LL Season 90

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

LL Season 90

Post by Bamaman »

The new rundle alignments are up. I was surprised to see I have been moved to C for this season. We’ll see how long that lasts. Looking forward to MD4 where I face BarrettM.
SBurrus
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: LL Season 90

Post by SBurrus »

I am in Foundry E Division 2 again this season. 34 players...with top 6 moving up to D for LL91. The opponent I have played more than any other since joining LL in season 68 is no longer in my grouping, as they got promoted to D rundle after last season. So, I will have to start some new rivalries.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:00 am The new rundle alignments are up. I was surprised to see I have been moved to C for this season. We’ll see how long that lasts. Looking forward to MD4 where I face BarrettM.
Good luck to you and you'll know how to play defense against me.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Foundry C1 for me.
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

Isthmus D2. I was hoping I might get a promotion, but not to be.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

Folks in Taiga C can look forward to resting their starters when my match day rolls around. My fifth place easiest schedule aligned with my 14th place TCA to promote me from D.

Congrats to Bamaman for his promotion to C. I think it's pretty common for the Commish to waive the MPD tiebreaker since it also happened to my younger sis.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Bamaman wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:00 am The new rundle alignments are up. I was surprised to see I have been moved to C for this season. We’ll see how long that lasts. Looking forward to MD4 where I face BarrettM.
You can probably either thank me or curse me for the unexpected promotion. I would have been in Serengeti B, but didn't sign up for this season. As a result, NewK was promoted from C1 to B, and you in turn (as the next highest score in LL89/D) were promoted to C1.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

Just hanging out over here in A Taiga.
bluejaylink
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bluejaylink »

Up to A. Don't know it I'll stick there but looking forward to the new season!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

RandyG wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:09 am
You can probably either thank me or curse me for the unexpected promotion. I would have been in Serengeti B, but didn't sign up for this season. As a result, NewK was promoted from C1 to B, and you in turn (as the next highest score in LL89/D) were promoted to C1.
I’ll let you know how it goes. My TCA would have been 17/23 in C1 last time so maybe I will last in C for more than one season.
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

I am in D Elysium Div 2.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Bamaman wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:59 am
RandyG wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:09 am
I’ll let you know how it goes. My TCA would have been 17/23 in C1 last time so maybe I will last in C for more than one season.
Sure. Well, good luck and have fun!
mrparadise

Post by mrparadise »

Back in Horizon C. Good luck to all!
TheLibmanMop
Contributor

Post by TheLibmanMop »

I'm in Badlands A. Good luck to everyone, today and each day this season!
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

TheLibmanMop wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:45 pm I'm in Badlands A. Good luck to everyone, today and each day this season!
Good luck whichever day I play you, and good luck to everyone else as well.
SBurrus

Post by SBurrus »

Started off LL90 with a goose egg. I am embarrassed to admit I did not know the answer to the Barney question, although I did know that Barney was a dinosaur. Losses in the general and private rundles.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Sweeeet. 'Makeup' was accepted for Ulta getting me a beer to start off the season. All downhill from here...

This had me overthink analemma for way too long: https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap200507.html
Took too long to remember that APOD has had way more sun versions than moon ones.

Already one Current Events thread shout out!
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

Volante wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:56 am Sweeeet. 'Makeup' was accepted for Ulta getting me a beer to start off the season. All downhill from here...
I lost because I put two instead of 2. But 'Makeup' was accepted I guess.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Volante wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:56 am Sweeeet. 'Makeup' was accepted for Ulta getting me a beer to start off the season. All downhill from here...

This had me overthink analemma for way too long: https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap200507.html
Took too long to remember that APOD has had way more sun versions than moon ones.

Already one Current Events thread shout out!
I’d like to thank Neal Stephenson for an assist on the analemma question, courtesy of his novel Anathem.
mahatma

Post by mahatma »

I'd like to thank the Commish for being lenient on the Day 1 submission deadline. I submitted at 1:30am and had to sweat out whether it would be accepted. Saved me my first (vacation induced) forfeits.