Tuesday, May 24, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Plactus
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Plactus »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:48 pm By now after all these thousands of shows I should be able to read and process a FJ! clue. Nope, I immediately wrote the right name, but somehow I thought the clue wanted two names. Unable to think of a suitable match I looked for a connecting duo and switched to (I should know better) fictional Macbeth & Macduff.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. To be sure, Shakespeare's play is fiction loosely wrapped around a few bits of history, but Macbeth was real. (As for Macduff...)
Oh, what has science wrought? I sought only to turn a man into a metal-encased juggernaut of destruction powered by the unknown properties of a mysterious living crystal. How could this have all gone wrong?
Category 13
Wagering Viking

Post by Category 13 »

Bamaman wrote:
Category 13 wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
Category 13 wrote: Guaranteed Matt Amodio and Amy Schneider get that Gerald Ford DD. Mattea Roach I'm not so sure about.
Wasn’t presidents a big weak spot for Amy?
You may be right but with the clue all to herself and the extra time to think it through, I don't see her missing this one.
Plus, I think the ones she had trouble with were usually further back in history.
Given “end of Vietnam” it was pretty much a coin flip. We ended conflict in 1973 but South Vietnam hung on for a couple more years. I did get it right.
The clue gave: "Final days of the Vietnam war". That was most certainly 1975, long after Nixon's resignation.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

Category 13 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:22 am
Bamaman wrote: Given “end of Vietnam” it was pretty much a coin flip. We ended conflict in 1973 but South Vietnam hung on for a couple more years. I did get it right.
The clue gave: "Final days of the Vietnam war". That was most certainly 1975, long after Nixon's resignation.
Well, for values of "long" that include "less than 8 months", sure. Obviously if you know that time period to that level of granularity, it's not a coin flip. But nothing is a coin flip when you know enough.
brick
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by brick »

opusthepenguin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:39 am
Bamaman wrote: Given “end of Vietnam” it was pretty much a coin flip. We ended conflict in 1973 but South Vietnam hung on for a couple more years. I did get it right.
Well, for values of "long" that include "less than 8 months", sure. Obviously if you know that time period to that level of granularity, it's not a coin flip. But nothing is a coin flip when you know enough.
A coin flip still is.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

brick wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:01 pm
opusthepenguin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:39 am
A coin flip still is.
:lol: