New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: New old games in the J! Archive

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added 9/11/96: https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=7138

Player pics of Claudia Perry and Chris Wilde who played Tim McCoy:
Spoiler
Robert: There is a lot of busy work surrounding getting this first CP game into the archive to link her various appearances and also sis playing. I'm sure I missed something, so please check my work. For the photo tag I added a "1996" since she did not return for regular play until 1997.

My 1996 scoresheet indicates I got the FJ! clue right back then as well to once again pump a solve percentage on a triple identical miss up to 25%.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Unlike the big check FJ, I would be checking the box for joining the players on the miss.

Why did Claudia get brought back?

DJ18 should have a comma after the Ruskie’s name.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

Bamaman wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:20 pm Unlike the big check FJ, I would be checking the box for joining the players on the miss.

I believe she was brought back because of technical problems. The guy on the previous day's show, Harry Barker, was also brought back in early December 1996 for the same reasons.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:11 pm I added 9/11/96: https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=7138

Player pics of Claudia Perry and Chris Wilde who played Tim McCoy:
Spoiler
Robert: There is a lot of busy work surrounding getting this first CP game into the archive to link her various appearances and also sis playing. I'm sure I missed something, so please check my work. For the photo tag I added a "1996" since she did not return for regular play until 1997.

My 1996 scoresheet indicates I got the FJ! clue right back then as well to once again pump a solve percentage on a triple identical miss up to 25%.
Speaking of which, should you label that game as Claudia Perry Game 1A and label her other game from 1/1/1997 as Claudia Perry Game 1B?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

kingskip wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:37 pm
Bamaman wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:20 pm Unlike the big check FJ, I would be checking the box for joining the players on the miss.

I believe she was brought back because of technical problems. The guy on the previous day's show, Harry Barker, was also brought back in early December 1996 for the same reasons.
Both were at the same podium.
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:11 pm I added 9/11/96: https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=7138

Robert: There is a lot of busy work surrounding getting this first CP game into the archive to link her various appearances and also sis playing. I'm sure I missed something, so please check my work.
Claudia appeared on the final season of syndicated Millionaire.
J! S39 - 1/27-2/1. '24 ToC ???

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

threearruda wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:42 pm

Robert: There is a lot of busy work surrounding getting this first CP game into the archive to link her various appearances and also sis playing. I'm sure I missed something, so please check my work.
Claudia appeared on the final season of syndicated Millionaire.
It is already mentioned on her Battle of the Decades page. They didn't put it on her other pages.
Douglas Squasoni
threearruda

Post by threearruda »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:55 pm
It is already mentioned on her Battle of the Decades page. They didn't put it on her other pages.
Good eye, thanks! Would not have caught that LOL.
J! S39 - 1/27-2/1. '24 ToC ???

5x TD champ - 7x TD host
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Thanks, everyone. I've put in the suggested changes and added Claudia's Millionaire lines to her other (think I got 'em all) pages as it's fine to have such things on more than just the most recent J! appearance page.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added 9/12/96: https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=7139

Player pics of Michael Bastedo & Scott Johnson who played Tim McCoy:
Spoiler
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Weird wager from Scott. I wonder if he mistook Tim's score as second place. Luckily for him Michael missed FJ.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

seaborgium wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:37 pm Weird wager from Scott. I wonder if he mistook Tim's score as second place.
Wouldn't that have required Scott to not have been paying any attention to the score dynamics during Double Jeopardy?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I added 9/16/96: https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=7140

Player pics of Lizabeth Stavenski-Bell, Ed Bylina and Lucien Schmit:
Spoiler
The recording (no prizes either) had some kind of dish notice graphic during the introductions, so I got the player pics from chat.

Ah, the old, end the round just as Lizabeth took the lead. Didn't work. Lucien still won.

In 1996 I did not know the connection of place and drink. It's come in handy many times since when watching J! and other trivia shows.

The well is dry and I have no more games to archive as the 1985 one with the mystery date will have to wait until it's pinned down better. Not really how I'm feeling, as a break is fine by me, but I was still reminded of this movie line:
Spoiler
Thank you again jf87 for sharing so many games. The archive is in a better place with so many gaps filled in.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:54 pm In 1996 I did not know the connection of place and drink. It's come in handy many times since when watching J! and other trivia shows.
If this question were polled I could check the "I have been to the Raffles Hotel" box.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:54 pm I added 9/16/96: https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=7140

Player pics of Lizabeth Stavenski-Bell, Ed Bylina and Lucien Schmit:
Spoiler
The recording (no prizes either) had some kind of dish notice graphic during the introductions, so I got the player pics from chat.

