Tuesday, April 27, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

pamelajaye
Contributor

Re: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by pamelajaye »

Lefty wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:05 pm
brick wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:41 pm
opusthepenguin wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:06 pm

I like it. I remember being fooled by some of the "states' rights" talk back in my naive youth because I thought we were talking about, you know, states' rights. And having a somewhat anti-federalist bent at the time, I thought that sounded good. Now that I am in my naive dotage I know there was, at least sometimes, a subtext that whooshed right by me.
I will be stealing "naïve dotage" and adding it to my repertoire. Thank you.
I've seen "anecdotage" defined as the time in life when one constantly repeats the same old stories.

I have to say I don't see the point of the finger display. We know he won three times; Johnny Gilbert* has just reminded us. Is it perhaps to make the number real in a way that merely pronouncing it is sadly powerless to?

My earlier comment about the potential white supremacy implications of matching eternity symbols was based on my assumption that there were two people involved. On rewatching, I see that they were three, rendering senseless my initial surmise. If you don't remember my earlier comment, that's fine, too.

*I'm abashed to admit I had to search to see if it was "Gilbert" or "Olson". Congrats nonetheless, Johnny, on a brilliant career and long may it continue.
I am going to be stealing "abashed" as I need it quite frequently and forgot it existed.
As for Gilbert and Olson, I've been having a problem with the new show about Joe. Apparently it's ordinary Joe not average Joe (which was also a show) however this will not leave me as abashed as calling people by the wrong names. Which, I may have implied, I often do. I can see voice to text is going to have a big problem with the word abashed - oh sure, get it right now! This is the first time it didn't think it was two words. Yes I left this question here and it took me what? Four months 5 months? To get back to it?