Alex retiring

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Vanya
The support is non-zero

Re: Alex retiring

Post by Vanya »

It's time for a woman to host. I nominate FNC's Harris Faulkner.
Johnblue
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Johnblue »

She'd be a good choice. Quick-witted and easy on the eyes.
whoisalexjacob
2015 TOC'er

Post by whoisalexjacob »

What about this guy? He'd be awesome.
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

omgwheelhouse wrote:
What about Ben Stein? He'd be awesome.
He's as old as Alex. Doubt he'd be considered.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

omgwheelhouse wrote:What about [Ben Stein]? He'd be awesome.
I'd love to see him on Celebrity J!, though. Preferably up against Andy Richter.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
HugoZ
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by HugoZ »

omgwheelhouse wrote:Image

What about this guy? He'd be awesome.
Only if he wore that suit and hat.

I could see a new term for a Triple Stumper entering into J! Lingo though.

Anyone?....

Anyone?....
legendneverdies

Johnny Gilbert is as old as Bob Barker; he'll be 90 in 2014. If Alex retires, wonder if Johnny G. would retire too?
legendneverdies

Marc SUmmers did do an adequate job on History IQ in 2000-2001 on History IQ, but he's 60 now and maybe too old for SOny to consider.
whoisalexjacob
2015 TOC'er

Post by whoisalexjacob »

I'm cool with Marc Summers as long the "Physical Challenge" comes with him... Jeopardy contestants reaching into a giant nostril to sift through simulated snot in search of a flag or some such thing... that's entertainment.
HugoZ
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by HugoZ »

omgwheelhouse wrote:I'm cool with Marc Summers as long the "Physical Challenge" comes with him... Jeopardy contestants reaching into a giant nostril to sift through simulated snot in search of a flag or some such thing... that's entertainment.
In the Green Room, I pitched a show concept to Robert that was a hybrid quiz show / teams applying knowledge and building things (a la Mythbusters).

Jeopardy! + potato cannons = a whole new way to attract the young'ns.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

HugoZ wrote:
omgwheelhouse wrote:I'm cool with Marc Summers as long the "Physical Challenge" comes with him... Jeopardy contestants reaching into a giant nostril to sift through simulated snot in search of a flag or some such thing... that's entertainment.
In the Green Room, I pitched a show concept to Robert that was a hybrid quiz show / teams applying knowledge and building things (a la Mythbusters).

Jeopardy! + potato cannons = a whole new way to attract the young'ns.
My seven-year-old son would be glued to that show!
Judy5cents
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Judy5cents »

Ben Stein has game show hosting experience. "Win Ben Stein's Money" ran for six years on Comedy Central. A college friend of mine was on it but did not win any of Mr. Stein's money. Although I would hope for a host a bit more congenial than Ben Stein. His stock and trade is looking like he's been sucking on a lemon ever since he filmed "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

How about Tom Bergeron? He can read an index card as well as anyone, and after all the d-list celebrities he's cheerfully dealt with on "Dancing With The Stars," Jeopardy! would be a welcome change.
legendneverdies

Judy5cents wrote: How about Tom Bergeron? He can read an index card as well as anyone, and after all the d-list celebrities he's cheerfully dealt with on "Dancing With The Stars," Jeopardy! would be a welcome change.
Tom would be considered I would think, for J! and certainly for Wheel when Pat retires. ALthough he said he didn't want to do any more game shows after his run of Hollywood Squares ended in 2004, he was seriously courted for TPIR when Barker retired, as per his autobiography. Alex has said TOm B. is the person he'd like to see succeed him, although he's about 60.
iowabelle
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by iowabelle »

I would so hate Tom Bergeron as the Jeopardy! host. I can't watch DWTS because of all his lame jokes.
slam
Auditioning Since 1985

Post by slam »

I think Bergeron would be fine, but his age works against him. He's 57 now and would probably be 60 before Trebek's earliest likely retirement date. I would think that J! would want someone under 50 at that time so that there would be a chance to build another 20+ year run.
JyV92
Jeopardy! UTOCer

Post by JyV92 »

If it's not Brad or one of us here, I say Allan Havey who's funny and an excellent host. HE should've gotten regis philbin's job. (odd capitalization? yes.)
(trivia question: what late night show did Havey host that was eventually replaced by Politically incorrect?)
heelsrule1988
Sports Jeopardy! Alum/VVL #19

Post by heelsrule1988 »

Not a fan of this thread title.
legendneverdies

iowabelle wrote:I would so hate Tom Bergeron as the Jeopardy! host. I can't watch DWTS because of all his lame jokes.
He really did a respectable job on Squares, even Peter Marshall said he did(though he didn't like the production of the show in the WHoopi years, he did appear in the 2002-03 season as the Center Square for a week of game show people when Henry Winkler became the producer)
okstater04
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by okstater04 »

Aisha Tyler? Did well on Celebrity Jeopardy!, and would add that female perspective that Vanya wants.

John Hodgeman?

Anderson Cooper? Hell, he plays Celebrity Jeopardy! enough?

Michael McKean?

Just some random thoughts.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

iowabelle wrote:I would so hate Tom Bergeron as the Jeopardy! host. I can't watch DWTS because of all his lame jokes.
And Trebek *doesn't* do lame jokes? At least he usually keeps them to the audience patter, but, from what I hear, that's all he does in audience patter.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012