Thursday, May 6, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Thursday, May 6, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by twelvefootboy »

Bamaman wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:00 pm
Ironhorse wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:48 pm
floridagator wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:46 pm
Bamaman wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:09 pm
twelvefootboy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:33 am By now, Bill seems very place-holdery to me. Maybe it's because TIL (from somewhere on this board) that the season's tapings are over. I think the job will go to the biggest star that will take it and the opinion of 50,000 trivia nerds won't be a factor. I just hope it isn't anybody Kardashian related.
So no Kaitlyn Jenner?
Now that KJ is a political candidate, it would be a nightmare if she had hosted.
Who is KJ? Ken Jennings? I assume you can't be talking about Jenner, whose initials are CJ.
Thanks for the correction. My niece is named Kaitlyn so that is the spelling I am used to.

Perhaps with the Republican Jenner as a guest host, it would stop the complaints from right wingers saying the show has a liberal bias.
dammit! why did i have to bring up the k-word :roll:. we all just got dummer.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
Johnblue
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Johnblue »

seaborgium wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:00 pm
Johnblue wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 pm Easy FJ for me. Do the sub zero players always rejoin the panel at the end? It seemed odd.
It's been that way for a while. (The exactly zeroes do too.) In season 25, it began that they would play the short-handed FJ, announce the winner, show the sponsors' spots, then return to the credits chat with all three contestants there. In recent seasons, they haven't always had sponsors' spots between the game's end and the credits, so the eliminated player(s) walk out to their in-game place right after the ending music starts. (For what it's worth, I can recall two players since then who missed out on FJ and didn't come back on stage, neither in a regular game. https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=3309 https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=4740)
I guess I usually stop my replay after the winner is announced so I guess I never saw that before.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Johnblue wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:46 pm
seaborgium wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:00 pm
Johnblue wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:50 pm Easy FJ for me. Do the sub zero players always rejoin the panel at the end? It seemed odd.
It's been that way for a while. (The exactly zeroes do too.) In season 25, it began that they would play the short-handed FJ, announce the winner, show the sponsors' spots, then return to the credits chat with all three contestants there. In recent seasons, they haven't always had sponsors' spots between the game's end and the credits, so the eliminated player(s) walk out to their in-game place right after the ending music starts. (For what it's worth, I can recall two players since then who missed out on FJ and didn't come back on stage, neither in a regular game. https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=3309 https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=4740)
I guess I usually stop my replay after the winner is announced so I guess I never saw that before.
I edited my post slightly because I didn't like my grammar after the (s) when I reread it in the quote here.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Woof wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:38 pm
dhkendall wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:07 pm I’m sorry was someone calling for me? I couldn’t hear over my yelling I’M BETTING IT ALL BILL! THE WHOLE DAMN THING!
I was thinking of you during this FJ. Oy, just oy. My wife looks at me and and asks “they get on... and not you?” I have no answers.
Sick cosmic joke. What a f-ing train wreck!

A musician, a food vendor, and an optician walk into a bar.

Put a fork in me - I’m done!
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

59 R (Will admit, not familiar with a newer version of "The Odd Couple".)
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
Douglas Squasoni