FJs for the 10/11/21 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 10/11/21 week?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:50 pm

Nazi Germany annexed this nation & divided it into regions of the Alps & the Danube; the Allies later divided it into 4 sectors
78%
Last name of brothers James, John, Joseph & Fletcher, whose company published magazines with their name as well as books
29%
When Johnny Bench broke his record, this man wrote, "I always thought the record would stand until it was broken"
91%
On Sept. 30, 1788 William Maclay & Robert Morris, both of Pennsylvania, were chosen as the first 2 these
67%
These stories got their collective title because little Josephine Kipling insisted they be told exactly the same way each time
67%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  I checked all five above.
10%
:( :( :( :( :(  I missed all the FJ! clues.
No votes
GEORGE WASHINGTON DID IT $2000: At 26 George married a woman with this last name of her first husband
62%
ON BASE $1000: This Marine "Camp" outside of San Diego was used in TV shows like "Gomer Pyle" & "Baa Baa Black Sheep"
56%
STARS & STONES $2000: Deneb, the "tail" of the swan in this constellation, forms the "Summer Triangle" with Vega & Altair
78%
Czechoslovakia was my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
11%
Prior to seeing the Monday game I did NOT know Matt Amodio was going to be defeated.
64%
Prior to seeing the Monday game I DID know Matt Amodio was going to be defeated..
29%
McMillan was my incorrect guess for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
4%
Random was my incorrect guess for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
9%
Row was my incorrect guess for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
No votes
I saw Yogi Berra in person, whether a baseball game or other event.
7%
MY FIRST NAME IS A TV SHOW TITLE $1000: Ms. Findlay, Edith Bunker's cousin - I was correct with Maude.
57%
Electors was my incorrect guess for the Thursday FJ! clue.
10%
STATE YOUR NAME $800: Stately first name of Mr. Tuxedo, a cartoon penguin voiced by Don Adams - I was correct with Tennessee
56%
I am certain I have seen at least one episode of Tennessee Tuxedo.
47%
As far as I can recall I have never seen an episode of Tennessee Tuxedo prior to Friday.
41%
Twice-Told Tales was my incorrect guess for the Friday FJ! clue.
16%
Even if I had come across it previously, Just So Stories seemed like a "never heard of it" to me when it came up for the Friday FJ! clue.
19%

Total votes: 90

AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: FJs for the 10/11/21 week

Post by AFRET CMS »

:mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Collier and delegates to Constitutional Convention for the missed FJs.

Didn't remember Maude being Edith's cousin, but "All in the Family" connection + Findlay was sufficient.

A little to old to have been a fan (though I did like the "Commander McBragg" segments), but could have named the bird correctly just from "Adams" and "penguin."
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
tddeveryday
DIY Problem Solver

Post by tddeveryday »

:( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:( :( :mrgreen:

This is my third time getting 4 out of 5 FJs in one week. I'm still chasing that elusive 5 out of 5.

I was not spoiled about Matt's loss, thankfully. I only realized Matt was in trouble once Jonathan hit the second Daily Double, which was pretty late in that round. When Jonathan found DD3 right after that, that's when I realized Matt's chances of losing were actually very high.
My lucky numbers are 6, 66, and 666.
John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by John Boy »

:mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When I had absolutely no guess about the publishing brothers on Tuesday, I wrote "what is Penguin?" just as a joke. I was a bit startled to see that come up as a contestant's actual answer.

And there went my streak of 15 straight correct FJs. At least I've gotten back on the horse and started a new streak on Wednesday (now up to a robust 3, thank you very much).

I have missed the last three games because work took me out of town, so thanks to all you good folks who manage to get game summaries up on this site so quickly. Very much appreciated.