Honestly...

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Honestly...

Post by Rackme32 »

I think they should just change the name of Twitter to "Butthurt".

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/twi ... b2vkwfmnkw

Matt's phrasing is a bit odd, to be sure... But "Most annoying contestant ever"?? Puh-leeze...
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Re: Honestly...

Post by Ironhorse »

It is a damning indictment of modern journalism that a few Twitter posts from random television viewers can serve as the basis for a widely viewed article.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Ironhorse wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:12 pm It is a damning indictment of modern journalism that a few Twitter posts from random television viewers can serve as the basis for a widely viewed article.
Exactly. Modern "journalism".
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I saw some article called “Jeopardy fans reaction to Levar Burton”. Every post/tweet they quoted said he was wonderful. Real objective journalism there.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

Bah Humbug. These kids nowadays with their Nintendos and their Xstations they don’t know anything. Back in my day, when things worked like they were supposed to, we had real journalists. They were 8 foot tall and covered in hair. It gave them integrity, and kept them warm in the Winter. They would walk uphill both ways to get a story and by golly that story was right. All facts and no fillers. Everything changed with these darn internets. Somebody ought to do something.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
DBear
Denier of Pop Culture

Post by DBear »

Such shitposts fill me with despair & pessimism about the future of J!. At this point, I don't think it matters who TPTB pick. Thanks to cancel culture, some of which we've seen on this very board by people who should know better, I don't see J! lasting past 2024. :(
And to reference a clue from last night, Idle hands have got nuthin' on Twitter. :evil:
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

I have never regretted not having a Twitter account.
davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by davey »

MattKnowles wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:01 pm Bah Humbug. These kids nowadays with their Nintendos and their Xstations they don’t know anything. Back in my day, when things worked like they were supposed to, we had real journalists. They were 8 foot tall and covered in hair. It gave them integrity, and kept them warm in the Winter. They would walk uphill both ways to get a story and by golly that story was right. All facts and no fillers. Everything changed with these darn internets. Somebody ought to do something.
So right, Matt! I remember the old days when you learned real news from Yahoo! Entertainment, like who Rock Hudson was marrying, or how Vivien Leigh was as close to Hattie McDaniel as if she was her real maid! It's almost enough to get me to turn off my newsfeed and find a newspaper, or something...almost, I said!
DysonSphere

Post by DysonSphere »

Not a day goes by when I regret deleting Twitter.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I signed up for a Twitter account but never did anything with it.
Johnblue

Post by Johnblue »

It’s hard to decide which is more awful: twitter or yahoo “news.” That kid is an incredible player & this is what those morons focus on?