the spelling. Fortunately(?) it didn't matter.
goongas
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by goongas »

and if Alex did it all the time, he made it seem so natural that I didn't take notice
Alex did not give the first name too often. I am getting annoyed by it as well (that and the continued, "we were looking for"). I think he would be more likely to give the first name if it was someone that you would not be expected to know the first name of, like someone that invented a namesake item like George Washington Gale Ferris of Ferris wheel fame. But when the first name would be obvious, Alex would not give it. Alex did not ad-lib about an answer much either. Not that the new host has to emulate Alex, but I want to see cleared boards...
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

60 R
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
Douglas Squasoni