Thursday, May 19, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: Thursday, May 19, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Robert K S »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:34 am We welcome Grand Moff Tarkin to the J-Canon as a response. He previously appeared in a clue during Amy Schneider's run.
"You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the WAH, UGH, UH, UH, NAME IT, NOW... before I go home"

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Robert K S wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:03 am
MinnesotaMyron wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:34 am We welcome Grand Moff Tarkin to the J-Canon as a response. He previously appeared in a clue during Amy Schneider's run.
"You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the WAH, UGH, UH, UH, NAME IT, NOW... before I go home"
Made all the better when you realize he's wearing comfy slippers in shots where you don't see his feet
https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/star-w ... -slippers/
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

58 R (Missed the Bottom Two in Blooperman.)
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:

When Ryan said "Let's Do Drugs", it reminded me of this game: https://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=5483
Douglas Squasoni
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

Lefty wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:15 pm The one that stood out for me was Physics $2000; specifically, using the word "either" in a clue that asks for two things.
That was one that made me talk back to the screen. It's another example of a poorly-written clue that might not have made it to game in the Trebeck era. The clue would have been straightforward with simply "these two points," adding "either" was very misleading to the contestants.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

AFRET CMS wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:59 pm
Lefty wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:15 pm The one that stood out for me was Physics $2000; specifically, using the word "either" in a clue that asks for two things.
That was one that made me talk back to the screen. It's another example of a poorly-written clue that might not have made it to game in the Trebeck era. The clue would have been straightforward with simply "these two points," adding "either" was very misleading to the contestants.
There have been a number of times where they wanted more than one thing and the player gave just one and was negged. Alex used to say “we need two”.
Perv Griffin
Contributor

Post by Perv Griffin »

Bamaman wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:15 pm
AFRET CMS wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:59 pm
There have been a number of times where they wanted more than one thing and the player gave just one and was negged. Alex used to say “we need two”.
I was astonished that this wasn't corrected later on.

Embarrassing and inexcusable.