Happy JeoparDAY!

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Happy JeoparDAY!

Post by MattKnowles »

JeoparDAY! is now being celebrated every March 30. Happy JeoparDAY!

See post here: https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/news-eve ... day-coming

They are going to donate money to charity for each person that takes the Anytime Test today. So if you’re eligible and were putting it off for some reason, today is a good day to take it.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Happy JeoparDAY!

Post by MarkBarrett »

Former J! players can take it as well. There is a toggle to indicate you have already appeared on the show.
gamawire
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by gamawire »

MattKnowles wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:16 am JeoparDAY! is now being celebrated every March 30. Happy JeoparDAY!

They are going to donate money to charity for each person that takes the Anytime Test today. So if you’re eligible and were putting it off for some reason, today is a good day to take it.
I was not supposed to be eligible again until May, but I just took it - wish me luck in getting the call!! :D
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

gamawire wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:26 pm
MattKnowles wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:16 am JeoparDAY! is now being celebrated every March 30. Happy JeoparDAY!

I was not supposed to be eligible again until May, but I just took it - wish me luck in getting the call!! :D
good luck, and did the site have something about the eligibility date being waived; and if it did, did it also say this was "unofficial"?
Total game show career losings = $171,522
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:24 am Former J! players can take it as well. There is a toggle to indicate you have already appeared on the show.
Remember, kids, don't be a Kirby!
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

There is another post that says that everybody (18+ US/CA resident) is eligible to take the test today even if they took the test earlier this year or interviewed.

See post: https://www.jeopardy.com/jeoparday

See the FAQ at the bottom for the special eligibility notes.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
billiej

Post by billiej »

I took it today and it was the best I'd felt about an online test in some time, maybe because it was spur of the moment since I didn't realize until today I could take it.

My main concern is after the first couple of questions, the screen completely froze. I had to close everything out and start over. I know it's been mentioned with the Anytime test that if you don't complete it, it doesn't count as an attempt. I hope that applies today. Just my luck I'd have my best performance and it didn't count!! :P
BobF

Post by BobF »

Happy birthday Jeopardy!

Listen to the audio clip. First ever example of horrible FJ wagers.
Spoiler
3rd place had $70 and bet $20 (should have bet $51)
2nd place had $230 and bet $115 (should have bet $89)
1st place had $290 and bet $100 (should have bet $171)
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

alietr wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:29 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:24 am Former J! players can take it as well. There is a toggle to indicate you have already appeared on the show.
Who's Kirby? Guess I missed that one...
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:55 pm
Jeff "same tie" Kirby: https://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=6404
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:06 pm
Two-time loser.
In and out of the pool four times
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

I took the online test today for fun/charity. There were 13 questions that I wasn't totally sure about, and I made educated guesses on most of them that I thought were pretty good, so I'm giving myself a squeaking pass.

I encourage everyone here to take it whether you've been on the show or not so that the charitable donation can be maxed out.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:06 pm
I don't remember this story. I just pictured Kirby from Nintendo snarfing up extra J! play like big ol' blocks.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Is it possible to do the test on my phone?
gamawire
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by gamawire »

triviawayne wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:42 pm
gamawire wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:26 pm

good luck, and did the site have something about the eligibility date being waived; and if it did, did it also say this was "unofficial"?
It did say something like when you had taken it did not matter. There was no mention that I saw of unofficial.
Last edited by gamawire on Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

Bamaman wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:07 pm Is it possible to do the test on my phone?
I just took the test on my phone, and I do NOT recommend this method if you're testing for real. Each time a question popped up, the page was driven upward on the screen, and I had to scroll it back down where I could read it. Several times, I hit the "Submit" bar by accident before I could read the question. Don't let hot dog fingers ruin your chances. Get to a traditional keyboard.

Also, even though I hit the toggle to say I had appeared on the show, they still required a photo before they let me continue. If you're testing seriously, have that at the ready. (I uploaded an Al Hirschfeld caricature of Fred Allen that I happened to have on file as a screenshot.)
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

squarekara wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:11 pm
Bamaman wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:07 pm Is it possible to do the test on my phone?
I just took the test on my phone, and I do NOT recommend this method if you're testing for real. Each time a question popped up, the page was driven upward on the screen, and I had to scroll it back down where I could read it. Several times, I hit the "Submit" bar by accident before I could read the question. Don't let hot dog fingers ruin your chances. Get to a traditional keyboard.

Also, even though I hit the toggle to say I had appeared on the show, they still required a photo before they let me continue. If you're testing seriously, have that at the ready. (I uploaded an Al Hirschfeld caricature of Fred Allen that I happened to have on file as a screenshot.)
Thank you. I did it on my laptop. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any pictures on it so I had to take one before I took the test. Not my best look.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

OK, I took the test to add to the charity give. No clue how I did, as I really wasn't paying attention.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I took the test, and recorded myself reading the clues and my responses so I could review my performance. There were a couple I had to verify, but I knew I was right on most of them. I think I got 48 (without researching the ones I "know" I got right), and if this had been a written test, I would have been able to pull a 50—one miss was a show title I blanked on until about three questions later, the other was a hasty response that I realized was wrong when it was still up but too late to be changed. I think I'd do all right on the show!!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

I knew it wouldn't be a good day for me to try, but I wasn't going to pass up a freebie.

Allergies are strong in this one, yes. Claritin didn't really help, but I took the test anyway. I forgot to hit record, so I don't know how I did, but I'm estimating somewhere between 30-35.

At least I can try again in May.
Total game show career losings = $171,522