Suggestions and Changes for Season 39

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jeopardyfan939
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Suggestions and Changes for Season 39

Post by jeopardyfan939 »

JUST IN: Studio audiences will indeed be returning for next season after having none for more than two years. The last two weeks of regular competition in Season 36 were also taped without an audience.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Potential bad news regarding audiences:
According to Buy a Vowel Boards, Wheel has cancelled audiences until August 11 (not sure if the tapings before then are cancelled or if they are having them without audiences). I have no idea if this is the case for the first two tapings of J! on August 2 and 3, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is the case, though all of the scheduled tapings are still listed on the ticketing page of J!'s site.
JeopardyFan#9821
Contributor

Post by JeopardyFan#9821 »

Just to nip this in the bud before things get too out of hand: as of right now, Jeopardy still plans to have audiences for all episodes, including the first couple tapings
jeopardyfan939

Post by jeopardyfan939 »

Tapings begin today, and for those of you who attend one, do you notice a new logo or is it the same one used since Season 37?
JeopardyFan#9821
Contributor

Post by JeopardyFan#9821 »

I didn’t notice anything different besides the opening shot panning across the audience before the contestant introductions. The logo was still the Jeopardy text in front of a globe.

Due to quite a few stopdowns and technical difficulties, the morning taping only had two shows.
jeopardyfan939

Post by jeopardyfan939 »

JeopardyFan#9821 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:53 pm I didn’t notice anything different besides the opening shot panning across the audience before the contestant introductions. The logo was still the Jeopardy text in front of a globe.

Due to quite a few stopdowns and technical difficulties, the morning taping only had two shows.
But is the Jeopardy! text and globe now in different colors than in Seasons 37 and 38? And did you say the opening sequence is different from Season 38? Is the think music still the same as Season 25 (or did they change it to match the updated theme)?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

An audience report with no spoilers:

https://buyavowel.boards.net/post/125636
Spiny Norman
Valued Contributor

Post by Spiny Norman »

I will add a few more observations from my time in the audience yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon.

Ken did in fact take audience questions today.
Perhaps because of Covid protocols or perhaps they are not quite at prior levels of efficiency, the tape day ran about an hour later than in the past. We left the studio a little after 5:30.
Many audience conveniences are gone because of Covid. There is no water cooler for the audience members. No raffle tickets or other giveaways. No postcard with the tape dates that you can take home as a souvenir. Masks must be worn at all times in the studio, even when taking photos in the Hall of Fame area. They want everyone to wear the same color mask for the audience shot, so they gave generic black KN95 masks to everyone. Not Jeopardy! branded. Missed opportunity.

Jimmy confirmed that they will be taping Celebrity Jeopardy on Sunday, Sept 11 with Mayim Bialik hosting.

Someone asked about the ToC. Jimmy told us that the producers have not yet decided whether they will allow a public audience for it. They don't want any spoilers to get out given the anticipated interest for this event.

I have been to tapings often enough that one of the pages recognized me and I recognized him. I asked what he had been doing the last couple of years. Jeopardy/Sony let the pages go. He had been "working fast food." The staff is mighty glad to have a real audience back in the studio.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Spiny Norman wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:51 pm I have been to tapings often enough that one of the pages recognized me and I recognized him. I asked what he had been doing the last couple of years. Jeopardy/Sony let the pages go. He had been "working fast food." The staff is mighty glad to have a real audience back in the studio.
Interesting -- I was under the impression that the pages were contracted employees of an outside service, not Sony employees.
Spiny Norman
Valued Contributor

Post by Spiny Norman »

trainman wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:54 am
Spiny Norman wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:51 pm I have been to tapings often enough that one of the pages recognized me and I recognized him. I asked what he had been doing the last couple of years. Jeopardy/Sony let the pages go. He had been "working fast food." The staff is mighty glad to have a real audience back in the studio.
Interesting -- I was under the impression that the pages were contracted employees of an outside service, not Sony employees.
You certainly may be correct. I did not ask specifically about the employer. Let me edit my comment to say that "Whomever hired the pages let them go."
davey

Post by davey »

Spiny Norman wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:56 pm
trainman wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:54 am
You certainly may be correct. I did not ask specifically about the employer. Let me edit my comment to say that "Whomever hired the pages let them go.
Or, edit to say "Whoever..." "Whoever" is the subject, "hired" is the verb. "Whomever" is an object. If you'd replace with he/she/they, use "who" or "whoever," if you'd replace with him/her/them, use "whom" or "whomever."