Ah, the old, end the round just as Lizabeth took the lead. Didn't work. Lucien still won.

In 1996 I did not know the connection of place and drink. It's come in handy many times since when watching J! and other trivia shows.

The well is dry and I have no more games to archive as the 1985 one with the mystery date will have to wait until it's pinned down better. Not really how I'm feeling, as a break is fine by me, but I was still reminded of this movie line:
Spoiler
Thank you again jf87 for sharing so many games. The archive is in a better place with so many gaps filled in.
Thanks for getting these in. Enjoy your three weeks off until you embark on the Mike Richards era.

Is the 1985 game linked in this thread?

Every game from the last 18 seasons is archived, along with S16 and S17. S18 is listed with 229 games, but one game that season was a clip show. Just for fun, here’s a ranking of the others in terms of games archived.

S14 229
S15 229
S19 228
S13 215
S12 178
S6 169
S4 168
S5 151
S3 140
S8 115
S9 106
S7 93
S10 91
S11 87
S2 77
S1 52

The games missing in S15 and S14 were on New Year’s Day. The ones from S19 were on March 20-21, 2003, due to coverage of the invasion of Iraq. These are the most recent missing games. The first two seasons only had 195 episodes rather than the standard 230. S36 was cut short at 190 due to COVID.

The list includes games that are only partially entered.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Well so much for the January 23, March 5 and March 11, 1997 and New Year's Day 1998 episodes, these were the only 4 Sushi Bar set episodes not archived that actually reran on GSN, it'll be up to Erick Dye-Cain, Jamie Locklin, and/or Trevor Panno then or maybe Michael Pannoni, those are the first 4 people to go to, also the October 31, 1996 episode also appeared on GSN(one of the first episodes to use the Swiss 911 font for the end credits but also one of the final episodes with the player monitors turn red for DJ! and one of the last episodes where the set stayed red during the end credits).
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

Ivoryface86 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:32 pm Well so much for the January 23, March 5 and March 11, 1997 and New Year's Day 1998 episodes, these were the only 4 Sushi Bar set episodes not archived that actually reran on GSN, it'll be up to Erick Dye-Cain, Jamie Locklin, and/or Trevor Panno then or maybe Michael Pannoni, those are the first 4 people to go to, also the October 31, 1996 episode also appeared on GSN(one of the first episodes to use the Swiss 911 font for the end credits but also one of the final episodes with the player monitors turn red for DJ! and one of the last episodes where the set stayed red during the end credits).
I'll let you if any unarchived episode turns up.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:39 pm ...

Is the 1985 game linked in this thread?

As far as I know, no.

Information known through archivist research and best guesses:

Peter Lalos, fundraiser from San Francisco, California
Diane Stone, a sales manager original from New York City
Brad Marshall, an illustrator originally from Miami, Florida (1-day cash winnings of $17,500)
Peter wins with $10,600.

No ads, but from GSN rerun anyway.
Player memory is game was taped September 1984
At chat Alex says a retired champ left a couple of weeks ago with $55,000
December 1984 up to February 1985 is the guess range for when it aired.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

Ivoryface86 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:32 pm Well so much for the January 23, March 5 and March 11, 1997 and New Year's Day 1998 episodes, these were the only 4 Sushi Bar set episodes not archived that actually reran on GSN, it'll be up to Erick Dye-Cain, Jamie Locklin, and/or Trevor Panno then or maybe Michael Pannoni, those are the first 4 people to go to, also the October 31, 1996 episode also appeared on GSN(one of the first episodes to use the Swiss 911 font for the end credits but also one of the final episodes with the player monitors turn red for DJ! and one of the last episodes where the set stayed red during the end credits).

What’s puzzling is how no one has New Year’s Day 1998 when GSN ran that season 4 or 5 cycles. Surely someone had to record it then.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

kingskip wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:04 am

What’s puzzling is how no one has New Year’s Day 1998 when GSN ran that season 4 or 5 cycles. Surely someone had to record it then.
If they can’t find a new host, maybe they can run the New Years games and the ones canceled by the war coverage. Then throw in S1E6 and then a week of Barbara Lowe.