Season 38 Preemptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Season 38 Preemptions

Post by MarkBarrett »

For the early bird P+ viewers it's the parade on Thursday and college football on Friday. If anyone knows of any CBS affiliates sneaking in an early airing of J! then please share.
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

Preempted in Kansas City on Thursday and Friday with no makeup time announced yet. Also Matt Amodio's wins #37 and #38 preempted on Daytime J!
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

cosmos wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:45 pm Preempted in Kansas City on Thursday and Friday with no makeup time announced yet. Also Matt Amodio's wins #37 and #38 preempted on Daytime J!
Grrrrr. Why did FOX have to take over? Things were so much better when our NBC affiliate had the Jeopardy! contract. They reran the previous night's show at 4:30 the following morning. Or maybe it was 5 or 5:30. Don't recall. Preemptions caused a 14-hour inconvenience at most, except for the occasional extreme weather conditions.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

ABC's NHL game ran past 3:30 PM Eastern. As a result, their college football game didn't start until 3:50 PM Eastern. For stations that air Jeopardy! at 7:00 PM Eastern, Jeopardy! likely will not start on time, if any of Jeopardy! airs. As of the time I am posting this, the college football game is currently on the second quarter.
Edit 7:01 PM Eastern: ABC's college football game is still going. Would not be surprised if 7:00 PM Eastern ABC airings get preempted in full.
Edit 7:16 PM Eastern: WABC joined Jeopardy! in progress at 7:15 PM while Ken was reading the first clue of the Double Jeopardy! round.
Last edited by gameshowfandanny on Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

I preempted the preemption by watching early on YouTube.
gameshowfandanny

While Ken was reading clue 23 of Double Jeopardy!, WABC started airing the episode from the beginning. When Johnny Gilbert was introducing Ken, WABC cut into Ken revealing the correct response to clue 26 of Double Jeopardy!
Edit: While Ken was reading the Final Jeopardy! clue, WABC re-aired the GEICO plug and then restarted Final Jeopardy!
Edit: Actually, during the credits, WABC cut into commercial.
bkellysky
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bkellysky »

Thanks for the youtube reminder.
Just had roku installed on the TV. Searched "Jeopardy" on youTube and found tonight's episode.
I see WABC-TV 7 in NYC started showing Jeopardy! about 15 minutes into the show.
bob
tddeveryday
DIY Problem Solver

Post by tddeveryday »

Question for Danny: Do you know what percentage or how many stations got pre-empted this Thanksgiving? When I looked into this for Christmas last year, I recall the number being surprisingly low, possibly less than 5% of all stations.
My lucky numbers are 6, 66, and 666.
gameshowfandanny

tddeveryday wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:24 pm Question for Danny: Do you know what percentage or how many stations got pre-empted this Thanksgiving? When I looked into this for Christmas last year, I recall the number being surprisingly low, possibly less than 5% of all stations.
Sorry, I have no idea. I don't have the time nor energy to research every station's schedule to see if they are preempting Jeopardy! I just post preemptions that I find out about.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

ABC is nationally showing MNF with the Rams & Cardinals tonight (12/13), so J! & WoF will not air at the normal times in the West. KGO is showing the game shows 10-11 tonight.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Seahawks/Rams & WFT/Eagles are being from from Sunday to Tuesday 12/21 at 7ET on Fox. I guess that means regional coverage only? Not sure who/where gets affected for watching J!

Raiders/Browns being moved from tomorrow until Monday is NFL network, so probably only Vegas/Cleveland affected depending on J! station vs. local station airing the football game.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:12 pm Seahawks/Rams & WFT/Eagles are being from from Sunday to Tuesday 12/21 at 7ET on Fox. I guess that means regional coverage only? Not sure who/where gets affected for watching J!
There will be football on all Fox affiliates, it’s just split on which game is seen in which parts of the country. (The games will also be on NFL Sunday Ticket as the only option for watching the “other” game.)
Justin731994
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Justin731994 »

Luckily, Jeopardy is on WTSP-10 (CBS) here in the Tampa Bay area, so the Fox football game will be seen locally on WTVT-13, my local Fox affiliate, since I live in the Tampa Bay area, so Tampa Bay doesn't have to worry about 10 preempting the show for now.
Vowela

Post by Vowela »

Somewhat ironically, Jeopardy! did not air on WVUE tonight. Not even late at night: Wheel of Fortune aired at 2 AM, but Jeopardy! did not air at all.
Justin731994
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Justin731994 »

Vowela wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:31 am Somewhat ironically, Jeopardy! did not air on WVUE tonight. Not even late at night: Wheel of Fortune aired at 2 AM, but Jeopardy! did not air at all.
Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune did air on WTSP-10 (CBS) in the Tampa Bay area on 12/22/2021 at their normal times, with Jeopardy at its normal time of 7:30 after Wheel. I'm sorry to learn about Jeopardy being preempted in New Orleans that day, but both shows did air that day on 10 in the Tampa Bay area.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Tonight is the State of the Union address; be warned if you watch J! in the evening. Oddly, KABC's listings on their site show two new episodes airing 10-11 pm. I assume one of them is supposed to be Wheel.
Justin731994
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Justin731994 »

Some CBS stations have been preempting Jeopardy for CBS' coverage of the 2022 NCAA men's basketball tournament, if not all CBS stations preempt Jeopardy for March Madness.

I don't remember WTSP preempting Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune for March Madness, but elsewhere here in Florida, WFTV-9 (ABC) in Orlando is airing Jeopardy and Wheel at their normal times (Jeopardy at 7 and Wheel at 7:30), though WTSP normally airs Jeopardy at 7:30 right after Wheel here in the Tampa Bay area.

Also, some stations preempted Jeopardy and Wheel for severe weather coverage so far in season 38.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

As mentioned earlier, J! will be preempted in many markets next Thursday and Friday (28th and 29th) due to the NFL Draft.

According to my DVR, Friday's show will air Sunday, May 1 at 1 AM in the Orlando market.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

ABC in LA will be preempting J! this Friday (22nd) due to NBA finals. It will allegedly air at 9:30P
For the NFL Draft preemptions, Thu (28th) and Fri (29th) will (also allegedly) air J! at 10:00P
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Justin731994
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Justin731994 »

Volante wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:25 pm ABC in LA will be preempting J! this Friday (22nd) due to NBA finals. It will allegedly air at 9:30P
For the NFL Draft preemptions, Thu (28th) and Fri (29th) will (also allegedly) air J! at 10:00P
Jeopardy did air here in the Tampa Bay area on WTSP-10 (CBS) while WFTV-9 (ABC) in Orlando may have had Jeopardy move to its sister station WRDQ-27 due to ABC's coverage of the NBA Playoffs, so first-run Jeopardy is or isn't on WRDQ, which airs Jeopardy whenever WFTV doesn't.