LL One Days

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

mrparadise
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

LL One Days

Post by mrparadise »

Does anyone ever wonder if it's "permissible" to study for an upcoming one day? If you knew Cannes Prizewinners or Stephen Sondheim Lyrics was coming up you could clearly improve your score by reading up (a quick brushup or an all-nighter) with old friend Wikipedia or a zillion other sources. Easy to do and I'm pretty sure there's no rule against it, but it wouldn't feel right. Although I guess one could argue that if it's not against the rules it's fine. I don't recall this being discussed before but my apologies if it has.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: LL One Days

Post by econgator »

mrparadise wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:35 pm Does anyone ever wonder if it's "permissible" to study for an upcoming one day? If you knew Cannes Prizewinners or Stephen Sondheim Lyrics was coming up you could clearly improve your score by reading up (a quick brushup or an all-nighter) with old friend Wikipedia or a zillion other sources. Easy to do and I'm pretty sure there's no rule against it, but it wouldn't feel right. Although I guess one could argue that if it's not against the rules it's fine. I don't recall this being discussed before but my apologies if it has.
No need to wonder. Study all you want before you look at the questions.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
mrparadise
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mrparadise »

Thanks for the citation. I thought the subject would be more controversial but it seems not to be. Still don't think I'll prep for the few one days I do, mostly out of sheer laziness.