LL Season 91

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

LL Season 91

Post by econgator »

Gotta say, I didn't realize that the new season is upon us come Monday.
sarisson
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: LL Season 91

Post by sarisson »

Back in C for the first time since 2017. Only the top 3 get promoted (officially).
I won more games in each of the ML's I entered (7) than in all of last season (6). I qualified for the Liberation championship but only went 3/12. However, nobody got more than 10 on that insanely difficult question set.
Hoping for a third lap
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Back to B. And I'm okay with that.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
SBurrus

Post by SBurrus »

I'm in Foundry Rundle E Div 1 for LL91. I was in Division 2 last season.

Our rundles get larger and larger. This time, we have 36 in our rundle...with the top 6 advancing to D.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

The game is afoot :lol:
Our Jboardlite rundle is (hopefully) going to play Bizarro rules. KerryOakie is the defending champ from LL89. This
The rules are simple and easy: Try to assign your three pointer to your opponent's wheelhouse. We will add the total threes successfully assigned to the longest streak, for a possible 50 points (KerryOakie had 22+8 = 30). There will be a tiebreaker based on your ability to waste zeroes (assigning to their missed questions). But mainly, you just have to pick one choice and don't worry about the rest.
I plan to post here weekly with the status, unless someone prefers otherwise (PM me please). Long posts will be spoilered and the discussions will mostly be on-topic :).

The starting grid (with LL89 results to be removed):
[image=][/image]
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Questions for MD1. Friendly reminder to all players that no discussion of the questions is allowed until the official results have been posted on the LL site. This includes comments like “they were hard/easy today” or saying how many you got right.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Good luck everyone! I knew the new season started today, but had totally forgotten about it this morning until I got an Outlook reminder. Glad I added it to my work calendar a couple weeks ago.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:46 am Good luck everyone! I knew the new season started today, but had totally forgotten about it this morning until I got an Outlook reminder. Glad I added it to my work calendar a couple weeks ago.
Do you not get the notification email from TAI?
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

SBurrus wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:33 pm I'm in Foundry Rundle E Div 1 for LL91. I was in Division 2 last season.

Our rundles get larger and larger. This time, we have 36 in our rundle...with the top 6 advancing to D.
I thought I had recalled that any rundle larger than 34 would be split. The rules currently say that anything larger than 38 will be split, but I didn't imagine it: I went to the Wayback Machine and picked a random day in 2017, and the maximum rundle size did indeed used to be 34.

Wishing all LLamas a good season!
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

Linear Gnome wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:03 pm
SBurrus wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:33 pm I'm in Foundry Rundle E Div 1 for LL91. I was in Division 2 last season.

I thought I had recalled that any rundle larger than 34 would be split. The rules currently say that anything larger than 38 will be split, but I didn't imagine it: I went to the Wayback Machine and picked a random day in 2017, and the maximum rundle size did indeed used to be 34.

Are you playing again? I think you'd enjoy playing our Bizarro version sometime in the private rundle. I know there are some math sequences in there somewhere :).
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
Volante

Post by Volante »

Day one in the can. Defense is .250 but don't care. *cracks open cold one* :lol:
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

A 2 for Leave it to Beaver? I was typing at 1963 and "Family Scrapbook" and then the Q adds a bunch of other stuff. :lol:

My opponent did not know Sears to waste my 0 and mess up my defense. :o
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

Volante wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:06 am Day one in the can. Defense is .250 but don't care. *cracks open cold one* :lol:
Now I know what college you went to
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Woof wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:34 pm
This Is Kirk! wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:46 am Good luck everyone! I knew the new season started today, but had totally forgotten about it this morning until I got an Outlook reminder. Glad I added it to my work calendar a couple weeks ago.
Do you not get the notification email from TAI?
Probably, but I rarely check my non-work email since it's 90% junk. :)
Volante

Post by Volante »

MattKnowles wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:45 am
Volante wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:06 am Day one in the can. Defense is .250 but don't care. *cracks open cold one* :lol:
Now I know what college you went to
I feel like this is a football reference?...

(At the risk of killing my joke, it's that even with the worst defense, a (4) can't beat a (6).)
Ironhorse
Second Banana

Post by Ironhorse »

"Sears is too obvious of an answer, right? I'll put K-Mart".

I was upset about that when I saw I had tied, until I saw that my opponent (my referrer) had given me 0 for it.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

twelvefootboy wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:58 pm
Linear Gnome wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:03 pm

Are you playing again? I think you'd enjoy playing our Bizarro version sometime in the private rundle. I know there are some math sequences in there somewhere :).
No, I'm still on the sidelines. The last time I was paid-up, I upgraded so I could do private rundles, but it turned out that I found it annoying to assign defense twice every day. I'm still kibitzing the regular seasons and some of the off-season events. If I ever decide to re-up, I'm likely to stay at standard level, though Bizarro sounds fun.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:17 am A 2 for Leave it to Beaver? I was typing at 1963 and "Family Scrapbook" and then the Q adds a bunch of other stuff. :lol:

sometimes I assign what seems like a crazy number for defense only because I run out of low numbers to put in the fields. For me, yesterday was 5 instagets, leaving the Office Space one where I knew what the code was about, but not what the exact code was. I gave that one a 3 because of having to know the actual error code, and had to throw about numbers on the rest because I thought they were all easy...then I get surprised at "only" 50% for Florence.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Ironhorse wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:22 pm "Sears is too obvious of an answer, right? I'll put K-Mart".

I was upset about that when I saw I had tied, until I saw that my opponent (my referrer) had given me 0 for it.
K-Mart owns Sears, so you were close.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Bamaman wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:45 pm
Ironhorse wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:22 pm "Sears is too obvious of an answer, right? I'll put K-Mart".

K-Mart owns Sears, so you were close.
Other way around (although I think "owned" is correct, not "owns").