SQL errors on the site

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TenPoundHammer

SQL errors on the site

Post by TenPoundHammer »

For some reason, I get SQL errors when I try to load the site a LOT. They're always at totally random times of day. Any idea what could be causing them?
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: SQL errors on the site

Post by econgator »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:07 pm For some reason, I get SQL errors when I try to load the site a LOT. They're always at totally random times of day. Any idea what could be causing them?
Happens a few times a week to me, too.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

If we knew, we'd fix it. Usually if you just reload the page it works fine. If we ever figure it out, we'll let people know.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

It's one of those things and I'm used to it although I hate when I've got the game freshly archived and have to wait to get in just to post the link. On Saturday around poll time I never have a problem, so it could be too many people on weekdays checking in about long-running champs?
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:27 pm It's one of those things and I'm used to it although I hate when I've got the game freshly archived and have to wait to get in just to post the link. On Saturday around poll time I never have a problem, so it could be too many people on weekdays checking in about long-running champs?
There are suspicions that it's a loading or other resource issue, but it's not clear how to track it down.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:44 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:27 pm It's one of those things and I'm used to it although I hate when I've got the game freshly archived and have to wait to get in just to post the link. On Saturday around poll time I never have a problem, so it could be too many people on weekdays checking in about long-running champs?
There are suspicions that it's a loading or other resource issue, but it's not clear how to track it down.
I say we lock everyone out except boardies who have a password and see what happens!