Wednesday, October 13, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Volante »

cinemaniax7 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:36 pm
nserven wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:22 am Interestingly, the record for homers by a catcher that Bench set in 1970 was broken only this year, by Salvador Perez.
I believe the record broken by Perez was for most HRs by a catcher in a single season, whereas Berra's record was for most career HRs by a catcher.
Well, yes, but serendipity and all. Bench's record for career homers hit by a catcher was in 1980 (later surpassed by Piazza).

*puts on wireframe glasses, loads baseball-reference.com splits pages* Now, to determine how many were hit when the player was in the lineup as catcher... *gets beaned by Tony LaRussa*
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Peter the accountant
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Peter the accountant »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:00 pm And wouldn't "making" cauliflower flour be a necessary precursor to "making" cauliflower pizza crust? Is there some way to make the pizza crust without making the flour?
My understanding is the basic cauliflower pizza crust recipe (probably modified a bit for commercial food production line) is to process raw cauliflower into small pieces (perhaps rice-sized or a bit smaller), then cook the cauliflower. Once cooked and drained, mix with a couple of other ingredients that will help bind the cauliflower together, like cheeses and/or eggs, along with some seasonings (garlic, salt, pepper, whatever floats your boat) and spread that mixture out into a pizza crust sized circle. Then bake that to make the "crust".

No flour needed.

You can also stop at the cooked cauliflower step and serve that as cauliflower rice for a low-carb rice substitute.
--Peter
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Peter the accountant wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:56 am help bind the cauliflower together, like cheeses and/or eggs
Hoo-boy. Check your ingredients, vegans and other plant-based eaters!
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

BWW does have these on the menu. Wouldn't fit the clue, though, unless you find a chicken with gluten.

https://www.buffalowildwings.com/en/foo ... wer-wings/
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
BrigadierSolo13
Double Double Machine

Post by BrigadierSolo13 »

Robert K S wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:20 am
Peter the accountant wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:56 am help bind the cauliflower together, like cheeses and/or eggs
Hoo-boy. Check your ingredients, vegans and other plant-based eaters!
It's meant to be a gluten-free option, not vegetarian or vegan.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

BrigadierSolo13 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:18 am As the contestants might also, I question the placement of the $400 clue in FOOD FORWARD.

I work at a grocery store, and even more specifically, the frozen food section, which is where you will find Caulipower pizza crusts, making this an easy clue for me. But I would say, even with all the time I spend at the supermarket, occupationally or not, I probably wouldn't have known this if I works in ANY OTHER DEPARTMENT in the store. Knowing the everyday foods that are most often substituted with cauliflower, rice would be at the top of my list, making it a good guess. Bread wasn't a bad shot-in-the-dark either. Flour? Not so much... I think one of the writers might believe their gluten-free grocery shopping is indicative of everyone else's.

I'm curious as to how the boardies fared on this clue as well.
We have a celiac in our family who eats this pizza, so this was easy for me. I would have guessed bread otherwise.